🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DubipR

Barb Wire (1996)

With the whole gluttony of films based on comic book characters, we've had some good (The Dark Knight), some decent (Captain America) and then downright shitty, like Green Lantern which was reviewed here. But I think How Did This Get Made should go back in the annals of early comic book films and dust off the 1996 Classic (?) BARB WIRE, starring Pamela Anderson Lee. Witness an acting tour de force by Lee as this re-imagining of Casablanca drones out for about a 100 minutes.

Just don't call her babe!

With the whole gluttony of films based on comic book characters, we've had some good (The Dark Knight), some decent (Captain America) and then downright shitty, like Green Lantern which was reviewed here. But I think How Did This Get Made should go back in the annals of early comic book films and dust off the 1996 Classic (?) BARB WIRE, starring Pamela Anderson Lee. Witness an acting tour de force by Lee as this re-imagining of Casablanca drones out for about a 100 minutes.

Just don't call her babe!

Well, this one got an ep. Yeah, it's so weird that the story was lifted from Casablanca.

In honor of all the blockbuster superhero films which are about to start shitting all over the big screens for a very long time, why not take it back to one of the older disasters of the mid 90's? "Barb Wire" starring everybody's original spank bank deposit.....Pam Anderson! This epic little diamond in the rough was so awesomely bad! Would love to hear you guys rip it up on the podcast! Love the show, keep 'em coming...

How prescient this movie apparently was: I'm just now listening to this episode, but at 14 minutes, they think it's absurd that in the year 2017, people would know about Batman and Sonny and Cher...but even more far-seeing - that in 2017-18, Nazism would be making a comeback, and hipsters would be obsessed with dressing like the 1940s!!!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this