🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Episode 161.5 - Minisode 161.5

(Hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes here, but I figured there should be a thread for this...)

Stories from the Fast & Furious set, Cuban bread, and much more is covered on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Fate of the Furious, we hear Blake J. Harris interview Andy Gill, Jack Gill, and Spiro Razatos, the stunt coordinators for the Fast & Furious franchise (hear the whole thing in HDTGM: Origin Stories on Stitcher Premium), and Paul goes through the Mail Bag. Plus, you’ll find out which alien film we’ll be covering next week!

This episode is brought to you by Maria Bamford: Old Baby on Netflix and Casper Mattresses (www.casper.com/how).

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli...wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU.

June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

• Like 7

Anyone get a chance to check out this shit out?

The-Inhumans-y-Runaways-primer-vistazo-a-las-nuevas-series-de-Marvel_landscape.jpg

At first I was like, maybe it's just a lame picture. Maybe we got to see this in action. Then I found out Inhumans has the same showrunner as Iron Fist.

Elektra ("How are you today?"), I can hardly wait to read your Tumblr on - what is looking to be - an absolute clusterfuck.

• Like 3

At first I was like, maybe it's just a lame picture. Maybe we got to see this in action. Then I found out Inhumans has the same showrunner as Iron Fist.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I have so many questions...

• Like 3

Wow, Cameron H. taking the lead. Impressive.

tumblr_md94x2eMLY1r3eyr4o1_400.gif

• Like 4

I really want to make it my goal now to get Paul to read one of my "This Week in Feminism" posts. Or better yet if June came on as a guest again and read one. That would make my day.

• Like 6

Cool, my Rock Facts got mentioned.

• Like 5

The-Inhumans-y-Runaways-primer-vistazo-a-las-nuevas-series-de-Marvel_landscape.jpg

tenor.gif

The best thing I can say is I was never really that big into the Inhumans, so shouldn't be as painful as Iron First.

• Like 4

The best thing I can say is I was never really that big into the Inhumans, so shouldn't be as painful as Iron First.

True. But I read some around "War of Kings" and I really liked what I read. Not enough to hunt down back issues or anything, but I liked the concept. I would have really liked it as a movie. And I kind of would have liked Vin Diesel to play Black Bolt (as was rumored)

52333bd91a4ac.jpg

• Like 1

Gosh, first U2 then Mark Hamill...

Adam's trembling fingers just made my evening.

• Like 9

True. But I read some around "War of Kings" and I really liked what I read. Not enough to hunt down back issues or anything, but I liked the concept. I would have really liked it as a movie. And I kind of would have liked Vin Diesel to play Black Bolt (as was rumored)

War of Kings was good but then I'm kinda a sucker for all the cosmic Marvel stuff. I've been reading some of the current Inhuman books, and there are good elements overall but reads much like 90s X-Men, core members with history and new kinda meh characters everywhere. Vin Diesel would have been good, but that said I think Iwan Rheon is great casting for Maximus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7kT1JDdoJQ

Gosh, first U2 then Mark Hamill...

Adam's trembling fingers just made my evening.

You can see him trembling. That's what got me because you know it's real. Still would have been nice if Mark had gotten him a shirt.

• Like 9

War of Kings was good but then I'm kinda a sucker for all the cosmic Marvel stuff. I've been reading some of the current Inhuman books, and there are good elements overall but reads much like 90s X-Men, core members with history and new kinda meh characters everywhere. Vin Diesel would have been good, but that said I think Iwan Rheon is great casting for Maximus.

Personally, I would have loved to have seen Rufus Sewell as Maximus.

I am also a sucker of Marvel cosmic.

You can see him trembling. That's what got me because you know it's real. Still would have been nice if Mark had gotten him a shirt.

Yeah. I'm always very cynical about these things. Talk Shows feel so phony at this point, but when I saw his hands shaking like that I was like, "Oh, damn..."

Still, Mark should have brought a shirt...or some college girls.

• Like 5

War of Kings was good but then I'm kinda a sucker for all the cosmic Marvel stuff.

I am also a sucker of Marvel cosmic.

