🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 9.3 — Time Crunch: Day 3

@Mark Thompson
Dave Anthony has made two posts giving his candid opinion. You've made many, many, more than two posts giving your candid opinion with the attitude of "I regret nothing", "you guys can't handle my opinion", "don't try to silence me".
What do you want from Dave Anthony? I personally think it's really nice that he choose to contribute. Would you prefer that he just said nothing?

@Mark Thompson
Dave Anthony has made two posts giving his candid opinion. You've made many, many, more than two posts giving your candid opinion with the attitude of "I regret nothing", "you guys can't handle my opinion", "don't try to silence me".
What do you want from Dave Anthony? I personally think it's really nice that he choose to contribute. Would you prefer that he just said nothing?

Carefull with the abbreviations, now. You wouldn't want to look like a common Troll. The gentleman Internet Contrarian must answer to a higher code of ethics, and when you cross that line, you move from "just kind of a dick" to "legitimately bad person".

Carefull with the abbreviations, now. You wouldn't want to look like a common Troll. The gentleman Internet Contrarian must answer to a higher code of ethics, and when you cross that line, you move from "just kind of a dick" to "legitimately bad person".

By the way, I feel like this thread is probably stale enough by now that it's OK to start over-posting, right? I mean, it FEELS like a long time since Wednesday... Can I get some confirmation on how long it's polite to wait for a thread to wind down to just the belligerents? There must be some statute of limitations, right?
I have a lot of time on my hands you guys...

By the way, I feel like this thread is probably stale enough by now that it's OK to start over-posting, right? I mean, it FEELS like a long time since Wednesday... Can I get some confirmation on how long it's polite to wait for a thread to wind down to just the belligerents? There must be some statute of limitations, right?
I have a lot of time on my hands you guys...

Dave hasn't confined his whining to the Earwolf forums. Regardless, I'd say that the tone of my posts are remarkably similar to the tone of Dave's posts. Also, I don't believe I ever claimed that no one could "handle my opinion" or claimed that anyone was trying to "silence" me (and I'm not sure you know what "quote marks" are for, since I certainly never SAID either of those things). I give people more credit than that.
-
The only thing I want from Dave Anthony is an acknowledgement that he and the other two screwed up the judging. Given his responses here and elsewhere, I certainly don't expect to get that. Consequently, I think it would indeed be classier if he just said nothing, rather than post defensively about how everyone who thinks LHR's submission was funnier than TL's submission is wrong, especially as he is clearly in the vast minority in that regard.
-
Dave is certainly free to post whatever he wants, just as I feel free to comment on what he posts. That's how forums work. I think it would be smart of him to stop complaining about being picked on on the internet, as that never leads to anything good (ask Matt Mira...on second thought, don't. He never learns.), but he's a big boy. He can make his own decisions.

Dave hasn't confined his whining to the Earwolf forums. Regardless, I'd say that the tone of my posts are remarkably similar to the tone of Dave's posts. Also, I don't believe I ever claimed that no one could "handle my opinion" or claimed that anyone was trying to "silence" me (and I'm not sure you know what "quote marks" are for, since I certainly never SAID either of those things). I give people more credit than that.
-
The only thing I want from Dave Anthony is an acknowledgement that he and the other two screwed up the judging. Given his responses here and elsewhere, I certainly don't expect to get that. Consequently, I think it would indeed be classier if he just said nothing, rather than post defensively about how everyone who thinks LHR's submission was funnier than TL's submission is wrong, especially as he is clearly in the vast minority in that regard.
-
Dave is certainly free to post whatever he wants, just as I feel free to comment on what he posts. That's how forums work. I think it would be smart of him to stop complaining about being picked on on the internet, as that never leads to anything good (ask Matt Mira...on second thought, don't. He never learns.), but he's a big boy. He can make his own decisions.

@Mark Thompson

I must have gotten you confused with someone else. Sorry for claiming that you thought you were being silenced on this board. I should have looked into your posting history (which is kind of hard to do). Sorry again for getting that wrong.

@Mark Thompson

I must have gotten you confused with someone else. Sorry for claiming that you thought you were being silenced on this board. I should have looked into your posting history (which is kind of hard to do). Sorry again for getting that wrong.

DING DING. IT'S DIRK "THE DICK" DIRKINGTON VS. "EVERYBODY HATES (A KNOW IT ALL)" RAYMOND VS. MARK "NEVER WRONG" THOMPSON. IT'S A THREE WAY TITLE FIGHT FOR THE TITLE OF: WHO CAN BE THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE LOSER WITH NO LIFE THAT DOES NOTHING BUT CRITICIZE THE HARD WORK OF PEOPLE THEY WISH THEY COULD BE!

LLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READDY TO TROLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

fuck you guys, the entire elimination boils down to Borat being a fucked out reference. That's it. No bad judging, no conspiracy, no bad producing. Just one mediocre sketch from a group that usually makes great sketches.

DING DING. IT'S DIRK "THE DICK" DIRKINGTON VS. "EVERYBODY HATES (A KNOW IT ALL)" RAYMOND VS. MARK "NEVER WRONG" THOMPSON. IT'S A THREE WAY TITLE FIGHT FOR THE TITLE OF: WHO CAN BE THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE LOSER WITH NO LIFE THAT DOES NOTHING BUT CRITICIZE THE HARD WORK OF PEOPLE THEY WISH THEY COULD BE!

LLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READDY TO TROLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

fuck you guys, the entire elimination boils down to Borat being a fucked out reference. That's it. No bad judging, no conspiracy, no bad producing. Just one mediocre sketch from a group that usually makes great sketches.

@Raymond

"Carefull with the abbreviations, now. You wouldn't want to look like a common Troll. The gentleman Internet Contrarian must answer to a higher code of ethics, and when you cross that line, you move from "just kind of a dick" to "legitimately bad person". "

Gimme a break! lol. I woke up and read all that and I couldn't stop laughing. Most of it doesn't make any sense!

@Robstraws says - "I like to think it's Dirk Nowitzki and he is doing this because of the lockout."

What's that mean? Did he just scan the post and see 'lock-out' and then throw his 2-cents with the others?

Then there is this

@dave anthony says - "Your comments toward Scott, Jeff, myself, and both Matts was over the line."

Without citing any comment...

It went on to say more... but he edited it out. I did a double take when I went to qoute it and it wasn't there... but my iPhone still had it in the cache.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n488/lordthree/Screenshot2011-09-09at122246PM.png

"People on other forums describe you as a horrible troll here." - dave

I mean it's certainly not true (I only use this name on earwolf) and I'm glad you edited that out dave, but sheeeeiiitt.... why did you type that in the first place?

So yea... I can't help but laugh-my-ass-off... sorry- I typed it all out this time.

"By the way, I feel like this thread is probably stale enough by now that it's OK to start over-posting, right? I mean, it FEELS like a long time since Wednesday... "

I agree. let's shut this one down. This has gone on longer than any of the other days. They don't need anymore traffic here... move along.

@Mark Thompson

"If "poor" Mark Watson went to the trouble of registering just so he could post that he's going to stop posting, I think he's too busy enjoying his own self-satisfaction to be too bothered by anything posted here."

It occurs to me that he's probably Raymond or someone under a different screen name? I rarely use the term, but I think it's reasonable to say that some of these people are just 'butt-hurt' about people disagreeing with them and feel the need to exacerbate by making multiple accounts.

@Diggler

F OFF - You think the highschool musical totally lame was funnier than Borat Robot? fat fucking chance. Nice caps tho fiend.

@Raymond

"Carefull with the abbreviations, now. You wouldn't want to look like a common Troll. The gentleman Internet Contrarian must answer to a higher code of ethics, and when you cross that line, you move from "just kind of a dick" to "legitimately bad person". "

Gimme a break! lol. I woke up and read all that and I couldn't stop laughing. Most of it doesn't make any sense!

@Robstraws says - "I like to think it's Dirk Nowitzki and he is doing this because of the lockout."

What's that mean? Did he just scan the post and see 'lock-out' and then throw his 2-cents with the others?

Then there is this

@dave anthony says - "Your comments toward Scott, Jeff, myself, and both Matts was over the line."

Without citing any comment...

It went on to say more... but he edited it out. I did a double take when I went to qoute it and it wasn't there... but my iPhone still had it in the cache.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n488/lordthree/Screenshot2011-09-09at122246PM.png

"People on other forums describe you as a horrible troll here." - dave

I mean it's certainly not true (I only use this name on earwolf) and I'm glad you edited that out dave, but sheeeeiiitt.... why did you type that in the first place?

So yea... I can't help but laugh-my-ass-off... sorry- I typed it all out this time.

"By the way, I feel like this thread is probably stale enough by now that it's OK to start over-posting, right? I mean, it FEELS like a long time since Wednesday... "

I agree. let's shut this one down. This has gone on longer than any of the other days. They don't need anymore traffic here... move along.

@Mark Thompson

"If "poor" Mark Watson went to the trouble of registering just so he could post that he's going to stop posting, I think he's too busy enjoying his own self-satisfaction to be too bothered by anything posted here."

It occurs to me that he's probably Raymond or someone under a different screen name? I rarely use the term, but I think it's reasonable to say that some of these people are just 'butt-hurt' about people disagreeing with them and feel the need to exacerbate by making multiple accounts.

@Diggler

F OFF - You think the highschool musical totally lame was funnier than Borat Robot? fat fucking chance. Nice caps tho fiend.

Okay, at this point I think those of you who have already posted have expressed the entirety of your opinions on this episode and more. Time to move on. We're so close to the end, it would be a shame to start booting people for excessive posting / being excessively argumentative.
I think you'd agree we've been more than fair (perhaps too fair?) in allowing everyone to have their say, no matter how much of an asshole they choose to be. We still want to hear what people think of the final week.
That said, when the final episodes go up, you will be allowed to POST ONCE PER EPISODE. No more of this responding to everyone who disagrees with you. It makes for an exhausting environment. So for those of you who like writing internet treatises and manifestos, start warming up your spellcheck.

Okay, at this point I think those of you who have already posted have expressed the entirety of your opinions on this episode and more. Time to move on. We're so close to the end, it would be a shame to start booting people for excessive posting / being excessively argumentative.
I think you'd agree we've been more than fair (perhaps too fair?) in allowing everyone to have their say, no matter how much of an asshole they choose to be. We still want to hear what people think of the final week.
That said, when the final episodes go up, you will be allowed to POST ONCE PER EPISODE. No more of this responding to everyone who disagrees with you. It makes for an exhausting environment. So for those of you who like writing internet treatises and manifestos, start warming up your spellcheck.