🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
gene_shallot

Homework: Sign o' the Times (1987) vs Stop Making Sense (1984)

In the spirit of NickPerkins, next week is Sign o' the Times (AKA Sign "" the Times) vs Stop Making Sense as per Amy's tweet.

Stop Making Sense is available for digital rental at your purveyor of choice.

Unfortunately Sign o' the Times seems to only be available for purchase on the Canadian iTunes store(?!) and out of print on physical media. Legally available, that is. *wink wink nudge nudge say no more*

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! That's one of the Demme films I haven't watched yet... pretty excited about it.

There's some physical copies of Sign O' the Times on Amazon, one a $20 bluray that the reviews claim works on most bluray players in the U.S.

Could anyone who's seen Sign O The Times let me know if it's worth trying to track it down when I'm 98% sure I'm going to vote for Stop Making Sense anyways?

Sign O the time just on the sheer force of Prince's performance its a better concert. Stop Making Sense builds; but Prince is electrifying form the moment he hits the Paris stage.

Prince setlist strong too ...and kills it with his dancing !

This is an unfairly stacked contest... two of the greatest concert films ever, but people are going to vote for the recently dead guy.

• Like 1

This is an unfairly stacked contest... two of the greatest concert films ever, but people are going to vote for the recently dead guy.

Not if they can't find his movie. Also, Stop Making Sense is way more popular.

Not if they can't find his movie. Also, Stop Making Sense is way more popular.

It's definitely more well-known and made by a more renowned filmmaker. Not a slam-dunk for Prince here.

• Like 1

Well, that turned out to be an ominous comment.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this