🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
CapricaSixSixSix

Showgirls (1995)

Here in San Francisco, drag queen Peaches Christ often does a show called "Night of a 1000 Showgirls" at the Castro Theater with a drag recreation at the beginning- she emerges from a volcano and everything. Then literally anyone who want to give a lap dance to anyone in the crowd is welcome, and the the 1000+ person audience shouting back at the movie. It's one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had.

No bad movie has ever been "too done" before, especially when our favorite trio hasn't done it yet. And I would LOVE to hear what June has to say.

• Like 2

I think it goes without saying that I'm a huge Showgirls fan (ahem, see below). I LOVE THIS TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE FILM.

I just sat down to watch this for the first time tonight. I'm only 1 hour into it, but holy hellballs.... every single person in this movie is a grade A, Defcon 5 level MANIAC.

Nomi Malone: Are you following me around? I didn't fuck anybody I was just...

James Smith: I saw you! Man everybody got AIDS and shit.

Holy shit.

2fa35ba5-f8d2-4e05-b570-a83662f91160_zps164a1669.jpg

I love to see this kind of treatment to Blue Velvet, maybe it's because of Kyle MacLachlan's in showgirls got me thinking about this.

God why do networks try and show movies that they know are inappropriate for the network. You can't show movies with swearing and toplessness don't.

Ohh if you have Blue Velvet on dvd, watch it in Spanish and french dubbed audio but with English subtitles. You'll find your self on the floor laughing.

This movie has been posted before, but I feel like it got buried and forgotten about in the forum. Showgirls is perfect for HDTGM. Please do it.

Please Please Please let there be a HDTGM Showgirls!

I disagree with most the people in this forum post. I think Showgirls is visually, amazing (Verhoeven, duh). I also think the script is GOOD. The acting however, is always turned to a 10 (or higher). I think you could recast and reshoot the movie with the same script and get a commercially successful film, but not have any of the magic. It's all about how over the top everyone is at all times.

Absolute favorite "bad" movie.

dreamtroit - I know, i know. any fucking time soon...

I think they are saving this one like a Very fine bottle of wine.

They know they can pull this puppy out and break it to the table anytime but they don't.

This would be a great movie to review with The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story

SET your PVR's if you still have one.

I'm hoping that they're saving this for episode 100. Every milestone deserves Showgirls. That's a saying, right?

• Like 1

I sort of feel like this should be held for the last episode of HDTGM. Decades from now, when they finally decide to end it after thousands and thousands of amazing episodes. It'll make a great Bookend for the series; start with Burlesque, end with Showgirls. Just seems right :P

But yeah, a fantastic choice regardless. This movie is crazy.

• Like 1

can we come up with a good working conspiracy theory as to why paul and the gang hasn't done this movie yet.

I am thinking.

2ilodix.jpg

• Like 2

I feel like the beginning of Staying Alive is the closest we're going to come to a Showgirls episode.

I feel like the beginning of Staying Alive is the closest we're going to come to a Showgirls episode.

Lando, I'm still holding onto the hope that Showgirls will be the 100 episode of HDTGM.

• Like 1

Lando, I'm still holding onto the hope that Showgirls will be the 100 episode of HDTGM.

I wish, but I am fairly certain that episode 100 is gonna be Xanadu.

The absolute perfect guest for Showgirls would be Go Bayside's April Richardson. Just sayin'...

I was surprised to see a new episode pop up last week, as she's pretty much done, aside from the TV movies. Her on a Showgirls show would work as a nice epilog to the series/podcast, and there could be so much discussion about this being the alternate universe Jesse Spano that didn't QUITE cut it in college...

I am still working on my conspiracy theory about why this hasn't been picked yet for HDTGM..

I think maybe they're super tight with the Michael Bolton-esque rapist guy.

• Like 3

I am still working on my conspiracy theory about why this hasn't been picked yet for HDTGM..

Paul has said on the show it's been done too many times by other people. There's nothing new to rehash.