🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 157.5 - Minisode 157.5

Another non-sequitur from me, but If you haven't seen "The Girl on the Train" yet, you really should, it's brilliant. And I may have a perma-crush on Haley Bennett.

Another non-sequitur from me, but If you haven't seen "The Girl on the Train" yet, you really should, it's brilliant. And I may have a perma-crush on Haley Bennett.

i saw that when it came out and i couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. i thought it was really dull, very predictable and way too long. it was just emily blunt crying for 2 hours. i kinda felt the same about gone girl though. they're well made and all but the predictablity of them is just really off putting for me....

.. they pretty much give it all away half way thru girl on the train

i don't know what people who read the books get out of them.

i saw that when it came out and i couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. i thought it was really dull, very predictable and way too long. it was just emily blunt crying for 2 hours. i kinda felt the same about gone girl though. they're well made and all but the predictablity of them is just really off putting for me....

.. they pretty much give it all away half way thru girl on the train

i don't know what people who read the books get out of them.

I think it was because I enjoyed it because I could predict it, where could say "This is what's gonna happen!" and when it does, I then say "See! I fucking told you! I am the smartest man in the history of everything!" I'm insufferable at times.

i saw that when it came out and i couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. i thought it was really dull, very predictable and way too long. it was just emily blunt crying for 2 hours.

It got pretty "meh" reviews. The only stuff I heard about it at time of release was that it was boring and kind of awful.

By chance, I happened to rent it yesterday because I was at a Redbox for another movie and was just like, "$2? Fuck it." But I haven't watched it yet.

After whatching "Body Parts" I think this was the movies title at some point...

tumblr_mv8o6iy3lY1qgi05ko1_400.gif

Guys, I've been watching season 2 of Love all weekend between movies that are not Body Parts, I can't wait to see who the guest is this week! (If they posted it on IG or Twitter or something, keep it to yourself, though; I like to be surprised).

My dream come true would be Claudia O'Doherty, because she is just amazing. But honestly, this show has so many amazingly funny people in it, I'm sure it will be awesome.

(Also, if you're not watching this show, go watch both seasons now. It's equal parts hilarious and sweet and neurotic.)

• Like 3

Wow! Amy Schumer's Netflix special has perhaps the worst reviews I've ever seen. Over 800 reviews, and most of them have one star.

Wow! Amy Schumer's Netflix special has perhaps the worst reviews I've ever seen. Over 800 reviews, and most of them have one star.

For some reason (like her daring to have political opinions) she is utterly reviled by right wing types, especially the "men's rights" anti-feminist guys on Reddit. The hate is totally crazy and disproportionate to anything she's actually done (which is nothing that I'm aware of).

Body Parts is pretty nuts, especially once you start thinking about it after it's over. So, Jeff Fahey is some kind of psychologist? They never make it clear; he doesn't have patients except for I guess that one killer, he teaches college level Evil 101, and yet also has a secretary he dictates to? Has anyone that wasn't Agent Cooper ever dictated via cassette to a secretary, let alone a college professor?

For some reason (like her daring to have political opinions) she is utterly reviled by right wing types, especially the "men's rights" anti-feminist guys on Reddit. The hate is totally crazy and disproportionate to anything she's actually done (which is nothing that I'm aware of)

She's also been caught stealing jokes, that shit goes a long way to it as well. Look at what happened with Carlos Mencia and Dane Cook, they got caught, did huge damage to their careers and public opinion.

She's also been caught stealing jokes, that shit goes a long way to it as well. Look at what happened with Carlos Mencia and Dane Cook, they got caught, did huge damage to their careers and public opinion.

That may be true, but I think female comedians receive an undue amount of criticism and bullshit simply because they are women. In Amy Schumer's case in particular, she has a dedicated crowd of anti-feminist trolls.

Here's some of the many recent Reddit threads calling for 1-star reviews (on the Donald Trump forum, natch).

Hdh0Txm.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, that shit's taking it too far. Don't like them, just leave it alone, simple as that. I only noticed the ratings because when I looked on Netflix, it was recommended to me as a nearly 5 star special. Then the next day, it was on half a star, so I looked because I've never seen such a drastic change.

Hell, I don't like Kumail Nanjiani, he was on HDTGM a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not gonna lose my mind over it. But, I'm more of the belief of "Don't like, don't watch", it just seems counter-productive to leave bad reviews for the sake of it. Better to promote the shit you do like.

• Like 3

Is someone from the show in that?

No. it's also playing at SXSW, so there's a tenuous link there.

But, I'm so happy The Disaster Artist is good, because I was gonna watch it regardless because I became obsessed with The Room, including a time it caused me to break up with my girlfriend at the time, because I put it on as a joke. So, I got the same excitement about hearing an adaptation that I did last night when I found out about the Sleeping Dogs movie.

did ye see this?

