🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
roeshamboe

I HENDERSON'D RANDY!

There I was, sitting in my favorite spot in the Largo atrium waiting for the Benson Interruption to start. I was taking up space at a small table right by the artists'/side door where you have a decent view of the small courtyard, foyer, and front gate. As with everybody else these days, my face was buried in my phone doing absolutely nothing important. I was also without a clue that the Brothers Sklar were going to be interrupted that evening.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed someone heading in my general direction... no big deal, could be someone grabbing another table, or staff using the door.. whatever.

I glanced up, as one does, and much to my surprise, Randy Sklar is standing about 2 feet away from me heading backstage before the Interruption. It is at this point I should mention that, under Dr.'s orders, I had ingested a quite sufficient amount of medicinal cannabis pre-show. It was in this weird foggy haze that I made the realization of who it was standing in front of me.

Involuntarily, and while making quasi-eye-contact with Randy, I muttered quietly to myself in a super stoned haze... "henderson?" as if that was his name and I was slowly recognizing a long-lost college roommate. There was no motive to catch his attention, get an autograph or picture, just ... "henderson?"

It was then that he paused at the door, repeated to himself in a quiet voice, "henderson?" and caught my full gaze. I'm not sure if he was puzzled at the very low volume and tone of the "henderson" or that it was phrased as a question or if he had to go through the process of "My name's not Henderson, you idiot, it's Randy.... ooooohhhhh...... Henderson..." He then stopped fully and reached out to shake my hand (highlight of the week).

I'm pretty sure that's how it happened.

I'd also like to take this time to apologize for throwing out that "OSBALDISTAN!" from the audience in the last Benson Interruption podcast.

Keep up the good work guys.

Sign in to follow this