🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

Yeah, but the moment when Chad brings Troy his burger and Troy says, 'oh, by the way', and Chad's little face lights up because he thinks he'll be able to shake the hand of this college basketball hero, only to then be told 'i wanted swiss cheese on my burger'...

That's a fucking war crime right there. I hated that moment so much: introducing dude to your friend who also loves basketball would take no effort and wouldn't ruin your own chances (and let's not get into preppy white kid treating his African-American waiter like some kind of piece of shit on his shoe) - that was fucking cold.

I would have been pissed about that too. Later, they say 'hey, we'd love to shoot hoops at the haunted university too' and he's all, like, no man, I own the haunted university, step off.

Troy is cockblocking the other Wildcats because he knows he's wildly overrated as a baller and he's worried, like, Jason will steal his scholarship. That's the truth.

Fuck that shit! They wouldn't even have a job if it wasn't for Troy. Is he being a little inconsiderate? Sure. But he's nervous and a lot of shit is happening really fast. He's off balance.

Also, it's not really his place to invite other people to Ghost University. He's their guest.

But you're right about one thing: Jason would have killed it.

HSM-Ryne-ryne-sanborn-2927101-364-600.jpg

• Like 3

HSM3 - was Troy doing an offensive Chinese accent as a pizza delivery boy? I'm so confused.

• Like 5

HSM3 - was Troy doing an offensive Chinese accent as a pizza delivery boy? I'm so confused.

FUCK! I'm not paying to watch HSM3, guys. Stop tempting me!

• Like 6

Then how will you find out whether or not the boys are, indeed, back?

• Like 4

Fine. Here's a C&O for HSM. This dialogue:

Troy: Don't tell me you're good at hoops, too,

Gabriella: You know, I once scored 41 points at a league championship game.

T: No way!

G: And the same day, I invented the space shuttle and microwave popcorn.

Not the microwave, but microwave popcorn. That's just dried corn kernels. Is she saying she invented microwave popcorn...bags? Even then, it's not impressive as inventing the space shuttle, since you can take any old brown paper bag or even a regular microwavable bowl and make popcorn in the microwave.

• Like 4

Fine. Here's a C&O for HSM. This dialogue:

Troy: Don't tell me you're good at hoops, too,

Gabriella: You know, I once scored 41 points at a league championship game.

T: No way!

G: And the same day, I invented the space shuttle and microwave popcorn.

Not the microwave, but microwave popcorn. That's just dried corn kernels. Is she saying she invented microwave popcorn...bags? Even then, it's not impressive as inventing the space shuttle, since you can take any old brown paper bag or even a regular microwavable bowl and make popcorn in the microwave.

Not to mention that she mentions those three things as though they're completely unbelievable, but...

1) she makes a pretty good shot at the hoop, so I'm not buying this whole 'nerds don't know how to sport' trope.

2) she's literally going to be a rocket scientist at the end of the third one and is in the math decathlon in the first one. I would totally buy her working on the space programme. Stop selling yourself short, Vanessa Anne!

3) yeah, that's bananas. Some lazy screenwriting right there.

I would totally buy that she balled at her old school. How much more interesting would it have been if they'd had a one-on-one basketball falling in love song? Instead, they clang the doors shut by saying NERDS CAN'T SPORT DUMMIES

• Like 5

2) she's literally going to be a rocket scientist at the end of the third one and is in the math decathlon in the first one. I would totally buy her working on the space programme. Stop selling yourself short, Vanessa Anne!

Everyone please enjoy this (from HSM3):

rlkf0PE.jpg

• Like 4

17 pages?!? What the fuck have I done

Yep, 3 days in and we've absolutely SMASHED the record for number of posts in a MM thread (old record holder was Rent with 308 posts)...

What have you done indeed!

• Like 5

Congratulations-You-Did-It-GIF-2015.gif

If you get 49 more posts, it will surpass Maximum Overdrive as the 2nd most commented thread in HDTGM history! I don't think we'll beat Can't Stop the Music, though.

