🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

I guess we know where Fister was that night.

I guess we know who Tom is now...

monique-coleman-high-school-musical-hand-on-hip.gif

• Like 6

Totally OT but I love the below GIF because there's one guy in the top left who is not applauding. I want to know where this came from but am scared to at the same time. I don't want to destroy the magic.

17967-Audience-Clapping-Gif.gif

Almost the exact opposite of this GIF

4oHoH6W.gif

• Like 6

Almost the exact opposite of this GIF

4oHoH6W.gif

I didn't even realize it was a gif at first

• Like 6

I didn't even realize it was a gif at first

I love the imaginary narrative through this:

RDJ: "If that fucking PRICK beats me again I'm going to slow-clap all through his speech. I will! I WILL! Want to dare me? What are they going to do, throw me out? I don't care! I'm Iron Man!"

• Like 5

twenty some odd years ago when I was in HS it was very simple 4 classes in the fall/winter, 4 classes in the Winter/spring you had to take (math, science, English, "social studies") then we had 3 electives. Sometimes the electives only went 9 weeks (like driver's ed) and sometimes they went 18.

the only "free" period I can remember is Jr and Senior year, we could take college classes or you could skip last period and go to work.

• Like 4

More IMBD trivia I found interesting--since I watched Degrassi in jr. high/ some of HS:

Disney Channel executives and producers originally wanted Cassie Steele to play Gabriella after seeing her in another Disney Channel original movie Full-Court Miracle (2003). She auditioned several times and had a screen test, and was cast as Gabriella. However, the fifth season of her TV show Degrassi: The Next Generation (2001) seriously conflicted with the filming of this movie, so Steele had to drop out.

Manny from Degrassi? I think she definitely could've been a better Gabriella. She would have brought more to it than Hudgens.. she was painful most of the time to watch.

I wonder if she was in HSM instead if her career would've been bigger than it is now (except now found out she's the voice of Tammy in Rick and Morty--I do like R&M)

Did anyone else watch Degrassi?

• Like 3

More IMBD trivia I found interesting--since I watched Degrassi in jr. high/ some of HS:

Manny from Degrassi?--I think she definitely could've been a better Gabriella. She would have brought more to it than Hudgens.. she was painful most of the time to watch.

I wonder if she was in HSM instead if her career would've been a bit bigger than it is now. (except now found out she's the voice of Tammy in Rick and Morty)

I live 10 minutes drive from Degrassi Street! Toronto rep!

And yes, of course, but only the early ones - Kids of Degrassi Street, Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High... oh how I loved Caitlyn.

• Like 4

I have a lot of feelings about Degrassi

RIP JT

• Like 1

I live 10 minutes drive from Degrassi Street! Toronto rep!

And yes, of course, but only the early ones - Kids of Degrassi Street, Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High... oh how I loved Caitlyn.

Next gen was my shit, but it did still have Caitlyn, Snake, Spike, Joey, (think maybe I'm forgetting couple others) from the original--but in this they were the adults/parents of the kids at Degrassi "next gen". I did watch a good amount of Degrassi High later cause it was on Amazon for awhile (still may be?) and I did like their "adult characters" so I was interested in seeing the OG crew.

I have a lot of feelings about Degrassi

RIP JT

oh man, I almost forgot about that.

200.gif#8-grid1

• Like 2

It's an international franchise, it seems...

Argentine version: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Musical:_El_Desaf%C3%ADo

Brazilian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Musical:_O_Desafio

Chinese: (no wiki page)

But the Chinese title (歌舞青春) apparently translates to 'Singing and Dancing Youth', which is likely a better title.

Also, there was a national arena tour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Musical:_The_Concert

• Like 5

Shit guys, keep this up and Scotty Auks will give you your own show.

How's your radio voice?

On Howl and Stitcher Premium ;)

• Like 2

Jeez dudes and dames, I must commend you all for the Epic Postings on this movie. I also must apologize for my lack of participation besides Lurking and Liking your posts (I've read this whole thread, pretty much). I had to work all day Monday and was just never able to catch up to your excellent commentary without finding another post that had already said my thoughts, only better. I will try to contribute next week I promissssssssse.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

This is libel! "Bet on It" isn't even a dance for two people! "Bop to the Top" on the other hand...Yeah, we did that.

Bop-to-the-Top-ashley-tisdale-38066683-245-145.gif

• Like 7

This is libel! "Bet on It" isn't even a dance for two people! "Bop to the Top" on the other hand...Yeah, we did that.

Bop-to-the-Top-ashley-tisdale-38066683-245-145.gif

I looked FINE in that blue dress. Cameron does hats better than me.

• Like 7

I looked FINE in that blue dress. Cameron does hats better than me.

More than "fine" if you ask me...

• Like 7

Are we done with HSM and moved entirely onto The Farts of the Furious? Or is there more to be said? I have more points to make but don't want to be seen as beating a dead horse.

Speaking of beating a dead horse:

Let's talk about the first scene of the movie!

I'm curious about what this is. Because it's New Year's eve, and the first time we meet these characters it's in this super chi-chi looking ski resort, so our immediate assumption is that these are preppy rich kids, right? The place has its own basketball court and enough lodges to segregate kids from adults. But in HSM123 Troy's dad plays the poor card and says that if Troy doesn't get a scholarship he can't go to school. What? Not even the shitty state university that's haunted? Surely tuition there costs about as much as, oh, I don't know, A WEEK AT A SKI LODGE FOR A FAMILY OF THREE IN THE HIGH SEASON?

Similarly, Gabriella's mother is bumped from job to job, which suggests that she's doing it tough, but they're at this fancy place too. Why are they there? Is this really the best way to acclimatise to a new state? Go skiing?

Also. Where are they? The conspiracy theorists out there have noted that they are at Sky Mountain Ski Resort, which is either in Montana or doesn't exist (almost certainly the second one). But where are they? There are plenty of mountains in New Mexico, so it's feasible that they're not far from home, but the impression I got was that they were in Aspen or Vail or something, which makes the coincidence of them being in the same homeroom INSANE.

The way it's set up (in a hangover from 'Grease 3') is that the ski holiday is their version of '

', but that's set in the same town as Rydell, so it's not a crazy thing that Sandy ends up at the same school. If it's at an Albuquerque ski hill (apparently there are a few) then why are they staying there and not going home? Are they so rich that they must vacation close to home?

And then in the second movie, Troybriella are both super alienated by the Country Club lifestyle, BUT THEY MET AT A SKI RESORT.

#alsoeveryonelivesinmansions

• Like 6