RawOrphan

Anyone have a unique podcast concept?

Someone must being doing it, but I think that there should be a PodCast that's essentially sci-fi or horror radio plays, just like in the olden days.

A podcast that recommends podcasts in the style of the very podcast they are recommending.

A show where a work of art of any medium is recommend to the host, the read/watch/listen to/look at it and say what they think.

Someone must being doing it, but I think that there should be a PodCast that's essentially sci-fi or horror radio plays, just like in the olden days.

A podcast that recommends podcasts in the style of the very podcast they are recommending.

A show where a work of art of any medium is recommend to the host, the read/watch/listen to/look at it and say what they think.

I have this great podcast idea: It'll be a high-spirited get-together between a host and his funny friends.... expect conversation, music, improv, games, and most importantly plugs.

So, yeah, it's a work in progress.

• Like 1

^That plugs idea sounds like a real winner.

I guess someone could do a podcast that was like a conversational news update show with 2 guys, but in A FICTIONAL WORLD!!! Like a Star Trek type thing, or a post-apocalypse future thing, or an alternate-history universe full of magic and wonder.
Or just a goofy alternate universe where like Ben Afleck gets elected president and iPods are the size of huge backpacks for some reason. I could laugh at a weekly topical news update from universe X where everyone is an idiot. Obviously they could take ACTUAL topical things and make them retarded for laughs.

I heard a podcast once where people would pitch movies to a "board of producers" (3 guys on Skype), but they could ONLY pitch the title, and the procucers had to just figure out what happens, and whether to green-light it or not. It was pretty short and was basically like Would You Rather.

My friends and i do this podcast called "Help! We're Trapped!" where we are in a unknown location and a disembodied voice like God, speaks to us and pits us against each other with mind games. This voice takes two topics and pits them against each other and gives us a time limit to discuss each topic, at the end of the time limit he starts to count down from 3. At the end of the count down we have to all agree on which topic is better, if we agree the topics get easier to discuss, but if we disagree then the topics get harder and the time limit lessens. Also includes a game called the gauntlet, which is basically a choose your own adventure.

you can find the first episode here .. www.helpweretrapped.wordpress.com

lets us know what you think!

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I'm launching an interactive video podcast called Captain Video. If the video isn't clear, here is a further explanation:

Captain Video doesn't require a listeners full attention in the sense that they don't have to watch the entire 30-60 minute podcast. Majority of the show is listening. During this time, a viewer can open up a new internet tab or do something else (as one would with any other podcast).
Then when we're going to play a game or watch a video, we ask the user to come back to the video and play along with us.

I'm very interested in feedback. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVoUs-ApjBw

There's a Seattle comic, Jay Hollingswotrh, that does a monthly show called True Story. A comic comes out, does his set and then does an interview with Jay and they disect where the material came from in an HILARIOUS fashion. It isn't a podcast but I've suggested to him that he GET ON IT. I think it's a winner of an idea/

We do 60 shots of beer in 60 minutes with 60 topics - PTI style, sort of working on getting a better pattern for putting out more diverse content. We started releasing the "front 9" of the power hour on mondays and the "back 9" later in the week. We're sort of trying to divide the halves in a moderately predictable format, where it's general content/observational (airplane peanuts!) kind of stuff on the first half and then guests/ characters and other bits like that on the drunk half.

We're getting better over time and branching out, but we're probably the only podcast that you can play along at home. Aside from the various subtle hints at pleasuring yourself that are included in most of the earwolf stuff.

We also just figured out that you can only really listen to "It's Five O'clock Somewhere!" and have it actually be five o'clock somewhere for like one minute, like maybe 28 times a day given the fact that Venezuela and Calcutta, India are actually in a half time zone, and Kathmandu is actually like in some weird quarter time zone where when it's 8:00 o'clock in a "normal" time zone it's 8:15 there, so, excluding that the song isn't called "It's Five O'Clock Here!" (so you can't really listen to it when it's actually five o'clock!) it is a little ridiculous and you end up being able to listen to the song at least 28 times a day, but not the times that you might think. So we're pretty busy these days, marking calendars and whathaveyou.

One thing I'm passionate about is amateur sports. That being, all the sports during the Olympics that you don't see anytime else. This is would be good at any point, but with the London Olympics coming up, it would be great. Each episode would sort of be an introduction to a sport, Two people, one sort of familiar, one not familiar and then a guest if possible. It would be an indepth, serious look at it, it would not be cutting down the sport. (Though if it was about that, it should be called How Does this Get Played?)

