🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

Maybe the writers had both be "away" from home turf so they don't run into their respective friends.

Also, does Gabriella have a father?

• Like 4

Sharpay says she's been in 17 school productions at East High, and she's a junior. There are professional rep companies that don't produce that often!

• Like 4

Why can't she be on vacation? It's Winter Break. I don't think that's unreasonable, especially if you have the means to do it. You pay the movers while you're away, and when you get back, your house is set up.

I guess I just don't have a problem with the fact that they end up at the same school. True story: I met a girl a long time ago. When we first met, we connected based on the fact we had lived in the same town (different from the place we met) and had the same guitar teacher. We lost connection, but ended up at the same college (same state, different city). We lost touch again. I moved to a small town in a different state. One day, I'm passing the frozen section of my local grocery store and who should I run into...

Turns out, she had moved here with her husband after college. This is like a one in a billion coincidence! Turns out my little town was exactly halfway between her work and his family.

My point is, that happened in real life! That's fucking weird. So I can buy they both ended up at the same (very popular) family ski resort.

you really are a Gabriella

200.gif#23-grid1

• Like 5

Sharpay says she's been in 17 school productions at East High, and she's a junior. There are professional rep companies that don't produce that often!

Maybe they're short. Like One Act or a couple minutes long?

• Like 2

Also, does Gabriella have a father?

I know she mentions learning the "waltz" with her dad when she was little...when her and Troy were dancing in the roof garden in #3? But I too wondered where he was or why we hadn't seen him (unless I missed something somewhere)

• Like 4

Oh my god, guys. I don't even have time to catch up, we have a convention we're preparing for next weekend. I'm glad my pick was enjoyable at least!

• Like 6

I know she mentions learning the "waltz" with her dad when she was little...when her and Troy were dancing in the roof garden in #3? But I too wondered where he was or why we hadn't seen him (unless I missed something somewhere)

If she was from San Diego before, maybe that means her dad's a Marine...

• Like 3

If she was from San Diego before, maybe that means her dad's a Marine...

Now we just need a HSM/Hurt Locker crossover Very Special Episode.

• Like 4

Now we just need a HSM/Hurt Locker crossover Very Special Episode.

Are you quoting yourself now?

• Like 3

Oh my god, guys. I don't even have time to catch up, we have a convention we're preparing for next weekend. I'm glad my pick was enjoyable at least!

Yes it was. I have always avoided watching these & probably never would have watched on my own.

While I did not love these.. it did lead me to the Efron insane, angry, prance-dancing---which I enjoyed greatly, lol

So thanks for that! :)

• Like 3

Anyone notice that the musical they're all auditioning for is called 'Twinkle Towne'? With characters called Arnold and Minnie? Does this honestly sound like something Kelsi would have written?

I googled 'Twinkle Towne' and found this very amusing slideshow:

http://tvline.com/2016/01/20/high-school-musical-anniversary-photos-twinkle-towne-plot-explained/

• Like 4

Maybe they're short. Like One Act or a couple minutes long?

How much time do you think that would take to develop?

• Like 2

How much time do you think that would take to develop?

As long as it takes to fart one out.

• Like 3

Who the hell is sitting backstage ready to fly a giant moon in during their audition?

sub-buzz-4301-1485144677-1.jpg

• Like 4

The second movie just started as next one cued up so my kids begged me to let them watch the 'Summertime' song. And in it, Ms Darbus has to wake Jason up who's fallen asleep in the classroom AFTER the final bell of the school year. I'm concerned he has a serious narcoleptic disorder.

• Like 4

Is there any reason they need to set this story in New Mexico? I mean not to crap on New Mexico or anything but do we need that information? Does it pertain to the plot in anyway? The only thing I can think of is that I know depending on where in Texas you are, it's not that uncommon to drive to Colorado for vacation. New Mexico, if I remember my geography, is also close to Colorado right? Is this to explain that they drove to the resort in the beginning thus saving money so they can still be lower income families? Otherwise I just don't get why we need that information.

• Like 5

Is there any reason they need to set this story in New Mexico? I mean not to crap on New Mexico or anything but do we need that information? Does it pertain to the plot in anyway? The only thing I can think of is that I know depending on where in Texas you are, it's not that uncommon to drive to Colorado for vacation. New Mexico, if I remember my geography, is also close to Colorado right? Is this to explain that they drove to the resort in the beginning thus saving money so they can still be lower income families? Otherwise I just don't get why we need that information.

No, because Troy's mom said that they flew 'all the way there', so that means it's not that close. I would guess that NM was chosen for perma-summer?

• Like 3

No, because Troy's mom said that they flew 'all the way there', so that means it's not that close. I would guess that NM was chosen for perma-summer?

True. Following the time line of this story the movie should be taking place in January right?

• Like 3

Plus, all 3 were shot it in Utah. Why not just say they live in Utah?

• Like 4

Plus, all 3 were shot it in Utah. Why not just say they live in Utah?

Have you ever been to Utah? It's the worst.

• Like 4

Have you ever been to Utah? It's the worst.

I drove through it once, on my way to California.

• Like 3

I drove through it once, on my way to California.

That's the best way to experience it.

• Like 3