🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

If we did that, he'd have to delete all the posts in the 'Can't Stop the Music' thread that have nothing to do with that episode. That'd take care of, oh, two hundred posts. We absolutely came by this record honestly: 95% of our posts were all about HSM.

giphy.gif

Nope. It's not because they're off topic. It's because I like to see you sad.

• Like 5

But..why?

I've been doing bar trivia once every weekend the last month or so.. and actually MM (and some of my other musical knowledge) has come in handy lately! There was a Cabaret question a couple weeks ago. It was something along the lines of where it took place (Berlin).

MM is upping my trivia game.

Across the Universe has come up more than once.

It's not okay...

• Like 7

Nope. It's not because they're off topic. It's because I like to see you sad.

I'm Australian AND Canadian, a combination of the two happiest countries in the world. I'm never sad!

• Like 7

Today I had a long talk with my mother so you know what that means. It's time for the Ted Neeley Handsome Report!

"Have you ever heard of High School Musical?"

"Like the ones you were in?"

"No, it's a Disney movie."

"Never heard of it."

"Do you know Zach Efron?"

"No. If they're younger than you and your sister and weren't on one of your shows I don't know who they are."

"He's gotten pretty famous lately. He was in that Matthew McConahaughey Nicole Kidman movie a few years ago. I'll show you a picture."

"Not interested. I'm old, I don't want to think about people younger than you that way."

• Like 8

Today I had a long talk with my mother so you know what that means. It's time for the Ted Neeley Handsome Report!

"Have you ever heard of High School Musical?"

"Like the ones you were in?"

"No, it's a Disney movie."

"Never heard of it."

"Do you know Zach Efron?"

"No. If they're younger than you and your sister and weren't on one of your shows I don't know who they are."

"He's gotten pretty famous lately. He was in that Matthew McConahaughey Nicole Kidman movie a few years ago. I'll show you a picture."

"Not interested. I'm old, I don't want to think about people younger than you that way."

You're mother is simply the best.

• Like 6

So...a few more things. Bop to the Top was an earworm over the weekend and I rewatched the scene on YouTube.

1) Kelsi seems bored and annoyed, checking a watch and shaking her head. Why? It's her song! Did she not write a Latin song and Sharpay & Ryan gave it a Latin arrangement?

2) Related to that, did their parents pay for a professional backing track? If the song is exactly as Kelsi wrote it then it seems unlikely Ms. Darbus would have cared enough to have a backing track made for auditions.

3) The song at the end says "'Til we reach the top" but only Sharpay is at the top of the ladder. Ryan doesn't climb until after she starts even though he was at the ladder first. Sharpay even literally "bops" him on the head and he drops a rung or two. Is that just Sharpay being "I'm the star" or is that part of the closeting of Ryan? He can't be the star until he comes to grips with who he is?

• Like 6

Also, congrats everyone and especially kateacola! Nice to have the record set by a positive thread, particularly when it's not related to a podcast episode.

• Like 7

Also, congrats everyone and especially kateacola JammerLea! Nice to have the record set by a positive thread, particularly when it's not related to a podcast episode.

Fixed it for you ;)

• Like 5

Also, congrats everyone and especially kateacola! Nice to have the record set by a positive thread, particularly when it's not related to a podcast episode.

Fixed it for you ;)

tenor.gif

• Like 7

So...a few more things. Bop to the Top was an earworm over the weekend and I rewatched the scene on YouTube.

1) Kelsi seems bored and annoyed, checking a watch and shaking her head. Why? It's her song! Did she not write a Latin song and Sharpay & Ryan gave it a Latin arrangement?

2) Related to that, did their parents pay for a professional backing track? If the song is exactly as Kelsi wrote it then it seems unlikely Ms. Darbus would have cared enough to have a backing track made for auditions.

3) The song at the end says "'Til we reach the top" but only Sharpay is at the top of the ladder. Ryan doesn't climb until after she starts even though he was at the ladder first. Sharpay even literally "bops" him on the head and he drops a rung or two. Is that just Sharpay being "I'm the star" or is that part of the closeting of Ryan? He can't be the star until he comes to grips with who he is?

Correction to #1. Kelsi is checking the watch to see what's taking Troy and Gabriella so long. It mutes her irritation but she outright is miffed in a close-up later.

