🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 157.5 - Minisode 157.5

Started watching Body Parts and so far my biggest question is why wasn't Jeff Fahey put under before having to witness a body being decapitated right fucking next to him?! Even though they were starting to put him under they basically had him facing an utter horror show that would send him into hysterics and make him probably the least manageable body to perform surgery on. Also am I the only one that found it ironic that the actor who played the killer that Fahey got his arm from is named John Walsh?

• Like 2

That may be true, but I think female comedians receive an undue amount of criticism and bullshit simply because they are women. In Amy Schumer's case in particular, she has a dedicated crowd of anti-feminist trolls.

While she has the online trolls, because they will never go away no matter who it is, her controversy blew over pretty quickly in comparison to a few noted thieves. Mencia's career is non-existent after the constant haranguing from comedians like Joe Rogan and Ari Shaffir, especially in one video where they confront him on-stage. Dane Cook is nowhere near the popularity he was at his peak after getting called out by guys like Louis C.K. and others, and Dennis Leary's standup career is basically dead after being hounded even to this day by multiple people about basically taking his entire act from Bill Hicks. In Amy's case I was actually surprised at how quickly it went away from the public eye especially considering that it all started up around the time Trainwreck had come out and was hosting SNL soon after, so her public visibility was at an all time high.

So finally the Masterpiece is going to see the light of day? Thank god.

• Like 1

So...is anyone else having trouble mustering up the desire to watch Body Parts? I'm especially having a hard time now that I know that it's the inspiration for that "hair transplant" segment in that Treehouse of Horror episode. I kind of feel like I've already seen it...

• Like 5

So...is anyone else having trouble mustering up the desire to watch Body Parts? I'm especially having a hard time now that I know that it's the inspiration for that "hair transplant" segment in that Treehouse of Horror episode. I kind of feel like I've already seen it...

It's not too bad for a B-Level early 90s horror movie, definitely worthy of this show.

• Like 5

It's not too bad for a B-Level early 90s horror movie, definitely worthy of this show.

I'm sure it's terrible and good for the show. I dont know...I'm just not psyched for it. I think I'd be more into it if I went into it cold. These movies have so little going for them already that if I feel like if I go into them already knowing basically what's going to happen, I'm just going to be bored.

It's the opposite of when The Simpsons reference a classic movie that you haven't seen yet. Once you've see the movie they're making fun of, it makes the joke richer. Right now, I feel like the movie isn't going to offer me anything more than what they've already said, just dragged out for 90 dumb minutes.

• Like 4

I'm sure it's terrible and good for the show. I dont know...I'm just not psyched for it. I think I'd be more into it if I went into it cold. These movies have so little going for them already that if I feel like if I go into them already knowing basically what's going to happen, I'm just going to be bored.

It's the opposite of when The Simpsons reference a classic movie that you haven't seen yet. Once you've see the movie they're making fun of, it makes the joke richer. Right now, I feel like the movie isn't going to offer me anything more than what they've already said, just dragged out for 90 dumb minutes.

To be fair the Simpsons episode changed a bit from what is in this movie, so there should be a somewhat surprise for you, as Snake's hair was killing people in the Simpson's segment, but there's a bit more to it with this movie. I will warn you that the inciting car crash in this movie is terrifyingly realistic since it was still the time of practical effects. Watching it I have to believe that they were lucky that the stuntman survived and kept that take in the film, which is apparently how all stuntmen want it. I think the makers of Final Destination 2 saw this movie and said to themselves, "we can top that with our freeway pileup massacre."

• Like 6

I thought it was worth watching. It's nuts. Obviously now that the hair is out of the bag you kinda lose the "ah-ha" moment but that happens early on anyway. It's more about the fun after that ...

But if you want to skip I'd suggest just watching the trailer cause I just did and everything you need to see is pretty much in that, just in a truncated form... and there was me giving out about modern trailers ... there needs to be a spoiler alert before it.

But maybe we could refrain from discussing the movies in the minis or use the spoiler tag .. I know these are old movies but most of them are new to me and I'd much prefer to go into them knowing as little as possible. We have fun in here during the minis weeks. It would be a shame if people started skipping them for fear of spoilers.

• Like 3

I know what you mean... I still haven't watched "Highlander II" I want to delete it so bad, but I have not after all this time for some strange reason...

I've seen Body Parts... Twice!!! And have my notes at the ready... Ryan Sz touched on one of them like 6 posts back! Friday can't come soon enough!

Also, a couple of days ago I changed my profile picture to a screen grab from the bar scene in Body Parts.

My improvised advice is, that If you have not found the time and desire to watch Body Parts by friday, just play episode 158 of HDTGM, skip to the end where Paul usually asks co-hosts an guests if the movie is worth a watch and make the decision to stop ang go watch the movie or just listen to de episode without watching Body Parts

• Like 3

I know what you mean... I still haven't watched "Highlander II" I want to delete it so bad, but I have not after all this time for some strange reason...

I've seen Body Parts... Twice!!! And have my notes at the ready... Ryan Sz touched on one of them like 6 posts back! Friday can't come soon enough!

Also, a couple of days ago I changed my profile picture to a screen grab from the bar scene in Body Parts.

My improvised advice is, that If you have not found the time and desire to watch Body Parts by friday, just play episode 158 of HDTGM, skip to the end where Paul usually asks co-hosts an guests if the movie is worth a watch and make the decision to stop ang go watch the movie or just listen to de episode without watching Body Parts

Oh, I've paid cash money to rent it already. I'm watching it. :)

I don't know. I'm not saying anything about its quality or worthiness, just that I'm usually more excited about a movie. I'd rather it be The Lake House or Chopping Mall, tbh.

