🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 9 Pete's Dragon (1977)

Sorry I've been MIA all week y'all.

Work has been crazy and I didn't get the chance to watch this like I thought, but I have been reading everyone's thoughts and lurking by liking posts.

So I see your Hawkeye comment, Cameron, and I am not pleased lol.

• Like 7

Work has been crazy and I didn't get the chance to watch this like I thought, but I have been reading everyone's thoughts and lurking by liking posts.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we NEED to know your detailed reaction on this movie, Taylor, so when work gets less busy, do us all a favour and have a watch, and post your reactions about the slavery and attempted dragon murder and corporal punishment and moustaches and song violence and rapey rednecks and rampant alcoholism and forgettable songs and Mickey Rooney - whenever you like. Weeks from now, I'll lead the charge in rekindling this thread just to hear your reactions to this thing.

• Like 5

I only meant Jeremy Renner not the REAL Hawkeyes.

11085691.png

• Like 4

I only meant Jeremy Renner not the REAL Hawkeyes.

Still not pleased...

It's not Jeremy's fault no one knows how to write him except Matt Fraction. God could you imagine a Matt Fraction lead Netflix series with Renner and they introduce Kate though!? I need that.

• Like 5

Still not pleased...

It's not Jeremy's fault no one knows how to write him except Matt Fraction. God could you imagine a Matt Fraction lead Netflix series with Renner and they introduce Kate though!? I need that.

I bet Nick Spencer could write a really good Hawkeye. Just look at his work on Antman, Superior Foes, and The Fix.

• Like 3

Still not pleased...

It's not Jeremy's fault no one knows how to write him except Matt Fraction. God could you imagine a Matt Fraction lead Netflix series with someone other than Renner and they introduce Kate though!? I need that.

ftfy

• Like 3

Who would you cast as Matt Fraction's Hawkeye Cameron? Ryan Kwanten?

• Like 6

Maybe the problem is that you love The Lake House so much and you are having trouble coming to terms with that...

Between love and hate, there is only ONE step ;)

• Like 3

Who would you cast as Matt Fraction's Hawkeye Cameron? Ryan Kwanten?

tumblr_m48unisxvJ1qecho9.gif

Especially because...

hawkeye_hawkguy_matt_fraction_david_aja_6.jpg

• Like 4

Still not pleased...

I like Renner in the Avengers movies but I think I would prefer recasting Hawkeye for a Fraction Netflix series adaptation, but more importantly, HOLY SHIT I have been wishing for that exact things since Fraction was still writing Hawkeye. You could even do a whole season with just the L.A. Woman Kate Bishop storyline. It would be so perfect.

• Like 3

I like Renner in the Avengers movies but I think I would prefer recasting Hawkeye for a Fraction Netflix series adaptation, but more importantly, HOLY SHIT I have been wishing for that exact things since Fraction was still writing Hawkeye. You could even do a whole season with just the L.A. Woman Kate Bishop storyline. It would be so perfect.

I like Renner, too. The first Avengers movie was the first time I wasn't like, "Oh cool. Some dildo with a fuckin' bow and arrow...."

Of course, the Fraction run made Hawkeye an even better character, but I think Renner is just fine with the direction they've taken him in the movies.

• Like 1

Yay! I'm the only person in my family with the balls to eat an entire Peep!

Happy Easter, bitches!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I could eat four peeps at least! Happy Easter!!

Guys, I'm torn between choosing a dumb musical I know well, or a classic musical I don't remember well! Help!

• Like 3

I could eat four peeps at least! Happy Easter!!

Guys, I'm torn between choosing a dumb musical I know well, or a classic musical I don't remember well! Help!

I vote for whichever one you like better.

• Like 4

I concur! It will be great whatever you choose.

• Like 3

I'm not really sure, so I'm trying to think which one may bring up better discussions. It's HARD

ptPfuuH.jpg

I just ate four of them. I am trash.

• Like 3

I'm not really sure, so I'm trying to think which one may bring up better discussions. It's HARD

That sounds like just the kind of whining I'd expect from a dirty Peep eater...

• Like 4

That sounds like just the kind of whining I'd expect from a dirty Peep eater...

2dh8hol.jpg

...aight.

• Like 4

2dh8hol.jpg

...aight.

It's cool. We can eat Peeps together. :)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

It's cool. We can eat Peeps together. :)

gross, lol.

I always gave my peeps to my sister, because she is a disgusting person and likes them.

She also likes to microwave them, they expand and become a gooey gross mess.

• Like 3

gross, lol.

I always gave my peeps to my sister, because she is a disgusting person and likes them.

She also likes to microwave them, they expand and become gooey gross mess.

I never microwaved them. When my great aunt was alive, she would open a peeps package and let it sit so they could get a little stale before eating them. I never understood that lol

• Like 3

I never microwaved them. When my great aunt was alive, she would open a peeps package and let it sit so they could get a little stale before eating them. I never understood that lol

You peep people are weird.. haha no, but I do that to gummy bears, I like them hard / little stale. So I can understand..sort of..

But you can make peeps joust in the microwave??

peep_jousting_1.jpg?w=600&h=1&crop=1

I was going to show a pic of them all expanded earlier, but found this out...

My sister never did that. She just sometimes eats them all melty.

• Like 3

Peeps look like they should taste better. They're just fun colored sugar, right?

• Like 4