• Like 5

#likesanimals

But is that one of her achievements? What is going on at Stanford?

• Like 4

Everyone please enjoy this (from HSM3):

rlkf0PE.jpg

Also: no mention anywhere of being the lead in her High School Musical? Surely that is more apt than LIKES ANIMALS.

Also, check out the browser. Gnarly.

• Like 4

Also: no mention anywhere of being the lead in her High School Musical? Surely that is more apt than LIKES ANIMALS.

Also, check out the browser. Gnarly.

Oh, the interface on the computers they use in these look like they would have been outdated when I was in high school in the 90s.

(And nothing is more important than liking animals)

• Like 4

Oh, the interface on the computers they use in these look like they would have been outdated when I was in high school in the 90s.

(And nothing is more important than liking animals)

Not to mention that the computer says it's "recieving" Wi-Fi when they set Troy up in the first one. You'd think those Academic Decathlon nerds would've caught that*

Also, "set up Troy." Man, these jealous motherfuckers need to back off.

*I would have brought this point up earlier, but it's pointed out in the Rifftrax. I try not to repeat other people's observations;)

• Like 5

HSM 2 is ridiculous! Troy has done absolutely nothing wrong! Well, except for getting jealous of Ryan. That's just stupid.

And HSM Taylor is nothing but an instigator.

He had every right to get jealous of Ryan.. Ryan ate Gabriella's mom's brownies.

but seriously Troy-- why so jealous really? Gabriella had more of a case about being jealous of Sharpay.

I was glad atleast Kelsi was the level-headed one & still nice to Troy, she didn't get all caught up in Petty Ass Reasons.

• Like 4

I know you've all moved onto HSM 2 and 3, but I want to quickly go backwards to the decathlon in HSM 1 - what could they have possibly snuck into the classroom that caused them to evacuate immediately? It also seemed odd that not only were they able to be on their computer during the competition but also set up a beaker with a bunsen burner that no one seemed to be near.

Also - did anyone find it weirdly brutal of Taylor to break Gabriella's heart - the girl is in tears - and she's causally just asking her if she wants to go to lunch? They've known each other what, a week?

• Like 5

you can do a 7 day trial of the Starz app--and even can do it thru Amazon's streaming...just saying... (unless you've already done that)

• Like 4

I was glad atleast Kelsi was level-headed one & was still nice to Troy, she didn't get all caught up in Petty Ass Reasons.

That's because Kelsi is the second best part of this series.

Behind her hats.

• Like 4

Not to mention that the computer says it's "recieving" Wi-Fi when they set Troy up in the first one. You'd think those Academic Decathlon nerds would've caught that*

At the actual decathlon championship, after they show Taylor's laptop screen sending the "wi-fi signal" to the basketball scoreboard, the camera pans across a bunch of cables/wires as if to demonstrate these signals are travelling through ethernet cables.

• Like 6

Also - did anyone find it weirdly brutal of Taylor to break Gabriella's heart - the girl is in tears - and she's causally just asking her if she wants to go to lunch? They've known each other what, a week?

I feel like Taylor straight up hates Troy or has some sort of backstory to dislike him so much.

She was kind of making fun of cheerleaders & other girls who had crushes on Troy, sets Troy up in the first one too to make him break Gabriella's heart..and in HSM 2 she's the one planting the idea about Troy flirting with Sharpay..

• Like 4

you can do a 7 day trial of the Starz app--and even can do it thru Amazon's streaming...just saying... (unless you've already done that)

I already played that card for a HDTGM movie...:(

• Like 2

I know you've all moved onto HSM 2 and 3, but I want to quickly go backwards to the decathlon in HSM 1 - what could they have possibly snuck into the classroom that caused them to evacuate immediately? It also seemed odd that not only were they able to be on their computer during the competition but also set up a beaker with a bunsen burner that no one seemed to be near.

I'm guessing ammonia gas. You only need concentrated ammonium hydroxide to produce the gas. Maybe it was blue because they used whatever cleaning solution they found?

• Like 3