I'm just un excited, that's all. (For the movie, that is. I'm looking forward to the episode.)

• Like 5

I'm just un excited, that's all. (For the movie, that is. I'm looking forward to the episode.)

It even happens when I'm excited for a movie... Fast Five and Furious 6 didn't premiere down here before those classic Adam Scott episodes, but then I got to see part 7 like 4 times because they did a Live Show for the home release.

You watch some, you skip some...

• Like 5

Sorry about making the Treehouse of Horror connection prematurely. I thought that was a fairly obvious connection from the description of the film - man gets arm transplant from serial killer, arm controls man - but if this was a spoiler, then my apologies.

I didn't hate the movie, and I think it's worth a watch. I did watch it at 1.5 speed which made it a little more tolerable, but there was enough in there to maintain interest. And as Paul said in the mini - it is MERCIFULLY short.

• Like 4

Sorry about making the Treehouse of Horror connection prematurely. I thought that was a fairly obvious connection from the description of the film - man gets arm transplant from serial killer, arm controls man - but if this was a spoiler, then my apologies.

I didn't hate the movie, and I think it's worth a watch. I did watch it at 1.5 speed which made it a little more tolerable, but there was enough in there to maintain interest. And as Paul said in the mini - it is MERCIFULLY short.

I wouldn't consider that a spoiler so much as a confirmation of my suspicion :)

• Like 5

Idk if anyone listens to Bizarre States with Jessica Chobot & Andrew Bowser but it reminded of that story of the guy getting the penis transplant and then they started coming up with a horror comedy movie called "Serial Killer Dick"

Basically I think this concept has come up multiple times anytime someone goes through a transplant.

• Like 6

I'd rather it be The Lake House or Chopping Mall, tbh.

Seems like you've been in a slump lately with non-musical movie watching.

Body Parts starts a little slow and weird but once the third act happens, it's like the brakes have gone out. Speaking of which...

I will warn you that the inciting car crash in this movie is terrifyingly realistic since it was still the time of practical effects. Watching it I have to believe that they were lucky that the stuntman survived and kept that take in the film, which is apparently how all stuntmen want it.

The car crash in this movie was fucking nuts! I definitely believed that a dude lost at least an arm in that. I mean it's a shame that these kinds of stunts aren't commonplace anymore, but also jeez thank god for CGI.

For what it's worth, I liked Body Parts. It makes no sense in a fun way, once it's over. Brad Dourif is always a joy, Kim Delaney is gorgeous, and Jeff Fahey decks the hell out of a kid. This is a video I always used to see in the rental store when I was younger -- I remember the Saul Bass-esque cover -- so it was neat to finally see it.

• Like 4

Oh, I've paid cash money to rent it already. I'm watching it. :)

I don't know. I'm not saying anything about its quality or worthiness, just that I'm usually more excited about a movie. I'd rather it be The Lake House or Chopping Mall, tbh.

I feel you.. I think I'm a little more excited for The Lake House and Chopping Mall eps than this one. Not only to hear what they say about it on the podcast but also what y'all have to say about them...

Not to say that I won't 100% enjoy the podcast about this one (BP), because I always do.. even if I'm not so enthused about the movie they're covering. But-- I do find most of the time the movies I'm not as excited about are some of the best eps (like Airborne being most recent example, that was a rough watch for me but I loved the podcast ep). So who knows.. that could be the case for this too.

PS-- I still think Body Parts is worth a watch though

• Like 5

Seems like you've been in a slump lately with non-musical movie watching.

It does feel like it, doesn't it? I don't know. I'm sure it's great. I just don't have the motivation, that's all. I rented it two days ago and I've done nothing with it. It's like I'm suffering from a sense of crappy movie ennui.

All I know is that right now, Jeff Fahey's dumb face is staring at me in my iTunes queue. Mocking me.

• Like 6

It does feel like it, doesn't it? I don't know. I'm sure it's great. I just don't have the motivation, that's all. I rented it two days ago and I've done nothing with it. It's like I'm suffering from a sense of crappy movie ennui.

All I know is that right now, Jeff Fahey's dumb face is staring at me in my iTunes queue. Mocking me.

I'm mostly dreading the lazy 'same universe' theories that suggest something along the lines of Jobe from 'Lawnmower Man' repairing his serial killer arm in Virtual Reality.

Treat it like a band-aid, Cam: rip it off fast.

• Like 7

Would you rather have a picture of my dumb face mocking you?

• Like 4

I'm mostly dreading the lazy 'same universe' theories that suggest something along the lines of Jobe from 'Lawnmower Man' repairing his serial killer arm in Virtual Reality.

Treat it like a band-aid, Cam: rip it off fast.

It might be a Jacob's Ladder scen--?

Ugh! I'm boring myself!

• Like 6

Would you rather have a picture of my dumb face mocking you?

Speaking of your face, I've been meaning to tell you, you look nothing like the you I had cast in my brain. You still look like an imposter to me.

• Like 5

It might be a Jacob's Ladder scen--?

Ugh! I'm boring myself!

After you watch that car crash you'll wonder how the hell his arm came off but his hair's still perfect and not a damn scratch anywhere else.

I guarantee you Jacob's Ladder is mentioned at least one time.

• Like 6

Speaking of your face, I've been meaning to tell you, you look nothing like the you I had cast in my brain. You still look like an imposter to me.

image.jpg

• Like 4

I guarantee you Jacob's Ladder is mentioned at least one time.

giphy.gif

Also, this movie is starting to sound like the Def Leppard story...

• Like 5