258b7s4.jpg

i think between us and all the photoshop efforts we've posted over the years we could fill the show ... it would be a crappy show but that would make it even funnier. a load of art fans wandering around their gallery wondering "what the f**k is this???"

• Like 6

"Get Out" is coming out over here on friday but they had a "secret screening" tonight at my local multiplex. it's a new thing where you buy a ticket for a soon to be released movie but they don't tell you what it is, they just tell you the genre and you find out what it is when they start playing it. I said i'd go cause i guessed it was Get Out and i wanted to see it ...

anyway .. we were about 10 mins from the end when suddenly the movie paused and the lights came up .. then cinema staff started coming in and talking to someone in the 3rd row. it's never happened to me at a movie before and it felt like a very strange moment but as time went on it became clear that someone was having a medical problem (talking to the staff on the way out i think he's ok)

now i'm not trying to belittle the poor guys problems or gossip but up until we (me and my sister) figured out what was going on we hadn't a clue and what made it a really strange experience was that, as it was happening, random people started getting up and leaving. first it was one person on my left. then front right. then far left .. and so on ... not saying anything, not looking at anyone, just started walking out. in the end about 20 people left ... now we kinda knew it was a medical thing but because of the weird vibe in the movie and the whole "secret screening" thing i started wondering if a trick was being played on us ... like as if one of those marketing things was happening ... looking back now i wish it was cause the guy looked like he had an epileptic fit or something and i think people left because they could see what was happening (i couldn't see from my vantage point) and they were upset by it or they just took the opportunity to take a leak (cause some of them came back)

the end of the movie didn't matter after that and when everyone was leaving it was just silence ..

has anyone else had a weird experience like that? my sister is easily spooked so she was freaked by way the people were just leaving ...

if you've seen get out you'll know it has a weird vibe to it, a kinda twilight zone weirdness .. actually i wont say anymore than that in case you haven't seen it.

a strange night .. hope he's ok

Get Out was amazing, I can't recommend it enough.

Paul posted about The Disaster Artist on Instagram today -- I'd forgotten about it. I'm very excited to see it; the book was quite enjoyable and I'm looking to see how some of the material translates (particularly the last chapter, which basically lays bare Tommy Wisseau's entire persona).

• Like 1

"Get Out" is coming out over here on friday but they had a "secret screening" tonight at my local multiplex. it's a new thing where you buy a ticket for a soon to be released movie but they don't tell you what it is, they just tell you the genre and you find out what it is when they start playing it. I said i'd go cause i guessed it was Get Out and i wanted to see it ...

anyway .. we were about 10 mins from the end when suddenly the movie paused and the lights came up .. then cinema staff started coming in and talking to someone in the 3rd row. it's never happened to me at a movie before and it felt like a very strange moment but as time went on it became clear that someone was having a medical problem (talking to the staff on the way out i think he's ok)

now i'm not trying to belittle the poor guys problems or gossip but up until we (me and my sister) figured out what was going on we hadn't a clue and what made it a really strange experience was that, as it was happening, random people started getting up and leaving. first it was one person on my left. then front right. then far left .. and so on ... not saying anything, not looking at anyone, just started walking out. in the end about 20 people left ... now we kinda knew it was a medical thing but because of the weird vibe in the movie and the whole "secret screening" thing i started wondering if a trick was being played on us ... like as if one of those marketing things was happening ... looking back now i wish it was cause the guy looked like he had an epileptic fit or something and i think people left because they could see what was happening (i couldn't see from my vantage point) and they were upset by it or they just took the opportunity to take a leak (cause some of them came back)

the end of the movie didn't matter after that and when everyone was leaving it was just silence ..

has anyone else had a weird experience like that? my sister is easily spooked so she was freaked by way the people were just leaving ...

if you've seen get out you'll know it has a weird vibe to it, a kinda twilight zone weirdness .. actually i wont say anymore than that in case you haven't seen it.

a strange night .. hope he's ok

So, you went to an Odeon Screen Unseen? I keep on meaning to go to them, but never got round to it.

The only "weird" thing that happened with me is some stupid girl taking selfies half way through the movie. Who the fuck does that?!

Yes! The people I know that actually do SX (aka-not this crowd-hating dude) and saw it said it is fucking great. Can't wait to see it!

• Like 1

So, you went to an Odeon Screen Unseen? I keep on meaning to go to them, but never got round to it.

no odeons down here but yeah same thing. i like it. 10 quid for the ticket, drink and popcorn and it's an early release ... looking forward to the next one

did ye see this?

258b7s4.jpg

i think between us and all the photoshop efforts we've posted over the years we could fill the show ... it would be a crappy show but that would make it even funnier. a load of art fans wandering around their gallery wondering "what the f**k is this???"

omg if it was just full of the original movie posters but with their faces photoshopped in lol I'd love it

I was tempted to apply, but I realized my art portfolio is severely lacking, so I wouldn't know what to send in as a sample.

• Like 4