🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
CapricaSixSixSix

Showgirls (1995)

I remember Kevin Nealon at one point did a great Michael Bolton impersonation on Saturday night live. thank you NBC Copyright police. he would rewrite other peoples work. it ended with happy birthday being copied as a song.

I think Show Girls would be perfect and I am never going to give up on this dream, they can take away the happening. the smurfs. even Dreamcatcher, yet i would die to see it on HDTGM. but Show Girls is just fucking crazy. I've read that Paul has said something around the lines of not doing movies that are just plain terrible. but then they go ahead and do a movie like "Ernest goes to jail" a fucking stupid movie. I never watched that movie because it so annoyed me, just by the box cover art alone and then not too long after that we got hulk hogan, bottom of the barrel of movies. Mind you they did manage to make a very entertaining podcast out of all of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv5vMJKBAbo

was this the inspiration for nick cages hair?

10puffd.jpg

I want to look like Michael Bolton please!

I wish someone could edit this Michael Bolton video and cut out all of his scenes and replace them with scenes from conair with nick cage.

• Like 2

Crap! I just watched this movie assuming that they had done it.

Now I really want them to do "Showgirls" as an episode.

That said, the movie is so INSANE, that I don't feel like I wasted my time.

• Like 1

holy shit. I'm watching this movie for the first time right now. I'm only 6 minutes in and it's already the best HDTGM movie ever. Why have they not done this yet!?

I too cannot understand why this hasn't been done yet! I believe the following sentence from the movie sums up why this movie should be reviewed. James Smith "Everybody got AIDS and shit!" This is just the most memorable quote, but there are a ton more where this comes from.

I'm surprised The Suicide Squad discussion from the Runaway thread hasn't spilled over onto the recommendation for this film.

I would love to hear the gang do this movie. Get April Richardson, the host of the Go Bayside podcast, as a guest. I think Paul did an episode of that podcast. She should repay the favor. Gina Gershon would be great or maybe Elizabeth Berkley herself.

I would love to hear the gang do this movie. Get April Richardson, the host of the Go Bayside podcast, as a guest. I think Paul did an episode of that podcast. She should repay the favor. Gina Gershon would be great or maybe Elizabeth Berkley herself.

I have a theory that posits that when the end of this podcast finally (sadly) arrives, Showgirls is going to be the final movie Paul, June and Jason review.

April Richardson should definitely have a guest spot, but I see her on the *fingers crossed* Saved By the Bell: Wedding In Las Vegas episode of HDTGM.

I theorize that this movie was a social experiment done by Verhoeven on the hypocritical American audience. He has had MAJOR success with outrageously violent movies, ridiculous to the point of hilarity at times. (Though I will say the ED-209 "You have 20 seconds to comply" scene from Robocop scarred my child psyche. lol)

AND YET

When he does the exact same thing, but replacing the excessive violence with sex, everyone loses their collective shits.

But, I agree this movie is HILARIOUS, and I also was sure they must have done this movie.

The part where she gets revenge on the Kenny G Analogue for her BFF's rape, the part where she gives a final high-kick...

that pussy jiggle makes me giggle (rhyme not intended) for some reason.

^Censored because the coverup is worse than the crime. much like the TV version of this movie.

• Like 1

This is going to happen sometime in October, as per Paul in the most recent minisode! :D

• Like 1

I am looking forward to the discussion of the Kenny G rapist. It's just so mind-boggling overall.

• Like 1

I've seen this movie many times, but just watched it for the first time with David Schmader's commentary. Amazing!! It was so great. This movie is just perfect for HDTGM. Doesn't matter how many times it's been picked apart, rated, discussed. It needs the HDTGM treatment. I need to hear Jason talk about "Everybody got AIDS and shit!"

• Like 1