🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

Nah, what I like most about you is your innocence at missing my very immature dick joke.

It was so small I missed it entirely

• Like 5

Nah, what I like most about you is your innocence at missing my very immature dick joke.

But, yeah, Moby Dick is a great novel :)/>

Literary dick jokes are the most high brow of dick jokes.

• Like 3

It was so small I missed it entirely

lfoC8HjUQlQT6.gif

• Like 5

Yeah I was mostly joking about the coach salary thing. I mean, HS football coaches make a good living in places like Texas, but that's an exception. Most don't get paid for extracurriculars, they get paid to teach and the coaching stuff is 'service'. My wife's a music teacher but because she's in an alternative school she doesn't have to do things like band and orchestra: if she was in a mainstream school she'd have to do all that (including the school play) out of the goodness of her heart.

There's no way Troy's dad isn't the gym teacher too. No way.

Even in Texas a lot of coaches just get a stipend for the semester ($1,000 -$4000 usually for the semester, from what I recall) but they also usually teach something. Only know this because I worked for a mortgage company on their TX team (still in mortgage biz now)..so I'd see peoples paystubs and main part of my job was to verify peoples employment. And we had a lot of borrowers who were teachers/coaches, etc / have seen a lot of their salaries.

I remember since I was surprised how little some were paid--because I knew how big of a deal HS football is in TX.

• Like 4

Is NM a big basketball state? Where high schools would pay a big salary to a coach?

Kateacola, you're from Arizona and that is next to New Mexico so is Arizona a big basketball state? Or is this not how states and sports work?

• Like 4

Kateacola, you're from Arizona and that is next to New Mexico so is Arizona a big basketball state? Or is this not how states and sports work?

Haha. Well I guess what I was meaning was does NM have colleges & universities that are known for their basketball teams.

• Like 4

Haha. Well I guess what I was meaning was by does NM have colleges & universities that are known for their basketball teams.

Hey, Kate! Just realised that if you're in Arizona...

Are you a Wildcat?!?!

What team!

BEAR DOWN!

• Like 4

Do you think the team was named the Wildcats in the script or that's just the name of the team at the school they shot at and decided to run with it? If that's not the case kudos for spending a chuck of your budget on a wildcat statue to sit in the background of scenes.

• Like 3

Thank you, Jammer, for the great pick!

(Psst, one more post will do it)

• Like 6

CakeBug, can you hear that? I believe that's the sound of the music being stopped.

• Like 6

Out of curiosity, do gym teachers and/ or coaches usually have offices in the middle of the locker room? Isn't that a little inconvenient if the opposite gender student or teacher needs to talk to you?

My school had a separate area for teachers, but we also had a pool, a gymnastics gym and a rock climbing wall as well. They loved PE there

• Like 3

Hey, Kate! Just realised that if you're in Arizona...

Are you a Wildcat?!?!

What team!

BEAR DOWN!

Actually--yes I am :) UofA graduate here.

• Like 3

Actually--yes I am :) UofA graduate here.

Ha ha! Nice! I guest taught at the U of A in Tucson for a little bit a few years ago, in the theatre department, and worked on a play at the observatory there. Bear down!

• Like 4

Okay guys, I'm exhausted from trying to haul the twitching corpse of this thread over the Village People. Time to go flake out for a bit. Congrats on our big win!

Scheer, if you're lurking, you could do us all a big favour and congratulate us on the biggest thread ever, in the next mini. Just sayin.

• Like 8

Ha ha! Nice! I guest taught at the U of A in Tucson for a little bit a few years ago, in the theatre department, and worked on a play at the observatory there. Bear down!

No way? I love UofA's campus.. the rest of Tucson is a different story haha.. there's some great things about it, but there are also some very sketchy parts. I have many stories...

But definitely a proud wildcat here!

I have lived in in the Phoenix area most of my life--but I did not want to be an ASU SCUMdevil, lol.

I did come right back to Phoenix after I graduated though.

• Like 3

Out of curiosity, do gym teachers and/ or coaches usually have offices in the middle of the locker room? Isn't that a little inconvenient if the opposite gender student or teacher needs to talk to you?

My school had a separate area for teachers, but we also had a pool, a gymnastics gym and a rock climbing wall as well. They loved PE there

There is a lot in the past couple of hours! But i can answer this, at least in my school our gym teacher did have an office in the locker room. However it was at the door to the locker room and not at the ass end.

Also, this is my first real MM thread and it broke records. Whoop there it is

• Like 5

Also, ya'll Kansas is the worst. We were like the beta test run for Trumpakistain policies.

I too wondered about the why New Meixo thing and why not Utah. Maybe the writer was from Albuquerque and decided to write it in. True story, the town I grew up in was randomly mentioned in an episode of Just Shoot Me (Wendi Malick's character was supposed to be from here) and an episode of My Nmae Is Earl. If this were a historical town or even a semi major one in Kansas I'd be like "okay" but its not. Come to find out a writer who worked on both shows was from this little town of 5000 people and just wrote it in. I do things like that too. In ones of my plays I needed the names of two doctors, so I just wrote the names of my childhood doctors.

• Like 6

I guess I just don't have a problem with the fact that they end up at the same school. True story: I met a girl a long time ago. When we first met, we connected based on the fact we had lived in the same town (different from the place we met) and had the same guitar teacher. We lost connection, but ended up at the same college (same state, different city). We lost touch again. I moved to a small town in a different state. One day, I'm passing the frozen section of my local grocery store and who should I run into...

P1020303.180141247_large.JPG

• Like 7

Dan should come in and delete all the posts that were wasted just talking about whether or not we'd beat the other thread....just to knock Cakebug down a bit. Because that's the only fun I have in life.

Speaking of which, have you heard of this travesty? It was an answer at trivia this week...

http://www.emojidick.com/

• Like 6

Speaking of which, have you heard of this travesty? It was an answer at trivia this week...

http://www.emojidick.com/

But..why?

I've been doing bar trivia once every weekend the last month or so.. and actually MM (and some of my other musical knowledge) has come in handy lately! There was a Cabaret question a couple weeks ago. It was something along the lines of where it took place (Berlin).

MM is upping my trivia game.

• Like 6

Dan should come in and delete all the posts that were wasted just talking about whether or not we'd beat the other thread....just to knock Cakebug down a bit. Because that's the only fun I have in life.

If we did that, he'd have to delete all the posts in the 'Can't Stop the Music' thread that have nothing to do with that episode. That'd take care of, oh, two hundred posts. We absolutely came by this record honestly: 95% of our posts were all about HSM.

giphy.gif

• Like 7