🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

tumblr_mrqoajdcQZ1sfvoxeo1_500.gif

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE-ROLLED

pxD1_f-maxage-0.gif

• Like 7

I must hate it the most, because I knew you were referring to AoU. It has problems, but still better than AtU.

The only thing I can say is that I (reluctantly) watched AtU twice. I can't say the same for AoU which is still at one and a half viewings...

• Like 3

The only thing I can say is that I (reluctantly) watched AtU twice. I can't say the same for AoU which is still at one and a half viewings...

Crap, I've watched AtU more than AoU. Maybe that's why I hate AtU more.

• Like 4

Cameron, talking to Jim Sturgess on his TV screen, huddled under a blanket, hoping no one can hear...

nBgjs3.gif

• Like 5

I've watched it at home a couple times. I skip all the parts where they are at the stupid farmhouse, and it's a much better movie.

• Like 4

Cameron, talking to Jim Sturgess on his TV screen, huddled under a blanket, hoping no one can hear...

nBgjs3.gif

...or I did it because you picked a shitty movie and I felt sorry for you! Ever think of that?

See.gif

• Like 5

Question about HSM 2: shouldn't Troy have been at basketball camp or be doing something else to get him noticed by college scouts/coaches? He told Gabriella that unless he got a basketball scholarship, he would have to pay for college himself, right? So that's why he wanted that summer job? It was basically a fluke that he made basketball connections at the country club at his summer job.

• Like 5

...or I did it because you picked a shitty movie and I felt sorry for you! Ever think of that?

See.gif

Hey, it takes a brave man to make a brave pick. That's why tomspanks, kateacola and I can enter here, heads high, for picking difficult, troubling musicals rather than just going safe with 'West Side Story' or something else that's... ugh... GOOD. ;)

Months later and you're all still mad at AtU. And to that I say...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Hey, it takes a brave man to make a brave pick. That's why tomspanks, kateacola and I can enter here, heads high, for picking difficult, troubling musicals rather than just going safe with 'West Side Story' or something else that's... ugh... GOOD.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

giphy.gif

Hey! I was tossing you a lifeline for picking what's still widely agreed to be the worst MM pick so far!

bakedbeans.gif

Put on a spoiler tag to save Taylor's delicate stomach.

• Like 5

Hey! I was tossing you a lifeline for picking what's still widely agreed to be the worst MM pick so far!

Put on a spoiler tag to save Taylor's delicate stomach.

Kid-Throws-Foul-Ball-Back-GIF.gif

• Like 6

When and why did Chad and Ryan swap clothes after the baseball game?!?

• Like 4

When and why did Chad and Ryan swap clothes after the baseball game?!?

They don't say. Maybe it's in the DVD commentary.

• Like 5

Question about HSM 2: shouldn't Troy have been at basketball camp or be doing something else to get him noticed by college scouts/coaches? He told Gabriella that unless he got a basketball scholarship, he would have to pay for college himself, right? So that's why he wanted that summer job? It was basically a fluke that he made basketball connections at the country club at his summer job.

Yeah, I thought about that, too. Because even if he had a good summer job that paid a shitload (for a summer job), I seriously doubt he was going to afford a university just off of his summer job.

So, assuming they're talking about New Mexico State University when his dad is pressuring him about the scholarships, it would be $11,791 for a year of school if he doesn't live on campus (I can't remember if they talk about his living arrangements or not). But if he DOES live on campus, that cost nearly doubles! How the fuck is this dude gonna earn $24k in 3 months at a summer job?

Also, none of that matters because in HSM 3 (currently on Starz if any of you have that...), he ends up going to UC Berkeley, which is twice as expensive as New Mexico State!

• Like 6

Also, none of that matters because in HSM 3 (currently on Starz if any of you have that...), he ends up going to UC Berkeley, which is twice as expensive as New Mexico State!

I did watch HSM 3 last night, since I have Starz app and saw it was on there.

I should have stopped after 2.

• Like 4

UC Berkeley?! They don't have a top tier college basketball program, do they?

• Like 4

UC Berkeley?! They don't have a top tier college basketball program, do they?

I'm going to put this in spoiler tags because I don't want to "ruin" it for anyone that might plan on watching it...

He goes there so he can do basketball and drama AND be 30ish miles from Gabriella, who is attending Stanford.

I did watch HSM 3 last night, since I have Starz app and saw it was on there.

I should have stopped after 2.

For. Real.

The graduation scene was good for some laughs, though. It's like a high school dropout badly described a graduation to the writers in a language they didn't understand, and then the writers dictated it to their dogs.

It's completely bananas.

• Like 6

I'm going to put this in spoiler tags because I don't want to "ruin" it for anyone that might plan on watching it...

He goes there so he can do basketball and drama AND be 30ish miles from Gabriella, who is attending Stanford.

For. Real.

The graduation scene was good for some laughs, though. It's like a high school dropout badly described a graduation to the writers in a language they didn't understand, and then the writers dictated it to their dogs.

It's completely bananas.

ETA: The media link didn't work. The relevant part starts at 1:36.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 4

In HSM3, Sharpay looked so different to me. Turns out she had a rhinoplasty between HSM2 and HSM3. Not snarking on plastic surgery. A nose job really changes a face, huh.

• Like 5

For. Real.

It's completely bananas.

Absolutely. I've never heard of a high school graduation where the top, say, seven students announce their university major to the amazement and joy of everyone in the room (including their parents, who seem oblivious to their choices).

I've also auditioned for Juilliard. That's not how you get in. (hint: it's stupidly hard to get in, they don't send scouts to watch high school shows)

Coming back to Troy's choice, the most bonkers thing is

that Stanford DOES have a division 1 basketball program AND a world-class theatre department. WHY didn't he just go there to be with Gabriella?

• Like 5

that Stanford DOES have a division 1 basketball program AND a world-class theatre department. WHY didn't he just go there to be with Gabriella?

I think we all know he didn't get in

• Like 5