🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 180 - Mikal Cronin, Our Close Music

I pretend that each episode is the last one ever that way I get such a nice surprise every Tuesday "fucking christ the boys are fuckin back they did it"

• Like 10

I know y'all are playing on a whole other level than I am so I concede I never know even a little bit what's real in this forum but you guys are scaring me. This isn't it, is it? Hayes (I think) also said very deliberately towards the end the "last EARWOLF episode".... What's going on? I can't handle this.

Sorry I mean love the boys what a great ep

• Like 2

I'm guessing Don Rickles was holding on so he could guest on the Handbook, and now that it's ended he decided it was time to go.

RIP Mr. Rickles.

• Like 5

I found the show last year, so sorry for not being as nice and cool and sweet as other people here.

I started from the first episode and when I caught up to the new ones, I shelled out the cash to climb behind that damn paywall to listen to The Reality Show Show. I talked about you guys so incessantly that my boyfriend and my best friend started listening (so at least I brought in two new avid listeners! Points?)

I just love Sean and Hayes (and Brett and Cody-boy and even creepy Kevin) so much. In this very scary world infested with condors, Jokers and mouse skellingtons-- I just wanted to thank you for your fearless humor. If this is the last episode, please know that I will always make sure to take turns sniffing flowers with my dog to see if bee in there and that I will never go in a shower without my shotgun.

PS: Sean, my boyfriend went to a meeting at HBO last month and you were behind him in line at the receptionist and he really wanted to say "Wut up, wut up" to you but he was too nervous and regrets it to this day. So a deep and resounding "Wut up, wut up" to you, brother. And please don't end the show.

• Like 10

i will be real for a second for all the scared new folks: the show isnt ending, hayes and sean make silly jokes sometimes

• Like 13

i will be real for a second for all the scared new folks: the show isnt ending, hayes and sean make silly jokes sometimes

mmm but wouldn't the best joke of all be if the show really did end now that you said this

• Like 7

Listening to the boys sing this week, I was struck with an idea. What if you take away all the guitar and synth and whatever Brett was pretending to play, just have it be a podcast of two guys singing, then make the singing a little worse and then make it only songs from something like Hamilton where a lot of the audience will be unfamiliar with the music. How amazing of a podcast would that be?

• Like 6

Listening to the boys sing this week, I was struck with an idea. What if you take away all the guitar and synth and whatever Brett was pretending to play, just have it be a podcast of two guys singing, then make the singing a little worse and then make it only songs from something like Hamilton where a lot of the audience will be unfamiliar with the music. How amazing of a podcast would that be?

:( i like solo bolos

• Like 5

^Alf I think he's talking about "The room where it's happening"

• Like 2

i see no good reason for sean and hayes to just finish out whatever deal they have with earwolf/midroll/scripps/unilever/omnicorp

and join any of the other pod companies that actually seem to generate revenue for performers.

seems to me patreon is successful least in part because we all know how the model currently 'works'. and folks, you already know, models are changing! i know that i'm not interested in buying blue apron, loot crate or some random earwolf merch in the hopes that they eventually get a nickel from it.

so call it reality sho-sho, call it handbook, i dont really care. in fact i'm so convinced they love doing this, i want them to take a break for a while and come back swangin, ready to slay some real monsters.

this has been: political.

• Like 2

^Alf I think he's talking about "The room where it's happening"

I also like solo bolos.

• Like 4

Can anyone help me figure out if I'm a townie in the place where I live? I don't swim in the quarry but my group of friends is always at odds with preppie college kids who treat us like ignorant yokels, so I'm just not sure. thanks

another%2048%20HH%20credits.jpg

• Like 11

Well I've only listened to 180 episodes so I can understand if my input seems rash and thoughtless but I felt the need to share it anyway!

The show is nice and smart except for one part, oh I don't recall which episode but there was something about the show ending that seemed mean and stupid, but besides that I'm looking forward to making a real review after they really hit their stride at around episode 770 or so.

I am The egg man, they are the egg men, I am the walrus - Jimothy Carrey

• Like 6

Ima get real with yall, this show really helped me out through some hard times, thanks Sean and Hayes. For what it's worth I did show it to my friend, he wasn't into it.

• Like 5

I have listened to this episode start-to-horny-girl-wolf-finish every day since it came out.

• Like 5

Tuesday is just around the corner and I'm nervous.

In the meantime, what does frittage(sp) mean? When Sean says "Licensed frittage therapist". I tried googling it, but I think I'm spelling it very wrong.

I'm assuming it means hand stuff.

• Like 5

what will i do tomorrow now that the show is 100% doneso, finished, cooked

• Like 7

so now that the podcast is over forever, will we make a new thread tomorrow just for chatting or just keep filling up this one?

• Like 8