🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 32 — Who Runs Cracked?

Cracked.comis one of the internet's most popular comedy locales. Jack O'Brien is the mastermind behind this magazine-turned-website and he's here on The Wolf Den to talk web analytics, book publishing, flashbulb memory and more. Learn a bit about the impending FunnyOrDie partnership and get a quick tease of what you can expect from Earwolf in the coming month. Thanks for all the activity in the forums, and as always you can emailthewolfden@earwolf.com

Cracked.comis one of the internet's most popular comedy locales. Jack O'Brien is the mastermind behind this magazine-turned-website and he's here on The Wolf Den to talk web analytics, book publishing, flashbulb memory and more. Learn a bit about the impending FunnyOrDie partnership and get a quick tease of what you can expect from Earwolf in the coming month. Thanks for all the activity in the forums, and as always you can emailthewolfden@earwolf.com

Very interesting episode, as always. I'm super excited for the FunnyOrDie partnership launch on Monday! Congrats again on that.
-
Scott used to ask all of his guests "How much money do you make?" on CBB. Will Jeff's default question become "Where were you on 9/11?"

Very interesting episode, as always. I'm super excited for the FunnyOrDie partnership launch on Monday! Congrats again on that.
-
Scott used to ask all of his guests "How much money do you make?" on CBB. Will Jeff's default question become "Where were you on 9/11?"

I disagree with this notion that advertisers are slow to understand the importance of digital media. The amount of digital media divisions and start-ups that have popped up in NYC over the last few years is astounding. Maybe the main focus should be to bridge the divide between Hollywood and NYC? In addition, have you tried to pitch the New York Times or WSJ about EarWolf? With upcoming seasons of shows like The League, it would be a great angle to incorporate Paul's and Nick's involvement with EarWolf and how it has helped to bring in new audiences to the FX show and vice versa?

PS: Will the Funny or Die video be a 2 minute shot of Jeff and Scott ballroom dancing with the idea of non-comedy shows?

I disagree with this notion that advertisers are slow to understand the importance of digital media. The amount of digital media divisions and start-ups that have popped up in NYC over the last few years is astounding. Maybe the main focus should be to bridge the divide between Hollywood and NYC? In addition, have you tried to pitch the New York Times or WSJ about EarWolf? With upcoming seasons of shows like The League, it would be a great angle to incorporate Paul's and Nick's involvement with EarWolf and how it has helped to bring in new audiences to the FX show and vice versa?

PS: Will the Funny or Die video be a 2 minute shot of Jeff and Scott ballroom dancing with the idea of non-comedy shows?

I never realized Cracked.com has only been around since 2006 and that it has only been the main focus for less than that. I don’t read it that often because there are just too many pictures and too many awesome jokes that make it pretty obvious I am not working, but man is Cracked.com funny and weirdly informative.

I thought it was pretty interesting and cool the way Jack responded to Jeff’s comment / question about Demand Media being somewhat of a freelance content farm. Anyone who hasn’t read about them at all should check out this info graphic.

Jack seemed really proud of Cracked, and he should be. It must be frustrating sometimes being lumped in with eHow when the quality of writing at Cracked is so so much higher. Their content could actually play really well as a podcast if they found the right format.

I never realized Cracked.com has only been around since 2006 and that it has only been the main focus for less than that. I don’t read it that often because there are just too many pictures and too many awesome jokes that make it pretty obvious I am not working, but man is Cracked.com funny and weirdly informative.

I thought it was pretty interesting and cool the way Jack responded to Jeff’s comment / question about Demand Media being somewhat of a freelance content farm. Anyone who hasn’t read about them at all should check out this info graphic.

Jack seemed really proud of Cracked, and he should be. It must be frustrating sometimes being lumped in with eHow when the quality of writing at Cracked is so so much higher. Their content could actually play really well as a podcast if they found the right format.

Started to post this in the Earwolf Challenge forums, but I figure that show is getting plenty enough action, and it's certainly not out of place here. Plus, I'm a regular listener to Wolf Den, so....

Anyhoosier - Earwolf should consider implementing, if feasible, an upvote/downvote system to the forums. When a board lights up like it has with EC, it can create another level of discourse and sort of crowd-source the management of vitriol. Just my 2 cents.

Started to post this in the Earwolf Challenge forums, but I figure that show is getting plenty enough action, and it's certainly not out of place here. Plus, I'm a regular listener to Wolf Den, so....

Anyhoosier - Earwolf should consider implementing, if feasible, an upvote/downvote system to the forums. When a board lights up like it has with EC, it can create another level of discourse and sort of crowd-source the management of vitriol. Just my 2 cents.

This show made me wish that Michael Swaim From Cracked and Those aren't Muskets! would be on any of Earwolf's fine programs. That guy is fantastic.

Sign in to follow this