🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Deacon

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987)

My only theory as to why HDTGM hasn't done an episode on this yet is that the Nostalgia Critic already did such a good job ripping this movie apart that Paul & Co. can't think of anything new to say about it.

This probably could create the first HDTGM episode where June becomes legitimately ill during the viewing and just refuses to go on air.

Yeah, agree with you about this. Even as a kid starved for movies in the '80s, I wanted nothing to do with this movie. I would have been happier doing my homework or chewing glass than watch this movie. I don't mean to judge the book but the cover, but "GPK" just looked like it was out to insult and disgust its audience. Who wants to see that?

This movie is perfect for the show. There is so much material to discuss. The Garbage Pail Kids are so disgusting and the premises are ridiculous.

There are over the top 80's bullies, awful 80's clothes, alien children who puke, fart, eat fingers, and constantly soil themselves, and so much more. I got the movie for $6 w/ Amazon Prime.

This movie ruined my life, lol. First off, how the hell was this pitched to the studios as a kids movie?!?!? I was too young to have seen this in theatres, but young enough that my eldest sister had it on VHS and made me watch it repeatedly with her.

Reasons this movie ruined my life:

1. Being forced to watch this movie, over and over, still causes strain on my sister and I relationship. Lol

2. Imitating any of the behaviors in this movie caused my father to lose his mind.

3. The main character 'Dodger' who is in his early teens, actually gets the hot 20 something girl. This theme beaten into my head repeatedly caused some sad highschool days.

This podcast is supposed to be fun, not generate nightmares... pls don't. No one should have to watch fucking creepshow. Especially June. Let's not do this to her.

Astin: The contracts were signed by the time my dad [actor John Astin] had a chance to look at the script. He did everything he could to get me out of it. Like, “Dude. This is not a good idea, son. I know what I’m talking about.” But the ink was dry.

From this great interview about the history of the GPK generally.

• Like 1