🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 6 (Quasar Sniffer's Pick)

Nick-Frost-Is-Off-The-Chain-In-Hot-Fuzz-Reaction-Gif.gif

How does everyone feel about The World's End? I want to like it more than I do...

I loved the premise a lot more than the film. It felt dirty to me to dislike Simon Pegg the way that 'The World's End' makes you dislike him.

(I'm pretty sure the Hot Fuzz 'Romeo and Juliet' bit made it into my now-ubiquitous 'quoting Shakespeare' article...)

• Like 3

How does everyone feel about The World's End? I want to like it more than I do...

Two words: Boo. Urns.

• Like 4

You guys are the best! I felt so alone, but it seems I've finally found...a family?

• Like 1

nooooooo_elf.gif

(sorry)

That Douglas Brode book is widely discredited in the field now: it's really badly researched and written like a nine year old with fingerpaint.

I kinda... hate it.

(sorry)

He for realz refers to Shakespeare as 'Gentle Will' on most occasions. I have to hook you up with a better Shakespeare on film text, I think, Jam. ;)

lmao okay. Hey if that's the case, I can dump that book off at Half Price instead and clear off some shelf space. I'll be looking forward to your recommendation then!!

• Like 6

You guys are the best! I felt so alone, but it seems I've finally found...a family?

Stop hanging around with Lost World apologists.

I really liked Simon Pegg in Man Up.

• Like 5

lmao okay. Hey if that's the case, I can dump that book off at Half Price instead and clear off some shelf space. I'll be looking forward to your recommendation then!!

Sorry, I totally feel like I should do a patented Fister apology for being a grumpy bugger. Hopefully Scheer doesn't come on here to throw his support behind Brode.

I'm sure there are better ones I can recommend.

Speaking of recommendations, Cameron - my copy of 'Fool' arrived today!

• Like 4

Phew so glad no one else liked The World's End either. I was hedging my bets but, it appears, there was no need...

• Like 2

Sorry, I totally feel like I should do a patented Fister apology for being a grumpy bugger. Hopefully Scheer doesn't come on here to throw his support behind Brode.

I'm sure there are better ones I can recommend.

Nah man, no worries. I'd give the same reaction if someone was recommending a How to Draw Manga book by Katy Coope. Some things just set you on fire inside. I'm no expert on Shakespeare as I mentioned, so I'm happy to have someone steer me towards better material.

• Like 4

Speaking of recommendations, Cameron - my copy of 'Fool' arrived today!

7119b694f737e5e9acfdb37720f15928.jpg

Have you read any Christopher Moore before? All his books are pretty great, Lamb being the best. Although, I've been recommending Lamb for years, and then, like 6 months ago, my old, lame-ass Uncle emailed my entire family talking about it. Now I'm like, "Ooof, can I still like it or do I have to distance myself? Is this like when grandparents discovered Facebook?"

Phew so glad no one else liked The World's End either. I was hedging my bets but, it appears, there was no need...

Personally, I preferred Paul.

tumblr_mvvivvKAS41sh8tuno1_400.gif

• Like 2

7119b694f737e5e9acfdb37720f15928.jpg

Have you read any Christopher Moore before? All his books are pretty great, Lamb being the best. Although, I've been recommending Lamb for years, and then, like 6 months ago, my old, lame-ass Uncle emailed my entire family talking about it. Now I'm like, "Ooof, can I still like it or do I have to distance myself? Is this like when grandparents discovered Facebook?"

As a professor of literature and drama, I'm astonishingly ashamed to say that I had never even heard of him before you made the reco. I'll add it to the reading pile (although I counted last night - I currently have THIRTEEN books in my bedside table reading queue. It's getting out of hand.)

What are you all reading right now? I'm reading this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Off-Map-Invisible-Forgotten-Islands/1781312575 - it's SO good.

And then 12 other books, plus 'Fool'. Oy.

• Like 3

Nah man, no worries. I'd give the same reaction if someone was recommending a How to Draw Manga book by Katy Coope. Some things just set you on fire inside. I'm no expert on Shakespeare as I mentioned, so I'm happy to have someone steer me towards better material.

tumblr_mvnwki0c3d1qajc4eo1_r1_500.gif

• Like 3

What are you all reading right now? I'm reading this: https://www.amazon.c...ands/1781312575 - it's SO good.

And then 12 other books, plus 'Fool'. Oy.

I have a Japanese word for you, which I count myself under...

307njax.jpg

I have about four Japanese manga/novel series that I read as soon as I get them, and most other books get neglected on my shelves. Notably I have Nick Offerman's "Paddle Your Own Canoe" mostly read from LAST SUMMER, but I've been a lazy ass on the last couple chapters. I also got "SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome" for Christmas, but haven't really delved into it yet because I keep playing a dumbass mobile game before bed instead of reading. And so, so many more...

• Like 7

307njax.jpg

I have about four Japanese manga/novel series that I read as soon as I get them, and most other books get neglected on my shelves. Notably I have Nick Offerman's "Paddle Your Own Canoe" mostly read from LAST SUMMER, but I've been a lazy ass on the last couple chapters. I also got "SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome" for Christmas, but haven't really delved into it yet because I keep playing a dumbass mobile game before bed instead of reading. And so, so many more...

I literally have a closet full of "to be read" books. Although, to be fair, I do read them--just not as fast as I buy them.

• Like 4

307njax.jpg

Yup. Yup. Yup. That's me. Although I always read them. Just pile them up in the order I'll read 'em in, and then I return them to the very highly anally catalogued bookshelves, organised by genre and author, and catalogued in my phone.

636060942322593764-1068682586_tumblr_inline_nmytkf8roF1qhhciy_500.gif

• Like 7

Yup. Yup. Yup. That's me. Although I always read them. Just pile them up in the order I'll read 'em in, and then I return them to the very highly anally catalogued bookshelves, organised by genre and author, and catalogued in my phone.

If God didn't want us to be meticulously organized, he wouldn't have given us surnames and different types of similar things.

• Like 2

I found a copy of The Martian on the street so I'm reading that now.

• Like 7

8d356c6ce95eae31bc7978bdf486a747.jpg

Pictured: not a library.

• Like 6

This made me laugh so irrationally hard just now.

• Like 7

"What'll you read next, tom?"

"Depends what someone throws out their car window. Fingers crossed for some Sookie Stackhouse!"

• Like 7

8d356c6ce95eae31bc7978bdf486a747.jpg

Pictured: not a library.

Shut up, I'm reading here.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 7

"Depends what someone throws out their car window. Fingers crossed for some Sookie Stackhouse!"

Once I found Twilight, but I let that one go.

• Like 6

What if it's Shakespeare in the Movies? Does she throw it back?

• Like 6