🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 159.5 - Minisode 159.5

I laughed at lot at Paul's inability to pronounce Hari Kondabolu even though he had a pronunciation guide. That is real commitment to this name bit. (Politically Reactive is a fun show too.)

This was the first time I've had a C&O read in awhile, I think. Kind of disappointed Paul pronounced my name right this time...

I've never seen the LAKE HOUSE.

• Like 7

I laughed at lot at Paul's inability to pronounce Hari Kondabolu even though he had a pronunciation guide. That is real commitment to this name bit.

I laughed really hard when he said, "I'm terrible at this."

i'm hoping he posted the swedish dvd for humors sake rather than a sign of it's availability ... i saw MSIAA years ago but i've never even heard of en kultklassiker that is The Wraith

14e5jqx.jpg

Apparently, My Stepmother is an Alien is a bad movie? I remember loving that movie as a kid. But, you know...kids have shitty taste.

• Like 7

Oh shit! I wondered why a few of you added those to your watchlists on letterboxd! I too loved 'Stepmother is an Alien' as a kid. Pretty sure Kim Basinger sings an Al Jolson song to convince her alien overlords that humans are worth sparing. And the most awkward Dan Aykroyd sex scenes since his ghost BJ in 'Ghostbusters'. This one will be fun...

• Like 3

Oh shit! I wondered why a few of you added those to your watchlists on letterboxd! I too loved 'Stepmother is an Alien' as a kid. Pretty sure Kim Basinger sings an Al Jolson song to convince her alien overlords that humans are worth sparing. And the most awkward Dan Aykroyd sex scenes since his ghost BJ in 'Ghostbusters'. This one will be fun...

Between this and the 1989 Batman, I'm pretty sure Kim Basinger was my first celebrity crush.

• Like 5

All I remember about "My Stepmother Is an Alien" is that Seth Green and Alyson Hannigan are in it and they were Willow and Oz on "Buffy."

My knowledge of the world is limited to how things relate to "Buffy," I guess.

• Like 6

Cam Bert, your day has finally come!

I was just thinking about it, and maybe...we should all just step back and just let Cam Bert have this one. I would love it if every single C&O for The Lake House was just Cam Bert screaming to the heavens. He's earned it. He's lived with it for a month or so. Let's let him purge.

We can all just step back and cheer him on like he's goddamn Rudy or something.

Rudy_Hard-Clap128-small.gif

• Like 5

Lake House is next level bonkers and I am glad they are going to do it. It will certainly be more interesting to talk about then watch.

Did anyone notice how many times someone talks about Global Warming in this movie? Seriously. I think it's mentioned at least 20 times. Did Al Gore co-write this movie?

• Like 5

I usually try to wait until a day or two before the episode to watch the movie because I watch so many movies that I sometimes get June Disease and forget big chunks of stuff (I try to do the same with Musical Mondays). But I really, really want to watch this over the weekend because I'm dying to know what made Cam Bert that upset.

Also, the trailer that Paul played is....something else. If the movie is anything like it, I feel like we're in for a treat.

• Like 5

Lake House is next level bonkers and I am glad they are going to do it. It will certainly be more interesting to talk about then watch.

Did anyone notice how many times someone talks about Global Warming in this movie? Seriously. I think it's mentioned at least 20 times. Did Al Gore co-write this movie?

I was too distracted by this:

e8FE3QC.gif

Granted, the sneeze was probably caused by Global Warming...

• Like 6

I usually try to wait until a day or two before the episode to watch the movie because I watch so many movies that I sometimes get June Disease and forget big chunks of stuff (I try to do the same with Musical Mondays). But I really, really want to watch this over the weekend because I'm dying to know what made Cam Bert that upset.

Also, the trailer that Paul played is....something else. If the movie is anything like it, I feel like we're in for a treat.

It is definitely a hate watch. Like, you can watch it, but you are yelling at the screen the whole time.

• Like 5

It is definitely a hate watch. Like, you can watch it, but you are yelling at the screen the whole time.

Lol, you'll def be OK to watch this weekend. I watched over a month ago and it's still with me..

It is a hate watch. I spent a lot of time trying to keep track of plot points and timelines.. which I probably shouldn't have, since the movie didn't give a shit about it, lol

Excited for the podcast ep, and curious about who the guest is

• Like 5

I've forgotten all details now, having watched this last month. So, I'm going to step out this week and leave the floor open for the hate-watchers. I didn't hate-watch it so much as check the clock every 3-4 minutes.

• Like 5

I will try to hold back my thoughts on the movie until the actual episode but I think a lot of it had to do with just how I thought it would be a dumb Nicholas Sparks type movie and then I got... whatever The Lakehouse thinks it is. Then I went and watched the original Korean film which is sooooooooooo much better. It made me hate this movie even more. I wish I had saved watching it until closer to have full peak rage to spew at it, but I'm sure I'll rewatch it and those feelings will come back.

The only other movie I can think that made me remotely this angry is maybe Frogs. I admit there were parts of Across the Universe that I enjoyed.

I'm sure it's the best birthday present Cam Bert has received.

Well, I did get a fantastic early birthday present in the mail this morning.

• Like 5

I admit there were parts of Across the Universe that I enjoyed.

tenor.gif

• Like 5

tenor.gif

By parts I mean two tracks on the soundtrack

tumblr_mtsuz4crAk1ry46hlo1_r1_400.gif

Edit: I just noticed your updated signature, and it made me angry just seeing the awful dialogue

• Like 4

Edit: I just noticed your updated signature, and it made me angry just seeing the awful dialogue

tumblr_nwer4uZtw11txfen3o1_400.gif

Pictured: where comedy comes from.

• Like 1

Enya had a song in Sleepwalkers and now she lives surrounded by cats. Coincidence?

Confirmed: Enya, not a Sleepwalker.

• Like 6

I was just thinking about it, and maybe...we should all just step back and just let Cam Bert have this one. I would love it if every single C&O for The Lake House was just Cam Bert screaming to the heavens. He's earned it. He's lived with it for a month or so. Let's let him purge.

We can all just step back and cheer him on like he's goddamn Rudy or something.

Rudy_Hard-Clap128-small.gif

I've lived with this for 11 years so my apologies for Cam Bert but no I will not step aside lol

• Like 6

I've lived with this for 11 years so my apologies for Cam Bert but no I will not step aside lol

No need to apologize. As I said in the MM thread a few weeks back, by our powers combined we will destroy the Lake House and make everyone involved with it cry and feel great shame!!

BvsKJXGzqfNPq.gif

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this