I have an idea that I think could be good. It's based on a character I'm developing with a blue collar Philadelphia accent. It's not like Philly Boy Roy though. My speech will be based on a combo of the way my aunts in Manayunk and Roxborough speak, blended with my neighbors in Fishtown.

this can only only be done by a well established comedian and or podcaster

get 2 or 3 great comedians and have them come up with an original podcast a week before hand. if they cant then they can just chat for an hour

you can even trap them into doing it, invite them to an established podcast tell them its going to be a special 2 hour show. Then tell them they have an hour to prepare there own podcast

I guess someone could do a podcast that was like a conversational news update show with 2 guys, but in A FICTIONAL WORLD!!! Like a Star Trek type thing, or a post-apocalypse future thing, or an alternate-history universe full of magic and wonder.

Or just a goofy alternate universe where like Ben Afleck gets elected president and iPods are the size of huge backpacks for some reason. I could laugh at a weekly topical news update from universe X where everyone is an idiot. Obviously they could take ACTUAL topical things and make them retarded for laughs.

This is quite similar to what I'm hoping to do for a podcast, basically do faux news stories loosely based on real ones, but either blown out of proportion or a complete parody. Just need to figure out how to make it consistently interesting, entertaining and get used to playing it like we're serious and not holding back laughs the whole time.

• Like 1

We did a fictional sports bit some time ago, it turns out that if you use the cadence and cliches of sports pundits people can't tell the difference between ten minutes of made up stuff and things that really happened. It threw people off I suppose. I'd say the trick to executing this kind of thing aside from improv skeeelz would be in taking the patterns and verbage of news reports and applying them to shit that couldn't have possibly happened.

Having a sweet, deep, and rich radio voice that drips on the ears like a wax-candle of honey would sell something like that. I hate to say it, but the best co-host on something like this would be Mumia Abu-Jamal. So chalk another one in the "L" column for podcasting. :(

I've been producing (and participating) in this podcast for four years and lately we've been doing something that I'm really proud of and I think is pretty unique. Our old producer (Producer Brian) was a copy machine technician, so we've been "hacking in" to his computer and reading the movie script he's been working on called "Paper Jam". It's about an ex navy seal turned copy tech who plays by his own rules. We learn about the secret underground culture of repairing copy machines and all the sex, violence and adventure that come with replacing tiny screws and refilling toner cartridges.

• Like 2

The Bitter Buddha Bites Back!

http://dreamtweet.li...ie-attacks-sean

Eddie Pepitone attacks Sean Conroy in a Twitter mele. Years of hostility finally erupt in a fight to the finish. Host Jonathan Corbett ("Dream Tweet") gives out three tweets and the contestants have to figure out who the celeb is that tweeted it. The third one is funny tweet made up by the host! Feathers fly as these two compete like champions. Does Sean kick some Asssssssssscat or will Eddie be the Last Comic Standing?

Subscribe on itunes or Stitcher. Leave us a nice comment. @seanconroy @eddiepepitone @corbettjc @dreamtweetpod @proudlyresents

• Like 1

Hey there

We're the Sunday Service from Vancouver Canada. An improv group that's been around for 5 years.

Anyway...we got a podcast. The Sunday Service Presents: A Beautiful Podcast

If you're needing some acquaintable credentials, we've all appeared on Maximum Fun's Stop Podcasting Yourself several times.

Our podcast is a comedy one, but it is quite different from the standard funny guys talking funny conversations.

Ours is more sketch based. Radio plays, songs, live clips, improv, media satire, yadda, yadda.

The closest thing to our shtick would be the Superego podcast.

A lot of what we do is improvised, edited and then sfx and music added after.

The major difference being that in addition to the wide variety of sketches, we add a component where we introduce each episode as ourselves, but within some elaborate contrived theme.

(whether we're on cruise ship, at a summer camp or even time travelling)

It seems to add a nice personal element before diving into the complete absurd.

And we often bring in a distinguished guest from the Canadian comedy community for each episode.

We release a 30-40 minute episode once a month and we're currently producing our second season. Everything is original, edited and produced by us. Even all the music is composed an performed by us. And it all sounds quite pro.

Our site: http://www.thesundayservice.ca/podcasts

Itunes: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-sunday-service-presents/id408730006?i=90224982

Twitter: @abeautifulpcast

Thanks and by all means Enjoy,

-The Sunday Service

My friend and I started a podcast, Flee The Scene, about causing trouble and getting in trouble. Each week we are joined by a guest from the world of comedy, arts, and entertainment to share true stories on a theme. We've done episodes on stealing and property damage so far, and have hundreds of stories about pranks, bar antics, explosives, etc. to tell . We also play games related to crime news stories, and if guest wins we donate to a charity of their choice.

FleeTheScene_Logo_brdr.pngTumblr | iTunes