🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
truthskull

Top 5 CBB/CDR Moments

Here are mine
Honorable mention; Michael Cera saying "Love that tune." in ep. 31. It gets me every time.
5. Sarah, Harris, Ben and Scott start Japan Dogs; Ep. 52
4. Jesse Ventura singing Kiss From a Rose; Live in Chicago
3. Alan Rickman turning Adam Scott into a worthy uhhh...; Ep. 98
2. Anything Paul F. Tompkins does, hes a genius. I will say episode 33, though, so I don't have to choose a character.
and drumroll
1. Harris Wittels "This is an analogy?" to Brett Gelmans Fan Truck; Ep. 111 (This is the one that not only made me spit take, but subsequently made me drop my ipod into my test stand, destroying it. Good stuff)

Here are mine
Honorable mention; Michael Cera saying "Love that tune." in ep. 31. It gets me every time.
5. Sarah, Harris, Ben and Scott start Japan Dogs; Ep. 52
4. Jesse Ventura singing Kiss From a Rose; Live in Chicago
3. Alan Rickman turning Adam Scott into a worthy uhhh...; Ep. 98
2. Anything Paul F. Tompkins does, hes a genius. I will say episode 33, though, so I don't have to choose a character.
and drumroll
1. Harris Wittels "This is an analogy?" to Brett Gelmans Fan Truck; Ep. 111 (This is the one that not only made me spit take, but subsequently made me drop my ipod into my test stand, destroying it. Good stuff)

Great Thread Idea! I'm not going to put these in stone but here are some highlights for me.
1. Paul Giamatti's appearance with Reggie Watts. I may have never laughed so hard. And he explodes.
2. ICE-T and Jesse Ventura's together explaining their friendship.
3. Andy Daly's Limericks and the sixth sense spoliers.
4. Brett Gelman's Ibrain, getting banned and the subsequent injustice for all.
5. John Hamm and El Chupacabra.

Great Thread Idea! I'm not going to put these in stone but here are some highlights for me.
1. Paul Giamatti's appearance with Reggie Watts. I may have never laughed so hard. And he explodes.
2. ICE-T and Jesse Ventura's together explaining their friendship.
3. Andy Daly's Limericks and the sixth sense spoliers.
4. Brett Gelman's Ibrain, getting banned and the subsequent injustice for all.
5. John Hamm and El Chupacabra.

1. Huell's first freak-out
2. iBrain
3. "A Ship Called Hope"
4. The end of the Nick Kroll/Paul Scheer episode, with all the different characters showing up for plugs. "Yo soy un goat!"
5. Bill Cosby-Bukowski's Jelloetry

1. Huell's first freak-out
2. iBrain
3. "A Ship Called Hope"
4. The end of the Nick Kroll/Paul Scheer episode, with all the different characters showing up for plugs. "Yo soy un goat!"
5. Bill Cosby-Bukowski's Jelloetry

Hmm. This is tough, but I'll try to remember mine.

1. iBrain
2. Hot Dog and Ben Schwartz singing contest (or any part of that episode)
3. Nick Kroll/Paul Scheer fireman calling in and hanging up (or any part of that episode)
4. Life of the Party (got me hooked on the show)
5. The first Foam Corner?

I know I'm missing a ton. Something PFT did should be in there. I almost threw up laughing at something in the 2nd anniversary show, but I can't remember it now. Everything you guys have listed above is hilarious to me.

Hmm. This is tough, but I'll try to remember mine.

1. iBrain
2. Hot Dog and Ben Schwartz singing contest (or any part of that episode)
3. Nick Kroll/Paul Scheer fireman calling in and hanging up (or any part of that episode)
4. Life of the Party (got me hooked on the show)
5. The first Foam Corner?

I know I'm missing a ton. Something PFT did should be in there. I almost threw up laughing at something in the 2nd anniversary show, but I can't remember it now. Everything you guys have listed above is hilarious to me.

This is tough. I'm not sure I can really do an objective top 5 moments list (episodes might be a little easier). Here's what I can come up with off the top of my head.

5. Jack and Brian from Carl's Lumber (instant classic)
4. Vinny From Poor Washington (though that entire episode is top-notch)
3. Cake Boss using the word "scarab"
2. Bob Ducca's List of Ailments (this may be the one that made me laugh hardest, just because of its sheer length)
1. Ice T's anger-laughter

Honorable Mentions: Any edition of Foam Corner, Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber's many appearances, Marissa Wompler meeting Donald Glover

This is tough. I'm not sure I can really do an objective top 5 moments list (episodes might be a little easier). Here's what I can come up with off the top of my head.

5. Jack and Brian from Carl's Lumber (instant classic)
4. Vinny From Poor Washington (though that entire episode is top-notch)
3. Cake Boss using the word "scarab"
2. Bob Ducca's List of Ailments (this may be the one that made me laugh hardest, just because of its sheer length)
1. Ice T's anger-laughter

Honorable Mentions: Any edition of Foam Corner, Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber's many appearances, Marissa Wompler meeting Donald Glover

Just off the top of my head. Also this is way too hard.

5. Charlyne Yi, Voice Extrordianare
4. Bill Cosby Bukowski and Betty White's interactions
3. All of Bob Duca's lists (ailments being my favourite)
2. iBrain
1. Anything Paul F. did, ever... (but Cake Boss make me laugh the most)

Just off the top of my head. Also this is way too hard.