Just found this as a related video on YouTube. Guest-star: Sharpay (At least I assume it's Ashley Tisdale based on the video watermark). Spoiler alert: She winds up on the top of the ladder AGAIN!

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 4

Correction: Tisdale was a regular on Suite Life of Zack and Cody. IIRC (I have a sister that is 20 years younger then me, I do remember watching this show with her some and I vaguely remember this episdoe), it was a promotion thing for HSM2. So not "guest starring Sharpey" Starring Sharpey

• Like 3

Fixed it for you ;)

Uhhhh Cinco was just delayed-congratulating me on my awesome pick of Pete's Dragon.

And..

200.gif#8-grid1

(this is aggressive, but it is the Rock.. since it is F&F week, I went with it)

• Like 10

Guys, this is becoming a problem. Yesterday a HSM song (What I've Been Looking For) came up on my iTunes on random, and I... let it play through. And quite enjoyed it. And woke up this morning humming it. And played it for my kids who danced around and loved it. I think I... might quite like HSM now. :(

• Like 5

Guys, this is becoming a problem. Yesterday a HSM song (What I've Been Looking For) came up on my iTunes on random, and I... let it play through. And quite enjoyed it. And woke up this morning humming it. And played it for my kids who danced around and loved it. I think I... might quite like HSM now. :(

First of all, which version: Sharpay & Ryan or Gabriella & Troy?

Secondly, I listened to the entire soundtrack on the treadmill the other day. The time flew by.

• Like 7

First of all, which version: Sharpay & Ryan or Gabriella & Troy?

Secondly, I listened to the entire soundtrack on the treadmill the other day. The time flew by.

It was Sharpay and Ryan's version - much peppier. This thing is catchy as fuck. Gotta say, Jammer, this is the pick that keeps on giving.

• Like 5

It was Sharpay and Ryan's version - much peppier. This thing is catchy as fuck. Gotta say, Jammer, this is the pick that keeps on giving.

Did you end up watching the Sharpay movie?

• Like 4

Did you end up watching the Sharpay movie?

Not yet. If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come. The readiness is all. Since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes? Let be.

• Like 5

I was catching up TV today and I was watching an episode of one of my favourite shows Ame Talk. Every week there is a different topic and they bring on a handful of comedians or celebrities to talk about, tell stories, or do whatever the topic of the week is. So the the episode I missed the topic was "Comedians who can't dance"(literally "Comedians who don't want to dance"). At the very end of the episode they decide to make a mini-musical and guess what they decided to use as their inspiration?

http://dai.ly/x5kbpir?start=2829

• Like 2

I was catching up TV today and I was watching an episode of one of my favourite shows Ame Talk. Every week there is a different topic and they bring on a handful of comedians or celebrities to talk about, tell stories, or do whatever the topic of the week is. So the the episode I missed the topic was "Comedians who can't dance"(literally "Comedians who don't want to dance"). At the very end of the episode they decide to make a mini-musical and guess what they decided to use as their inspiration?

http://dai.ly/x5kbpir?start=2829

Link doesn't work in the US.

Link doesn't work in the US.

Ah, boo. I'll look to see if I can find another.

A friend of mine out in LA is doing some temp assisting for a casting director this week and just filled me in that Ashley Tisdale is on the books for tomorrow.

I gave her two questions to ask

1. Why do the twins always try out for parts of lovers?

2. Just in general like why????????

• Like 6

Update:

She just texted me and said Ashley is not really a conversationalist. She wasn't really given much to work with and ended up talking about the weather this weekend lol. Even then Ashley only said, "I hope it's sunny."

• Like 7

Also: I'm 99% sure my five year old is going to pick 'Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure' as her Friday night movie pick this week. I'll report back when I have information.

• Like 6

So I was catching up on Project Runway seasons last weekend.

Talking about Tisdale reminded me that I wanted to share, but forgot..

Tisdale was a guest judge! I was a little surprised the judges thought this one was in the top (compared to some others):

pr14-ep2-episode32-blake.jpg?resize=360%2C606

But not that surprised that Tisdale loved it, cause I thought it was right up Sharpay's alley, lol.

It doesn't look as sparkly in this pic, but it was super sparkly.

EDIT: we hit 600 posts in this thread

• Like 4