🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

If nothing else, this movie needs to be recognized for having the weirdest villain motives to their actions. They're a cult who believes their actions will bring about a New World Order, allowing them to rule the world. So what do they do? Kill random people on the street. No political or famous targets, just random citizens.

Also, Sylvester Stallone cuts a slice of pizza with scissors and Brigitte Nielsen poses for fashion shoots with robots. You need to see it. (NetFlix Streaming!)

I was at a bar in downtown austin last night and they were playing Cobra on their tv. It reminded me of how awesome that movie is.

His name is Marion Cobretti. COBRETTI.

COBRA-STALLONE.jpg

Good call... And I thought 'Deke DaSilva' ("Nighthawks") was the most absurd Stallone character name ever... Marlon Cobretti is a hole nubba level of ridiculousness...

It was an interesting character choice for a name and they do make it a minor conversation point which is something i don't recall in another action movie.. everything in the plot and script did smack of trying that bit too hard.

I think the car chase sequences weren't too bad.. but that was it.

The finale is supposed to be a huge steel plant fight but even that ends up looking messy with a slow and silly final fight kill.

It works if you are ready for 80's cheese but on a technical level you can see it was a troubled production.

I never understood the whole axe cult scene ... they had the antagonist surrounded by people from all walks of life (men, women, some in suits, some in street attire) and all they seemed to do was to clang axes together.

All the fascist fantasies of 'Dirty Harry,' all the filmmaking skills of the people behind 'Tiptoes.' Ok, maybe it's not that awful, but as much as I love Sly and cheesy 80s action, this movie is totes garbage. HDTGM-worthy indeed.

It was super cool back in the day.. I saw the film had the computer game and discussed the awesome weaponry with friends..

Just on a re-viewing it's not weathered at all well.

It's got everything you look for in a pure classic bad movie that's good

Great one liners like

Thug Iwillblow this store up man

Cobra go on then udont shop here

Close ups of random boots

Very tight jeans being worn by Stallone which I did not need to see

And the return of the classic hard man move chewing on a tooth pick

Plus guns cars bikes deep talking and bad bad bad acting

I think it should be renamed Pepsi after the star of the movie I swear Pepsi logos appear on screen longer during this movie than Stallone did

So glad this one is on the docket.

Stallone. Brigitte Nielsen. And the tagline: Crime is the disease. Meet the cure.

Add in an axe-wielding murderous cult, Stallone paired w/ a love interest a full head taller than him, and a 5 to 7 minute montage scene best described as 'dude loads a shitload of guns' that is the fetishized template for every action film since and you have a batshit crazy movie well worth WDTGM treatment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090859/

sorry, should be HDTGM. though WHY DID THIS GET MADE is an equally valid question. 13% on Rotten Tomatoes

Sign in to follow this