This is the second time I heard this today. The first was from my chiropractor.

• Like 4

Your chiropractor and Cam Bert should come over to my house, eat some Rice Krispie Treats, drink some Sunny D, and read comics.

We can all talk about how Sam Alexander can never truly replace Richard Rider.

250px-Nova1adigranov.jpg

• Like 5

This is the second time I heard this today. The first was from my chiropractor.

"We really need to focus on your L4, also are you familiar with the works of Jim Starlin?"

• Like 3

Your chiropractor and Cam Bert should come over to my house, eat some Rice Krispie Treats, drink some Sunny D, and read comics.

We can all talk about how Sam Alexander can never truly replace Richard Rider.

250px-Nova1adigranov.jpg

Man, early 2000s was the best! This Nova series, A&B's Guardians, Annihilation!!

• Like 1

Man, early 2000s was the best! This Nova series, A&B's Guardians, Annihilation!!

Over the past year, I've bought the Omnibus editions of Guardians of the Galaxy, Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, and War of Kings. I'm thinking real hard about getting the Road to War of Kings for my birthday coming up, but...I already have all the Guardians issues from their Omnibus. I don't know if I want to pay $72 dollars to get 12 repeat issues. However! It does collect the Novas from that era, so I might be persuaded ;)

• Like 2

When discussing the Bud Light vs. Bud Heavy replacement, Paul wonders if Fast and Furious had lost their Corona sponsorship. However, according to this Vanity Fair article, Corona was NEVER a sponsor of any Fast and Furious movies. They have never paid a "thin dime!" Moreover, the featured replacement beers (Budweiser and Stella Artois) are both owned by the same company, Anheuser-Busch.

Hope everyone found that as fascinating as I did!

• Like 2

Moreover, the featured replacement beers (Budweiser and Stella Artois) are both owned by the same company, Anheuser-Busch

Corona is distributed by Grupo Modelo, who was acquired by InBev-Anheuser Busch five years ago.

Over the past year, I've bought the Omnibus editions of Guardians of the Galaxy, Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, and War of Kings. I'm thinking real hard about getting the Road to War of Kings for my birthday coming up, but...I already have all the Guardians issues from their Omnibus. I don't know if I want to pay $72 dollars to get 12 repeat issues. However! It does collect the Novas from that era, so I might be persuaded ;)

It's all kinda blended together in my mind right now but allow me to sell you on why this Nova series was great. Through the events of Annihilation we finally see Richard Rider grow from regular Earth teen with powers to a mature hero. So where does the character go from there? Why he becomes Nova Prime with new found powers and the rebuilding of the Nova Corps he's now got to grow in different ways. The new Nova Corps tries to establish a Green Lateran like presence in the Marvel universe while throwing in a secret villain, some great resolution to his issues with his family, and it makes the events of the Thanos Imperative all that more tragic.

• Like 2

It's all kinda blended together in my mind right now but allow me to sell you on why this Nova series was great. Through the events of Annihilation we finally see Richard Rider grow from regular Earth teen with powers to a mature hero. So where does the character go from there? Why he becomes Nova Prime with new found powers and the rebuilding of the Nova Corps he's now got to grow in different ways. The new Nova Corps tries to establish a Green Lateran like presence in the Marvel universe while throwing in a secret villain, some great resolution to his issues with his family, and it makes the events of the Thanos Imperative all that more tragic.

Ha! No, no. I own the floppies already. It's like my favorite run ever. I just want them all in a lovely omnibus :)

• Like 2

Ha! No, no. I own the floppies already. It's like my favorite run ever. I just want them all in lovely omnibus :)

Oops, my bad.

But hopefully I sold it to somebody in the forums!

• Like 2

Oops, my bad.

But hopefully I sold it to somebody in the forums!

No, I was being unclear.

(Thanks, Repo!)

• Like 4

munsters-netflix.jpg

• Like 3

So we had a great response about the timeline of Dom's Baby but it leaves out Brian's family. He has a son in 6 and at the end of 7 the kid looks to be 3-4. How is Dom's child only 10 months? Was there an affair?

• Like 3