🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
EarBear

In Time

Just putting this on on the Radar - from all the ads I've watched, it looks like an insultingly heavy handed pile of shit sci-fi piece where people get rich with time instead of money. Somehow that translates into 100 year old people still looking like they're 25, so it's really all an excuse to have a bunch of no-more-than 30 year olds wandering around the entire film. Olivia Wilde plays Justin Timberlake's mom. So I guess it is all a sci-fi ode to incest... I might be off base on this one, though - I'm up for a dialogue on it...

The dialogue is terrible. Instead of acting, Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried and Olivia Wilde spend a majority of their time running.

Just watched this. Seems like something that would be easy to tear apart...

Twenty minutes into In Time was the funniest death scene I've seen in 2011.

40 million dollars, and as far as i can tell, it was all spent on spoon feeding me a political philosophy and making Amanda Seyfried look uncharacteristically attractive while running around for 90 minutes.

"In Time" could be a 2-part special, there is so much to talk about. To be fair, though, I am still watching it. I started watching it a week ago, but have only been able to sit through about 10 minutes at a time before having to shut it off out of shear frustration with its abject stupidity. PLEASE do this movie!

The plot holes in this movie are MADDENING

The premise is only interesting for 10 minutes and then you start to think about it and then the "Whaaaaaat?!"s start happening all too frequently.

• Like 1

Whoa, how did this get by without my notice? Justin Timberlake? A plagerism lawsuit? A box office SMASH (worldwide, at least)? Praise from Roger Ebert? Sounds good to me.

SPOILER ALERT lol

this scene you guys...

tumblr_m2abimDD5d1rpzolho1_250.gif

this bonkers shit happens in like, the first 10 minutes. I just. I can't.

Time travel.. you either embrace it and stick to the rules.. but then you get a film not unlike Primer (totally awesome movie but bonkers hard to get your head around even after 3 viewings and a timeline drawing)

or you say bugger it... lets keep it real simple and you get movies like 'Time after Time' and 'The Timetravelers Wife'..

and then you get the 'just because we said so' where its all a mess of paradoxical ideas that they just ignore. You have to buy a lot of good will for those to work i.e. Star Trek episodes.

But that's the thing Mark, there is NO time travel involved in this movie!

The people are just...clocks.

The first minute of the movie JT does a voiceover that says, "I don't know how or why things got this way... they just...are."

liz-lemon-eye-roll.gif

SPOILER ALERT lol

this scene you guys...

tumblr_m2abimDD5d1rpzolho1_250.gif

this bonkers shit happens in like, the first 10 minutes. I just. I can't.

I watched this movie a couple of nights ago, and I DIED laughing at that scene. It was so hilarious and ridiculously over the top... as soon as the scene started, I thought "Oh no... they aren't going to do THAT, are they!??".

I think it was June that was mentioning in the Green Lantern episode about constantly watching fathers explode before their childrens eyes, and the starkness of it. Well, I think this scene takes that cake and swallows it whole.

• Like 2

There wasn't nearly enough time puns in this movie. I was watching, waiting to hear some music cues for Pink Floyd's Time, or David Bowie's Changes. You see the "TimeShare" sign in the background, and people say things like "I finally have enough time for this" or "I don't have the time for that"...

But all I wanted to hear was the Timekeeper (aka baby William Fitchner) say "You're living on borrowed time!"

Oooh.. well my bad. I only vaguely heard about the movie second-hand (tee-hee second-hand) and assumed it was time travel.. I might have to see if i can get a copy as now i am interested!

Damn you HDTGM forums! So many bad movies.. so little time.

I remember watching this movie, reaching the part where JT explains the arm wrestling thing his dad did, and thinking, "Wait... Do poor people just kill each other for sport in this movie?"

I also had trouble buying Cillian Murphy as a 27-year-old, as much as I like him as an actor. At the same time, I was surprised Mark Wahlberg didn't jump all over this movie for the chance to play another clearly-younger-than-his-actual-age character.

• Like 1

some talented actors, but the dialog is just so looney and tries extremely hard to make cutesy distractingly knowing "time" puns...

this would be a good on to do

MOD EDIT: Threads merged. Thank you Wien

THIS MOVIE IS NEXT LEVEL BONKERS.

Watched it last night and deeply regret voting for The Happening instead of this.

I will dissent and say I really enjoyed this. But I'm a sucker for Andrew Niccol dystopias. I wouldn't argue that there aren't problems, but I was entertained.

• Like 1

THIS MOVIE IS NEXT LEVEL BONKERS.

Watched it last night and deeply regret voting for The Happening instead of this.

You can vote for as many movies in the top 10 as you want.

I will dissent and say I really enjoyed this. But I'm a sucker for Andrew Niccol dystopias. I wouldn't argue that there aren't problems, but I was entertained.

Same here.

• Like 1

The idea of your lifespan being currency is so crazy I don't get how something like that could ever be popular enough to be implemented. Seems like even a bad deal for rich people... no more money, now your lifespan is your money and you drop dead when you run out of it, so in practice buying expensive things and living luxuriously is shortening your lifespan.

This still comes up in discussions I have with friends about bad movies. It's awful. Unintentionally hilarious and awful.

Sign in to follow this