🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 158 - Body Parts: LIVE!

ce93c571e5f32988d6ba6e58e5871bcb44db0f96_hq.gif

Well, he said the appropriation was okay because it was an "adventure story," but what about Rom Coms? Is it okay then? I think he really needs to provide us a list of which genres cultural appropriation is acceptable. That should settle this issue once and for all.

• Like 3

Well, he said the appropriation was okay because it was an "adventure story," but what about Rom Coms? Is it okay then? I think he really needs to provide us a list of which genres cultural appropriation is acceptable. That should settle this issue once and for all.

Yes, because when you think of the Iron Fist Netflix series, "adventure story" is the first thing that comes to mind.

• Like 3

Yes, because when you think of the Iron Fist Netflix series, "adventure story" is the first thing that comes to mind.

I go here.

the-famous-five-adventures.jpg

Or here.

printersproof_6.jpg

or, at a stretch, here.

51-K%2BLYVobL._AC_UL320_SR200,320_.jpg

• Like 2

I think, Daddy Issues: The Series.

• Like 3

I think Daddy Issues: The Series.

That was literally the running commentary when we watched.

She has daddy issues.

He has daddy issues.

Oh, his dad has daddy issues too.

• Like 3

That was literally the running commentary when we watched.

She has daddy issues.

He has daddy issues.

Oh, his dad has daddy issues too.

And wasn't it weird that Ward looked to be the same age as his father? I mean, kudos to Daddy Faramir (trademark Elektra Boogaloo) for aging gracefully, but in some scenes, I would forget that they were supposed to be father and son.

• Like 3

And wasn't it weird that Ward looked to be the same age as his father? I mean, kudos to Daddy Faramir (trademark Elektra Boogaloo) for aging gracefully, but in some scenes I would forget that they were supposed to be father and son.

That reminds me...

So is Gao one of the Hand zombies? She implied that she's been around for centuries, but is she telling the truth?

• Like 1

That reminds me...

So is Gao one of the Hand zombies? She implied that she's been around for centuries, but is she telling the truth?

Honestly, I don't think she ever lies. I think she gets that the truth can be more damaging. So, yes, I think she's as old as she claims.

My question is: why was she so impressed that she got to meet another Iron Fist? According to her, she's been alive since (at least) the 17th century, and she's a leader in a clan of ninjas that are the sworn enemy of K'un Lun. Since I have to assume that K'un Lin is never without an Iron Fist, I'm not exactly surprised that she's crossed paths with one before.

• Like 2

More G&Gs (Gaorrections & Gaomissions)

Why did every other character insist that Gao was lying about everything? They didn't even entertain the idea that Gao might be telling the truth?

I think Gao ran away from K'un Lun (where she knew an Iron Fist) and joined The Hand. At the ninja academy, she chose to go into the illicit drug business track instead of Destroy K'un Lun track. Therefore, she never got to meet another Iron Fist.

• Like 1

With the Marvel TV series, I am starting to get tired of the heroes spending a couple episodes hemming and hawing about what they should do with the villain, whether kill them or go to the police or some hair brained idea that is seen from a mile away by the villains. With how Gao talks in double speak and riddles, I am really hoping that she is featured in the Punisher series, and rather than listen to a long riddle from her, Frank Castle just gets impatient and shoots her, just to exclaim how different his mindset is from them.

FVdm8.gif

One question I had about the Iron Fist show, which I'm about 3/4 through, is why do ninjas, who apparently the shit when it comes to stealth and finesse, always run around in black IN BROAD DAYLIGHT?! I would understand the Hand or Iron Fist doing shit during the day if they spruced up their camouflage to match the situation, but that never happens for all that I've seen so far.

• Like 2

Yeeeah, I spoiler-tagged your GIF of a dude getting his head blown off because it's graphic and could be disturbing to some.

As long as I'm here, Paul recently appeared on a new-ish podcast called Good One (iTunes, RSS), where comedians talk about the creation of a single joke. He covers the history of Human Giant and NTSF:SD:SUV, ranks the Fast & Furious movies, and talks about why live HDTGM shows are the most fun. (Deal with it, live episode haters! B) )

There are good episodes from Tig Notaro, Kristen Schaal, and Neal Brennan too.

• Like 9

Look at you nerds, geeking out over the Marvel Comics Universe.

Everyone knows that House Highgarden is a paper tiger.

• Like 5

When Paul talked about the guy he knew at school, making sure there was always an outline around his dick, it just reminded me of a guy I knew who did something similar, and I just ended up crying with laughter.

Every so often, he'd "adjust himself", to use a more polite euphamism. He'd do that in an attempt to make it look bigger to get what is known where I come from as a "semi-on" so that he'd stand a better chance of "Getting a bonk" as he'd call it.

You saying he was Half-Mast, Bro? You made me laugh so hard at work! Thank Ye

And yet he was still the worst part of House Tyrell let's be reeeaaallllll

• Like 6

tumblr_n4pzmzSz8a1qdgslmo4_250.gif

• Like 5

As long as I'm here, Paul recently appeared on a new-ish podcast called Good One (iTunes, RSS), where comedians talk about the creation of a single joke. He covers the history of Human Giant and NTSF:SD:SUV, ranks the Fast & Furious movies, and talks about why live HDTGM shows are the most fun. (Deal with it, live episode haters! B) )

There are good episodes from Tig Notaro, Kristen Schaal, and Neal Brennan too.

Thank you for this info!!!

picgifs-you-rock-164820.gif

Also...

comment-gifs-rock-comment-gifs-yuBifR-clipart.gif

• Like 4

Another Gaorrection & Gaomission

Lewis Tan to Vulture:

Yeah, I read for Danny originally. I think they were highly considering it at one point in time, but it would have definitely changed the dynamic of the show. It would have been a different show.

If only!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Another Gaorrection & Gaomission

Lewis Tan to Vulture:

If only!

Oh hell yes, gimme a different (better) show.

enhrGpX1.gif

• Like 2

Oh hell yes, gimme a different (better) show.

iron-fist-1.gif?w=532&h=341

Pictured: Everything I've ever wanted.

• Like 3

Oh, Elektra B. (How are you today?)

I'm going to really miss your recaps, but I totally understand.

giphy.gif

Please let us know when you'll be doing one for The Defenders!

P.S. Thanks for the shout out :)/>

• Like 2