🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 108 - A Small Town Post Office After Hours w/ Big Grande (Dan Lippert, Jon Mackey, Ryan Rosenberg, Drew Tarver)

Paul F. Tompkins continues cross-over month on Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guests/improvisers are Big Grande (Big Grande’s Teacher’s Lounge) Dan Lippert, Jon Mackey, Ryan Rosenberg, and Drew Tarver. They chat about what food item they have consumed the most of in their lifetime, the difficulty Drew's mother has differentiating her son from her husband, and Jon’s most mortifying experience with Dan and Drew at a McDonald’s drive-thru. Then they improvise a story set in A Small Town Post Office After Hours. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

I would also love to hear Wild Horses show up during cross-over month.

But, I -- for one -- do not want to focus only on that issue to the exclusion of expressing appreciation for how amazing this episode was. I've always enjoyed Big Grande's almost fanatical commitment to indulging in utter lunacy, and this lived up to my (already high) expectations. Simply put, these guys are very, very funny. I really like how they jump into the realm of the surreal almost immediately, yet there is somehow always a kind of insane logic underlying everything that keeps it oddly grounded. It's very impressive stuff, and Paul fit in very well (as he almost always does).

• Like 1

Yeah this episode was amazing, Drew Tarver is one of the funniest improvisers around

Whoever decided the mail should come to life after hours really made the improv!

I am excited about the new audience location submission system! It's been fun coming up with locations and looking forward to seeing if they are selected, it helps us fans feel connected to the show, just as it did for Dead Authors Podcast.

Sign in to follow this