🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 33 — Who Runs Funny or Die?

Hopefully most of you have visited Funny or Die since Monday and know about our new partnership with them. If you haven't, this episode will answer a lot of questions. Even if you have, you'll learn from Dick Glover, President of Funny or Die, how the partnership came to be, how the website itself came to be, and what it's like to work for such a popular comedy entity. This is the guy who made ESPN.com back in '92, so he's got amazing amounts of insight into the digital world and where it is headed. I'll give you a hint: QR codes and hoodies.

Hopefully most of you have visited Funny or Die since Monday and know about our new partnership with them. If you haven't, this episode will answer a lot of questions. Even if you have, you'll learn from Dick Glover, President of Funny or Die, how the partnership came to be, how the website itself came to be, and what it's like to work for such a popular comedy entity. This is the guy who made ESPN.com back in '92, so he's got amazing amounts of insight into the digital world and where it is headed. I'll give you a hint: QR codes and hoodies.

Fantastic interview Jeff. It was great to hear how much respect there was for Earwolf from Funny or Die staffers. Congrats on the partnership and I look forward to seeing Q-codes on all the new t-shirts soon!

Fantastic interview Jeff. It was great to hear how much respect there was for Earwolf from Funny or Die staffers. Congrats on the partnership and I look forward to seeing Q-codes on all the new t-shirts soon!

Another great interview. I am interested to hear about the pricing breakdown of these Q-code tee-shirts and ear-bud sweatshirts. The idea is very cool, but I am skeptical about how well they would sell in both the short term and long term. I personally believe that the idea might be a bit risky in terms of walking that line between "coolness vs. gimmicky." A limited edition product line would probably be the best bet. It just seems like there would be too small a market to invest in any large scale production...but then again, I know absolutely nothing about apparel manufacturing or marketing other than that I really dislike the show "How to Make it in America." I am looking forward to the future initiatives this partnership has planned.

Sign in to follow this