Sign in to follow this  
ZachCoty

How do you prioritize your podcasts?

I'm sure a lot of you are like me and are listening to more podcasts than you have time for. I basically have my few that I make sure to stay caught up on, and my others that I go through when I see certain guests or go through when I have extra time. Oddly enough, I still find myself hoping Who Charted? is the next podcast to go to multiple episodes/week. I just love Howard and Kulap so much

Note: This post was written under the influence of drugs and alcohol

I'm sure a lot of you are like me and are listening to more podcasts than you have time for. I basically have my few that I make sure to stay caught up on, and my others that I go through when I see certain guests or go through when I have extra time. Oddly enough, I still find myself hoping Who Charted? is the next podcast to go to multiple episodes/week. I just love Howard and Kulap so much

Note: This post was written under the influence of drugs and alcohol

I have shows that are Every Episode shows and shows that are Guest Dependent but I don't necessarily listen to my favourite shows immediately.

A lot of the time I hold my top 10 faves, like your Who Charteds ... your Comedy Bang Bangs, for up to two or three days later, like a dessert to anticipate. I like knowing that something great is waiting in my mp3 player for later rather than gluttonously devouring it at the earliest opportunity because, as with dessert, I'm always a little bit bummed out at the end that the fun is over for that week. That's the moment that I'm really delaying.

I wish I could be patient like you and hold onto good episodes for days. Sunday night I was EXHAUSTED after The Emmys (not to mention a bit drunk) (and maybe a little bit high, but *shhh*) and I was totally prepared to go to bed when I saw Rob Huebel on JJGo. What was I supposed to do, NOT stay up until 1 AM and listen to it? I know that I have to be at work at 5:30 AM, but I can be a little groggy if it means I'll have visions of Huebel bouncing in my head!

I feel ya, Caroline....I have a hard time saying not to certain eps of "Complete Guide to Everything" and JJGo, too....Doug Loves Movie & Sklarbro Country are my 2 weeklies for sure and recently Professor Blastoff & Complete Guide to Everything (working through the back catalog) have been added to the 'must.listen.now.' list.

I used to listen to podcasts at work, but my boss asked me to stop, so now I just play them as I walk and bike. More serious or interview based ones I play while I'm playing video games. I prefer to mix the serious with the irreverent.

Paul Goebel Show every Monday morning. Then KCRW's The Business Monday night. "The Podcast Answerman" every Thursday (he's late now). "Filmweek" every Friday afternoon. Everything else depends on guest of if I have time. Those are my musts.

I produce "Proudly Resents." I know some people look too see who the guest is or the movie we're reviewing before listening. I try to have people that podcast listeners like like Jimmy Pardo, Jimmy Dore and Steve Agee along with interviews that I find interesting. BUt hte most response I get is when I do a show with this Welsh comic Nicko. So who knows.
-Adam

• Like 1

I'm a stay at home dad so I get all my podcasts in while I'm cleaning the house and baking pies.

I have a lot of time to kill at work with podcasts (I'm on the road a lot).

There are about 8-10 podcasts in my feed that automatically download every episode and I listen to them as they're released. Then there are another 10-15 podcasts that update but never download and I just selectively choose episodes as I have time/interest.

Must-listens for me are Comedy Bang Bang, Todd Glass Show, Joe Rogan Experience, Analyze Phish, Improv4Humans, and a few non-comedy podcasts. Guest dependent for me is Nerdist, WTF, All un-mentioned Earwolf podcasts and occasionally Doug Loves Movies (I'm not much of a movie watcher these days so that one is over my head sometimes)

Comedy Bang Bang, Who Charted, Todd Glass Show, Greg Proops and Doug Loves Movies are the most essential of the weeklies, although Doug is doing a lot of extra episodes lately, so I'll often only listen to the main friday show. Best Show on WFMU I'll always listen to, but sometimes find myself skipping through it. Also, pretty much the only british one - Frank Skinner on absolute radio. Oh and Bob Ducca I'll start my day with when it drops.

Also usually listen to Apple Sisters, Thrilling Adventure Hour, one of the 2 WTF's. Best Show Gems, though that's a bi-weekly. Also introducing improv4humans and Long Shot Podcast into my schedule at the moment. But it's getting hard to find the time for it. Long Shot hasn't quite worked it's way up to Essential yet. Ken Plume I often want to listen to as he's so likable, but I often don't know where I'm going the time for his sometimes 3 hour interviews with people I've not heard of.

Other Earwolf shows I'll listen to if there's guests I'm interested in, which they're often is.

There's plenty of others not mentioned that are less regular, like superego.

I prefer to listen to them on the day they're released, but that's never really possible as loads drop on Monday and Friday.