🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Carnosaur (1993)

Released just before another dinosaur related movie you may have heard about called Jurassic Park, somehow this one just didnt generate the same box office buzz.

Oddly enough it stars Dianne Ladd, Laura Derns mother. Who I guess was trying to out dinosaur-movie her daughter. It didnt work out as planned.....

Bumping this because someone else's recent dino film recommendation reminded me of it. A buddy and I used to make a lot of Carnosaur jokes when we worked together in the late 90s/early 2000s. It was on the movie network a lot here in Canada - maybe it was made here? Anyway, it's the kind of awful that would probably work well on the show.

I remember renting this trilogy from Blockbuster as I was still big into dinosaurs as a kid when I started getting into horror and was amazed at how batshit crazy the first film was. It's even more crazy considering it goes for a dark as fuck ending similar to what the Jurassic Park book had going for it in regards to how characters fare compared to their movie counterparts.

yea my child brain wasn't ready for that ending. It'd be the equivalent of B.D. Wong knocking down a door and murdering Allen, Ellie and Ian at the end of the movie. 

Sign in to follow this