🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Q.

And then there were 2: Little Dum Dum Club vs. Totally Laime

I know there is a lot of disappointment and lingering resentment, but let's shift attention away from who's been booted to who we have left: LIttle Dum Dum Club going head to head with Totally Laime for the title of Earwolf Challenge season 1 winner. (There really should be a more winning title. Earwolf Champion?)

Cries of conspiracy and bias notwithstanding, I think these two podcasts are entertaining and charming in their own rights. What do you guys think? They have similar formulas in relying on two personalities, but obviously vary in their execution. For the record, I've now subscribed to both podcasts since the competition started, and wish them luck as one of them goes on to join the Earwolf network.

I know there is a lot of disappointment and lingering resentment, but let's shift attention away from who's been booted to who we have left: LIttle Dum Dum Club going head to head with Totally Laime for the title of Earwolf Challenge season 1 winner. (There really should be a more winning title. Earwolf Champion?)

Cries of conspiracy and bias notwithstanding, I think these two podcasts are entertaining and charming in their own rights. What do you guys think? They have similar formulas in relying on two personalities, but obviously vary in their execution. For the record, I've now subscribed to both podcasts since the competition started, and wish them luck as one of them goes on to join the Earwolf network.

Both shows clearly have led through the whole season and nobody should be surprised they are the finalists. They should be. I think Totally Laime has skated twice and Dum Dum really only stumbled a little this week but still should have been safe. I think if Matt would have provided a little background, like usual, and clarified that the Tommy's trip with his parents was already known about by everybody in the freaking world except the two judges, they would have been safe. Maybe not. I don't know. Totally Laime definitely appealed to their target audience, the male judges, with sex talk so I guess they get points for that, too!

No matter who wins the challenge next week, I feel like I have won by finding one must download podcast and a few other to probably check out every week. Dum Dum is currently in the fifth spot on my Instacast list and Totally Laime is right behind them and Car Talk! (Comedy Bang Bang, Ronna & Beverley, This Week with Larry Miller and Sklarbro Country are 1-4; FYI). So, thanks Earwolf! Good luck to all four contestants next week!

Both shows clearly have led through the whole season and nobody should be surprised they are the finalists. They should be. I think Totally Laime has skated twice and Dum Dum really only stumbled a little this week but still should have been safe. I think if Matt would have provided a little background, like usual, and clarified that the Tommy's trip with his parents was already known about by everybody in the freaking world except the two judges, they would have been safe. Maybe not. I don't know. Totally Laime definitely appealed to their target audience, the male judges, with sex talk so I guess they get points for that, too!

No matter who wins the challenge next week, I feel like I have won by finding one must download podcast and a few other to probably check out every week. Dum Dum is currently in the fifth spot on my Instacast list and Totally Laime is right behind them and Car Talk! (Comedy Bang Bang, Ronna & Beverley, This Week with Larry Miller and Sklarbro Country are 1-4; FYI). So, thanks Earwolf! Good luck to all four contestants next week!

It was a shock to see LHR stumble after easily winning the rounds for the previous four weeks in a row but these two skating past has set up a nice head-to-head of the gabfests for the final lap.

Bring it on!

It was a shock to see LHR stumble after easily winning the rounds for the previous four weeks in a row but these two skating past has set up a nice head-to-head of the gabfests for the final lap.

Bring it on!

My favorite American Idol episode of the season is when all the contestants sing duets with each other. The best Who Charted, was the one with Scott as the guest.

Wouldn't it be awesome if these 2 podcast joined forces and made sweet sweet music with each other.

Can Besser set it up, maybe just before the confetti hits the floor of the earwolf studio?

Will we be able to hear that later??

My favorite American Idol episode of the season is when all the contestants sing duets with each other. The best Who Charted, was the one with Scott as the guest.

Wouldn't it be awesome if these 2 podcast joined forces and made sweet sweet music with each other.

Can Besser set it up, maybe just before the confetti hits the floor of the earwolf studio?

Will we be able to hear that later??

I think this is going to be a really interesting matchup, and one that I think we could have seen building from the start. LDDC have been pretty consistently on, with the exception of last week not being their best effort. And while TL have been up and down at times, they have put out several good pieces. The main thing is that both of these podcasts have done a really good job of making content that fits into the sensibilities of their own show but addresses the challenge for the week.

I will agree that in some weeks they have both eked out not being in the bottom 3 simply because their hosts sounds cute (girl, Aussies) and/or have good rapport. But for most podcasts this is why you listen each week.

I think this is going to be a really interesting matchup, and one that I think we could have seen building from the start. LDDC have been pretty consistently on, with the exception of last week not being their best effort. And while TL have been up and down at times, they have put out several good pieces. The main thing is that both of these podcasts have done a really good job of making content that fits into the sensibilities of their own show but addresses the challenge for the week.

I will agree that in some weeks they have both eked out not being in the bottom 3 simply because their hosts sounds cute (girl, Aussies) and/or have good rapport. But for most podcasts this is why you listen each week.

I see the Dums winning. Every one of their submissions has been funny. They are effortlessly funny with each other and their guests.

I see the Dums winning. Every one of their submissions has been funny. They are effortlessly funny with each other and their guests.

Sign in to follow this