🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 157.5 - Minisode 157.5

Liam Neeson vs. Leslie Nielsen, Ernie Reyes speaks and much more is covered on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Surf Ninjas, we hear Blake J. Harris interview Ernie Reyes Jr. and Nicolas Cowan about Surf Ninjas (hear the whole thing in HDTGM: Origin Stories on Howl and Stitcher Premium) and the Movie Bitches review Split. Plus, we find out which horror film we’ll be covering on next week’s episode!

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

Lol @ Paul introducing the Movie Bitches segment by saying they were doing a spoiler-free review of SPLICE.

• Like 7

Ernie Reyes Jr seems like a pretty cool dude.

HDTGM really needs to do The Last Dragon. Among other wonderful things, it has baby Reyes in it.

• Like 8

HDTGM really needs to do The Last Dragon. Among other wonderful things, it has baby Reyes in it.

I agree about him seeming like a cool dude, but I do not agree about The Last Dragon. That movie is flawless! They'd have nothing to talk about!

It is a perfect HDTGM movie that I'm kinda shocked they haven't done

Whos-The-Master-Shonuff-The-Last-Dragon.gif

• Like 7

Was kind of hoping they'd have the Lake House ep be next.. I have so many questions.

• Like 6

He really does. His imdb page is so interesting. He was in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!

• Like 6

I don't know if anybody here is a Screen Junkies fan, but they're the people that do Honest Trailers and they also do a show called Movie Fights which is a weekly movie debate show. Anyway, Paul was on the show today with Kumail Nanjiani and it'll be up on their Youtube page this weekend. Sorry if he announced this on twitter, I don't have it so I wouldn't know.

• Like 8

My Quote-n'-Reply-o-Rama post...

they put a killers arm on his body...and no one told him.

WELCOME reclifton!!! I've seen your posts on the CBB sub forum and loved everyone of them!!! It's safe to say I'm a Fan and if I where Big Chunky Bubbles I would hire you *snaps figers* like that! to handle all my graphic designs needs. ;)

I don't know if anybody here is a Screen Junkies fan, but they're the people that do Honest Trailers and they also do a show called Movie Fights which is a weekly movie debate show. Anyway, Paul was on the show today with Kumail Nanjiani and it'll be up on their Youtube page this weekend.

Thank you for the heads up Cam Bert! I'll re-watch Paul's Previous Screen Junkies collab form 2012 until they upload the Movie Fights video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVtNRpsLqJU

Was kind of hoping they'd have the Lake House ep be next.. I have so many questions.

I also can't wait... I have Sandy trivia and general confusion, mosly confusion.

He really does. His imdb page is so interesting. He was in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!

No spoilers but he appears on the cementery scene With Indy and Mutt

• Like 5

My Quote-n'-Reply-o-Rama post...

WELCOME reclifton!!! I've seen your posts on the CBB sub forum and loved everyone of them!!! It's safe to say I'm a Fan and if I where Big Chunky Bubbles I would hire you *snaps figers* like that! to handle all my graphic designs needs ;)

Thanks! I've been listening for a long time and always thought the podcasts are rich content that easily inspires some design ideas, but just decided to join the forums and start posting designs. I'll definitely keep them coming.

• Like 5

Not only did Paul call me out in the thread, he brought it back up in the forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM

I really think it's hilarious, though

Unrelated: when Paul mentioned "Mister" tomspanks' C&O about the batteries, he said it was like one of those movies where he discovers it was inside him all along. Then he said, "I don't know what movie that would be..."

It's literally this one. That's how they get the surf boards is the kid discovers he doesn't need the Game Gear because he had the power the whole time.

• Like 7

Not only did Paul call me out in the thread, he brought it back up in the forums.

Unrelated: when Paul mentioned "Mister" tomspanks' C&O about the batteries, he said it was like one of those movies where he discovers it was inside him all along. Then he said, "I don't know what movie that would be..."

It's literally this one. That's how they get the surf boards is the kid discovers he doesn't need the Game Gear because he had the power the whole time.

I think its not that he couldn't remember its more like a test to us... Like Mind Games like that thing that Conan does... He and Paul NEVER make mistakes, he wants to test us, thats all.

For instance in this mini-ep he was talking about a theory that firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr posted were Rob Schneider in Surf Ninjas was the son of One of the characters in Bio-Dome he betted that the dad was Pauly Shore and not Brendan Fraser... Except Brendan Fraser was in Encino Man in '92 NOT Bio-Dome in '96

But it wasn't a mistake by Paul he does it to keep us on our toes (I think... I don't know whats real anymore)

• Like 6

I think my fave Paul mess up from this episode is when that guy Mike called and Paul said his name 4 times and then all of a sudden called him "Ryan" lol

• Like 7

I think my fave Paul mess up from this episode is when that guy Mike called and Paul said his name 4 times and then all of a sudden called him "Ryan" lol

Ha! That was hilarious! I thought I was going crazy!

• Like 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM

I really think it's hilarious, though

it was my dumb thing about the batteries..lol

When he called you out, he said they were screengrabs from Body Parts... but weren't they both from Chopping Mall?

choppingmall6.jpg

• Like 7

When he called you out, he said they were screengrabs from Body Parts... but weren't they both from Chopping Mall?

choppingmall6.jpg

Are we just Correcting & Omitting Paul now?

Because I'm into that :)

• Like 10

Ha! That was hilarious! I thought I was going crazy!

I went back and re-listened when he said "Ryan" because I was like, "Didn't he say his name was Mike?" (a name that would stick in my mind for reasons)

And then I did the same thing by switching tomspanks and kateacola....

• Like 7

You're just thirsty for that like from Paul....

• Like 6

Paulrrections and Paulmissions ;)

• Like 7

Body Parts, y'all!!! This is another movie I was into as a kid. I can't wait.

• Like 2

Ummmm...Dr. Mario is fucking amazing.

And yes, all of the screengrabs were Chopping Mall.

• Like 4

Oh and I wanted to say re: the Amazon price of "Surf Ninjas" novelizations going up. It might not be that they have actually increased in value so much as Amazon has had more people searching for them (because of the podcast) and thus raised the prices. I know they often will charge you more for a product you had searched previously than something you never looked at before.

I am sure the prices will go down again.

• Like 4

Oh and I wanted to say re: the Amazon price of "Surf Ninjas" novelizations going up. It might not be that they have actually increased in value so much as Amazon has had more people searching for them (because of the podcast) and thus raised the prices. I know they often will charge you more for a product you had searched previously than something you never looked at before.

I am sure the prices will go down again.

That's possible. I'm not seeing any $50 prices for the book on ebay lol

I DID, however, discover there's an AUDIO BOOK version that someone has up for BIN. Performed by Ernie Reyes Jr. That's... someone's treasure.

• Like 6