ย 

I figured I'd jump in on this.

ย 

movie-night.jpg

ย 

ย 

I love it.

ย 

I've spent some time on the PajamaGram website and I was going to suggest we all send a family PajamaGram to Jason, June and Paul but they are very over priced. Although I think Jason would enjoy the Hoodie-Footie ones.

• Like 5

ย 

ย 

I love it.

ย 

I've spent some time on the PajamaGram website and I was going to suggest we all send a family PajamaGram to Jason, June and Paul but they are very over priced. Although I think Jason would enjoy the Hoodie-Footie ones.

ย 

I could make something like this...I feel like this would be appropriate to wear right before going to bed

ย 

jacobs-ladder-e1489784172159.jpg

• Like 11

Claudia Oโ€™Doherty continues her reign as Best Ever with a casual mention of "Untamed Heart", a 90s tween classic!

I also loved the "that's how my parents met!" quip. Good guests this week. (Sorry for posting too much.)

• Like 9

Claudia O'Doherty is the absolute best, and she can do nothing wrong ever.

ย 

That said, it was really funny to me that she said "Crushank" isn't a real name. Mostly because she's on a show where one of the two main characters has the last name "Cruikshank."

• Like 6

I saw this movie the instant it came out on VHS. I rented it and I also watched it with my mom. She thought it was stupid because a reattached limb wouldn't carry the memories of its previous owner. She was a nurse and declared that to me. I just thought it was awesome.

• Like 3

Claudia O'Doherty is the absolute best, and she can do nothing wrong ever.

ย 

That said, it was really funny to me that she said "Crushank" isn't a real name. Mostly because she's on a show where one of the two main characters has the last name "Cruikshank."

That just made me think of Crookshanks the cat from Harry Potter the whole time lol

• Like 6

I saw this movie the instant it came out on VHS. I rented it and I also watched it with my mom. She thought it was stupid because a reattached limb wouldn't carry the memories of its previous owner. She was a nurse and declared that to me. I just thought it was awesome.

This is truly a movie to watch with your mom. Thank your mom for the answers.

• Like 8

I could listen to Claudia O'Doherty read the phone book*, she is an absolute joy.

ย 

(*this reference doesn't make sense in 2017, does it?)

ย 

Had to finish this:

ย 

ooieD3Ol.jpg

• Like 10

There is a shot in the movie where the car that was in the wreck was back in their driveway when Fahey is home from the hospital. I was ready to declare that Fahey's mechanic, not Dr. Webb, should be getting the Nobel Prize. Alas that was just a continuity error and later he was driving a Volvo around for all his hijinks.

Correction:

ย 

Regarding the confusion over if the killer got out of prison to commit more crimes because of the space between the dates of his killings/arson/etc, those dates aren't necessarily dates of convictions, but rather the dates when the times took place and he was eventually charged for. Someone like Jeffrey Dahmer who had murders spread out over thirteen years, according to his rap sheet they will list the charges for the dates that the crime was committed. Now a space like the movie killer had could mean that he got arrested for something which would have prevented hm from committing crimes.

ย 

That's not to say he wasn't charged for crimes within prison, which can happen, either adding time to an inmates total sentence or affecting their chance at parole. For example, an inmate at my job made a threat against my life which led to him being charged, and though he got paroled a few months later and released from my prison, the charge meant that he was not completely paroled but actually held in custody in his parole county to serve out the time of the sentence for the charge of threatening me.

ย 

As for the surgery and how the killer's body was handled, there is no way the Justice Dept. would allow for a still living inmate to have his head removed while he was still alive. I first thought maybe he'd been given a lethal injection prior to the operation, but the heart monitor shows him as still alive and there would be no reason for a posse of armed guards surrounding him if he were already dead.

• Like 5

As for the surgery and how the killer's body was handled, there is no way the Justice Dept. would allow for a still living inmate to have his head removed while he was still alive. I first thought maybe he'd been given a lethal injection prior to the operation, but the heart monitor shows him as still alive and there would be no reason for a posse of armed guards surrounding him if he were already dead.

