🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 8-Rent

We've come full circle back to baby landlord demanding rent.

Haha yes! Was trying to tie in and bring it back around

200.gif#15

• Like 5

My favorite beer:

715oc8.jpg

As you can see I don't drink lol

But seriously it's good root beer and I first had it at a Sprecher Traveing Beer garden, so

• Like 6

My favorite beer:

715oc8.jpg

As you can see I don't drink lol

But seriously it's good root beer and I first had it at a Sprecher Traveing Beer garden, so

Looks delicious!

I don't really drink either. :)

• Like 3

lol, that's sweet.

- signed, an Australian/Canadian

Wait, hold on, are you implying that Australian and Canadian beers are great?

• Like 1

This is me, a teetotaler (but drinker of coffee and tea), nervously attempting to add SOMETHING to this thread, considering I was late to this particular musical party and found all your Rent analyses more interesting than my own:

giphy.gif

Still, cheers to you all lovely posters. You make message boards worth reading!

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Craft beer has been on the raise the last few years. More and more small breweries and craft bars have been opening up. One of my favourites Hitachino is actually available in the the US. But some other companies like Minoh and Braid are making Imperial stouts, but they aren't cheap.

Also for the record I DO drink Kirin with my yakitori, but Sapporo isn't all that common. Asahi Super Dry and Kirin are the defacto beer in 80% of places.

That's crazy to me, because I can go to the corner boega and pick up a can of Sapporo for cheap.

I have had Hitachino, but it didn't click until now that it was brewed in Japan, lol. Cute little owl though.

Wait, hold on, are you implying that Australian and Canadian beers are great? Because I beg to differ.

giphy.gif

This is me, a teetotaler (but drinker of coffee and tea), nervously attempting to add SOMETHING to this thread, considering I was late to this particular musical party and found all your Rent analyses more interesting than my own:

I will geek out on coffee and tea as well :)

Taylor anne and Fister, this says the best Texan beer is RU55 - have you had it?

• Like 4

Taylor anne and Fister, this says the best Texan beer is RU55 - have you had it?

I haven't but I'm willing to seek it out and give it a try! I'm usually iffy when beer says they taste like chocolate but maybe the raspberry taste will counteract that lol.

• Like 1

I have, but that's a weird-ass choice. Jester King mostly makes sours, so it's strange to see that chosen as the best Texan beer. I like them, but I prefer Commercial Suicide and Black Metal.

But I wouldn't even call Jester King the best Austin beer. I prefer Thirsty Goat (whose brewery, Thirsty Planet, is right up the street from JK), almost anything Real Ale makes, Live Oak Hefeweizen, or Hops and Grain's 787ö2 (probably my favorite summer beer).

When I used to live in Fort Worth, I used to go to Rahr and Sons all the time because I lived about a mile away and could walk home if I made bad choices. All of their seasonals are really great, but any of their special edition beers are worth picking up if you find them, especially Snowmaggedon and Bourbon Barrel-Aged Winter Warmer.

• Like 1

512 Pecan Porter, on the other hand, has been on my list for a long time and I haven't found a local source (although I admittedly haven't tried very hard.)

I think it might be kind of a pain unless you can find it on tap somewhere. 512 doesn't bottle, so if you want any to drink at home, you have to buy a growler and get it filled.

(Did I kill the conversation by being a pretentious dildo?)

No, no, no--not by being "pretentious."

j/k I just have nothing to contribute

• Like 5

(Did I kill the conversation by being a pretentious dildo?)

Never heard of those beers you mentioned. I only drink hand-crafted beers made in local breweries, after yoga, with yogurt and rice and beans and cheese, mostly in a fallacy in my head.

• Like 6

Your bicycle?

You Googled it too!!!!

Sloth-Laugh.gif

• Like 2

You Googled it too!!!!

Things I googled:

my fixie musical

my fixie movie

my fixie beer

joel rosenbaum's fixie

• Like 5

Things I googled:

my fixie musical

my fixie movie

my fixie beer

joel rosenbaum's fixie

I only knew about fixies through Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Premium Rush movie.

• Like 2

You Googled it too!!!!

Sloth-Laugh.gif

Y'all don't know fixed-gear bicycles?

They're the worst invention ever. You have to keep pedaling all the goddamn time. I rode one once, and it made me want to punch the hipster it belonged to.

They're almost as bad as recumbent bikes.

• Like 3

Y'all don't know fixed-gear bicycles?

They're the worst invention ever. You have to keep pedaling all the goddamn time. I rode one once, and it made me want to punch the hipster it belonged to.

They're almost as bad as recumbent bikes.

Just the thought of that...

GIF-angry-Fairuza-Balk-furious-livid-mad-rage-The-Craft-GIF.gif

• Like 4

I have, but that's a weird-ass choice. Jester King mostly makes sours, so it's strange to see that chosen as the best Texan beer. I like them, but I prefer Commercial Suicide and Black Metal.

I may not be qualified to comment on the quality of beer products, but I am ALL IN on beer products that utilize black metal and corpse paint in their marketing. This is why I am glad the craft beer industry exists. Far more interesting shit goes on, both in the imagery and in the actual product, than in the conglomerated concoctions hoisted upon the world by InBev and its associated subsidiaries.

giphy.gif

Maybe I do belong singing "La Vie Boheme"? Am I insufferable enough?

• Like 5

Looks delicious!

I don't really drink either. :)

Have you tried this? A little sweet but not bad.

final-bottle-1-1-296x1024.png

• Like 2

Have you tried this? A little sweet but not bad.

final-bottle-1-1-296x1024.png

Nope. I just don't drink much period, so I'm not even curious about different flavored stuff.

• Like 3

I'm not a big drinker-- don't know much about local beers. OR even know much about bikes (fixies?).. so can't contribute much there.

does that solidify my Benny-status?

• Like 5