🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
angelofmovies

Pinocchio (2002)

Roberto Benigni, who wrote, directed and starred in Life is Beautiful, followed his Oscar winning Holocaust film with his own vision of Pinocchio. Naturally. He cast himself, at 50 years old, as Pinocchio. It also contains a slightly homoerotic jail scene involving a lollipop. The American version has Breckin Meyer doing the voice for the liviing puppet. More voices in the American version are John Cleese , Glen Close, Topher Grace, Eddie Griffin, Eric Idle, Kevin James, Queen Latifah, Cheech Marin, and Regis Philbin.

• Like 1

Yeah!!! I was going to suggest this as well but was a good soldier and checked previous posts first.

It's really perfect for HDTGM to watch an Oscar winner get complete artistic control over his dream project, and it's AWFUL and creepy.

Odds are none of the gang on the podast is friends with Roberto Benini, so we should be good on that front.

The dubbed version really blew as it still has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Please, HDTGM gods, make this one happen. Watched this on Netflix with the captions turned on, and it was fucking amazing - the captions didn't match up to the dubbed dialogue about half the time. And it wasn't just a little off, there were times where the meaning of the dialogue was substantially changed. This movie is so freaking insane I wouldn't know where to begin with it.

This is the film that killed Roberto Benigni's chances at Hollywood after winning the Oscar, and we haven't heard much from him since!

This is the film that killed Roberto Benigni's chances at Hollywood after winning the Oscar, and we haven't heard much from him since!

I think Benigni did that himself with his performance upon the announcement of his Oscar win.

Sign in to follow this