That was my favorite part of the movie. They had a special computer just to show if his head was attached or not -- clearly the buzzsaw going through his neck wasn't a good enough indicator.

ย 

RSIOiUr.gif

• Like 6

there's a couple of deleted scenes on youtube from the unrated version. clip #2 is abit gruesome but does show the arm moving as it was moved between patients. which is nuts. i wont post that but i have to post clip #1 .. this is hilarious.

ย 

it's right after the crash ...

ย 

ย 

btw .. DO NOT search for "body parts crash scene" on youtube ... seriously

• Like 8

I didn't watch the movie before listening to this episode but it did remind me of a Tree House of Horrors episode of the Simpsons.

ย 

When Snake is executed, Homer gets Snake's hair transplanted onto his head. The hair takes control of Homer making him talk and act like Snake then sending him on a killing spree, drowning Apu in the Squishee machine and pulling out Moe's heart with a corkscrew.

ย 

The segment is called 'Hell Toupee'. Wiki says it hints at the movie 'Shocker' so maybe you guys can watch that one too and let me know which is closer.

ย 

1-_hell_toupee.png?w=491&h=368

• Like 1

there's a couple of deleted scenes on youtube from the unrated version. clip #2 is abit gruesome but does show the arm moving as it was moved between patients. which is nuts. i wont post that but i have to post clip #1 .. this is hilarious.

ย 

it's right after the crash ...

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fM1zDRJf00

ย 

Did you (or anyone else) catch the YouTube account that uploaded the 2 videos of the deleted scenes? :D

• Like 1

I could listen to Claudia O'Doherty read the phone book, she is an absolute joy.

ย 

And I could listen to Claudia O'Doherty read the SAC*

ย 

ALL OF IT!

ย 

ย 

*(http://www.earwolf.c...t-hack-the-sac/ http://comedybangban...7t_Hack_the_SAC)

• Like 1

I only wanted to say that I call my dad Pops a lot of the time. I refer to him as dad to other people, but Pops to his face.

Just so you know there's one person.

I used to call someone "Pops" that wasn't even my dad.

ย 

At the job I had in college, I worked with a dude named Alex. His dad started working as a security guard at night for us. And his dad's name was Alex Sr. He also had two step-brothers (his parents had divorced, and his dad remarried in his late 30s), and they both worked with us. All three brothers always called the elder Alex "Pops," so we just took to doing it because it was easier than specifying "Alex Jr" and "Alex Sr" all the time.

Never really had an issue with Pop or Pops, but no one should ever use the words Daddy or Mommy as a descriptor for their parents past the age of 5.

Success!! After some searching, digging, and many new disturbing additions to my google search history, I have finally found the French necrophiliac movie Gillian was referring to; it's called "Don't Let Me Die on a Sunday."

ย 

510XBJRZECL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 6

Now I only need an english subtitle file or to start learning french... LOL

ย 

Did you (or anyone else) catch the YouTube account that uploaded the 2 videos of the deleted scenes? :D

thats a good spot ... i didn't take any notice of it. i looked him up after watching this and he's the writer of the hitcher and near dark. i think i mentioned this in a mini a long while back but there's an extra on the hitcher dvd i have called "the hitcher: how do these movies get made?" ... well worth a watch. i think its on vimeo or youtube

• Like 2

Success!! After some searching, digging, and many new disturbing additions to my google search history, I have finally found the French necrophiliac movie Gillian was referring to; it's called "Don't Let Me Die on a Sunday."

ย 

Good find, but this was referred to only a few posts in on the first page of the thread.

ย 

There has been a lot of posting without reading the prior threads, which lead to a lot of double posts. The Simpsons posts, and the posts with C+Os outlining things that are actually mentioned in the podcast: this stuff clutters the boards. Please just read through before adding.

• Like 4

ย 

Good find, but this was referred to only a few posts in on the first page of the thread.

ย 

There has been a lot of posting without reading the prior threads, which lead to a lot of double posts. The Simpsons posts, and the posts with C+Os outlining things that are actually mentioned in the podcast: this stuff clutters the boards. Please just read through before adding.

ย 

tumblr_m91e37xtt01qd54da.gif

• Like 10