5. Charlyne Yi, Voice Extrordianare
4. Bill Cosby Bukowski and Betty White's interactions
3. All of Bob Duca's lists (ailments being my favourite)
2. iBrain
1. Anything Paul F. did, ever... (but Cake Boss make me laugh the most)

1) iBrain
2) Bob Ducca's list of ailments
3) Jack S'Junior and Bryan Pieces
4) Bill Cosby-Bukowski's Jelloems
5) Don Demillo's second appearance with Patton Oswalt and the delving into his psyche

Sorry, PFT.

1) iBrain
2) Bob Ducca's list of ailments
3) Jack S'Junior and Bryan Pieces
4) Bill Cosby-Bukowski's Jelloems
5) Don Demillo's second appearance with Patton Oswalt and the delving into his psyche

Sorry, PFT.

1. A) Patrick McMahon/Jason Mantzoukas limerick-off
B) August Lindt, PFT, and Todd Glass all kill themselves and go to hell.
C) Extra-dimensional role-playing with Don Demillo.
2. iBrain
3. Bob Ducca's list of ailments
4. Garry Marshall, Tom Scharpling, and Weird Al play "Who Said It?"
5. Scott's interview with Bjork

1. A) Patrick McMahon/Jason Mantzoukas limerick-off
B) August Lindt, PFT, and Todd Glass all kill themselves and go to hell.
C) Extra-dimensional role-playing with Don Demillo.
2. iBrain
3. Bob Ducca's list of ailments
4. Garry Marshall, Tom Scharpling, and Weird Al play "Who Said It?"
5. Scott's interview with Bjork

This is hard, I think if I tried to come up with a top 5 I would end up with a top 50, so I'll just throw in the two things that have had me uncontrollably crying laughing -- that also happen to be on youtube.
Brett Gelman - iBrain:

The true story of Monster Mash:

This is hard, I think if I tried to come up with a top 5 I would end up with a top 50, so I'll just throw in the two things that have had me uncontrollably crying laughing -- that also happen to be on youtube.
Brett Gelman - iBrain:

The true story of Monster Mash:

1. Huell Howser morphing into a racist pteradactyl during the show with Harris Whittels and Michael Cera
2. Ghost boy v.s. Bueford and Messmore during the Halloween episode of 2010
3. Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's appearance during Zach Galifianakis episode of 2010
4. Bob Ducca list of ailments
5. Bobby Bottle Service calling in to talk about his thanksgiving plans during Michael Cera show.

1. Huell Howser morphing into a racist pteradactyl during the show with Harris Whittels and Michael Cera
2. Ghost boy v.s. Bueford and Messmore during the Halloween episode of 2010
3. Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's appearance during Zach Galifianakis episode of 2010
4. Bob Ducca list of ailments
5. Bobby Bottle Service calling in to talk about his thanksgiving plans during Michael Cera show.

Just a random 5 off the top of my head:

- Marissa Wompler reading "The Outlander" "Have anybody in this room read it?"
- The Halloween Freestyle
- The courtroom scene and boardroom meeting from episode 24
- Charlyne Yi: "Does your friend have a problem?" Scott: "First of all, let me be very clear: he's not my friend." Charlyne: "Then why are you holding hands?"
- "Larry, hey Larry, I'm tapping you on the shoulder. I think Bernie's dead. La la la. Something something and then it goes on from there."

Just a random 5 off the top of my head:

- Marissa Wompler reading "The Outlander" "Have anybody in this room read it?"
- The Halloween Freestyle
- The courtroom scene and boardroom meeting from episode 24
- Charlyne Yi: "Does your friend have a problem?" Scott: "First of all, let me be very clear: he's not my friend." Charlyne: "Then why are you holding hands?"
- "Larry, hey Larry, I'm tapping you on the shoulder. I think Bernie's dead. La la la. Something something and then it goes on from there."

I can't squeeze my favorites into a Top 5, nor do I think I could rank them appropriately, but here are at least 5 highlights for me....

- Matt Besser as Mark Zuckerberg. I often find myself doing this voice to the annoyance of my friends and family.

- Cake Boss -- every single appearance. Scott: "No pun intended." CB: "No pun taken!" Also love the way he speaks in his trance in that whimpery voice, and how he says the name McLean Stevenson...

- Every single Brett Gelman appearance. Most people prefer iBrain and I love it too, but I loved his follow-up teleplay Injustice For All and thought it was far more ridiculous / insane / genius. Majorly unsung performance was his Billy Crystal doing outtakes from his broadway show 700 Sundays. I wonder if it was planned for everything to unravel during Billy's impression of Miles Davis. "Miles Davis' lips...don't touch the pink...if the pink...stink...."

- Both Adomian-as-Paul-Giamatti appearances. Paul had clearly become more deranged by his 2nd appearance with Reggie Watts. Unimaginably good.

- Jon Daly's Bill Cosby-Bukowski. "This is your last Malcolm Jamal....warning!"

- Matt Besser as Bennett Stevens, the pretentious British podcaster and host of Humor Laser Beam, The Dead Parrot Comedy Hour, and Having A Go At It.

- Tim Heidecker. There's an evil genius to this whole episode and I know there was tons of controversy about it. But I think it's brilliant. The ending segment with Elton John and Bernie Taupin (Neil Hamburger) felt like a hidden-track / bonus-cut.

- Matt Besser as Bjork. Threatening Taylor Swift: "I will gut her and I will have an ice elf shit icicles into her arm sockets!"

There are so many others....every single Andy Daly character, every PFTompkins character, the Birthday Boys were great on the Paul Feig episode....

Sign in to follow this