๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Cameron H.

Episode 161.5 - Minisode 161.5

i might have got abit carried away at the 2nd hand store this morning. i only went in with the hope they had my stepmother is an alien and BOOM!!!!!!

ย 

2yzidt1.jpg

ย 

Got some classic HDTGM fodder and some hopeful future proofing. all this for about 25 bucks.

ย 

dude behind the counter was like:

ย 

271ae63538f5c20c2bac91867f5d1970.jpg

ย 

didn't have the heart to tell him my name isn't nick ...

• Like 4

Vampire's Kiss on DVD is totally worth owning, that commentary between the director and Nic Cage is really fun. It quickly becomes apparent why the film ended up like it did.

• Like 3

OMG OMG OMG! Can't believe they have picked a suggestion of mine. My Stepmother's An Alien is such a perfect film for this show. No-one in it acts remotely human. Can't wait for June's reaction to the dog being thrown out the window and to see is Jason is turned on by the sentient dildo in the handbag!

• Like 5

Some fun trivia about why there's a duck in the movie "The Pacifier":

ย 

Originally the movie was written as a vehicle for Jackie Chan. The joke was going to be that Jackie gets a duck for the family, and then is planning to cook the duck and serve it for dinner (because, you know...Asians). But then the kids fall in love with the duck and they end up keeping it as a pet. For some reason, when Jackie dropped out of the project and was replaced by Vin Diesel, the duck ended up being kept in the script even though it didn't really make any sense anymore.

ย 

Source: Thomas Lennon, who wrote the original script for the movie with Ben Garant. I remember him telling this anecdote on an episode of "Who Charted?" once.

• Like 2

OMG OMG OMG! Can't believe they have picked a suggestion of mine. My Stepmother's An Alien is such a perfect film for this show. No-one in it acts remotely human. Can't wait for June's reaction to the dog being thrown out the window and to see is Jason is turned on by the sentient dildo in the handbag!

ย 

THIS MOVIE IS INSANE. It's operating on so many different levels of intelligence all at once. It also has so many competing plot points. I'm watching it right now and all I can say is I miss Jon Lovitz.

I'm excited about My Stepmother is an Alien, Cameron H. How are you?

ย 

Less so about this:

ย 

At first I was like, maybe it's just a lame picture. Maybe we got to see this in action. Then I found out Inhumans has the same showrunner as Iron Fist.

ย 

Elektra ("How are you today?"), I can hardly wait to read your Tumblr on - what is looking to be - an absolute clusterfuck.

I know! I wasn't that excited about Inhumans to begin with but when I saw who the showrunner was I was like, "I'm out." It's weird to me that Melissa Rosenberg and Cheo Hodari Coker both ran Marvel shows that were critically acclaimed and award winning, but no one thought to give THEM another show. But they looked at how "Iron Fist" was shaping up and were like, "I got an idea."

ย 

The photo looks like Halloween costumes. Not even up to cosplay level. Have you seen the teaser? The dialogue is about as snappy as Iron Fist's, but I admit it's just a teaser.

ย 

I kinda hope this flops fast so it doesn't have time to impact the only Inhuman I really do care about: Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan.

ย 

In other Marvel news, I went to see "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2" today and recognized Steve Agee's voice. If I hadn't gone alone I would've shouted "where does the butt start?!" Anyone else?

ย 

Maybe James Gunn listens to HDTGM because Tango *and* Cash? Steve Agee? Kurt Russel's hair back where it belongs, #1 on the call sheet)?

• Like 6

snapback.png

Maybe James Gunn listens to HDTGM because Tango *and* Cash? Steve Agee? Kurt Russel's hair back where it belongs, #1 on the call sheet)?

ย 

ย 

Oh goodness, Kurt Russell's hair in that movie...

giphy.gif

ย 

And speaking of Tango and Cash... the suggestoion of a Rock/John Cena film seems like this would be a perfect fit. That is, a Tango and Cash remake! Most buddy cop teams are heavy opposites, but I think Tango and Cash is a good template for how to put two Alphas together and have them rub each other (and each other's butts) the wrong way, since they both express their Alpha status very differently. Of course, you could also have one play against type (like The Rock in Central Intelligence) or play a villain.

• Like 4

watched it last night. its crazy and yet very charming. i really enjoyed watching it. kinda lagged abit at the end but the 90 mins before that were nuts. can't wait for the ep.

ย 

does anyone know, without giving away the guest(s), if june was there? there are some strange family boundaries crossed in this that i'd love to hear her take on.

• Like 2

THIS MOVIE IS INSANE. It's operating on so many different levels of intelligence all at once. It also has so many competing plot points. I'm watching it right now and all I can say is I miss Jon Lovitz.

ย 

Jon Lovitz is dead?

ย 

Jon Lovitz is dead?

ย 

No! Good God no, just meant I miss watching him in movies or television. I do not want to be the origin of a fake news death story.

• Like 1

Jon Lovitz isn't dead, just appearing in Adam Sandler movies.

Jon Lovitz isn't dead, just appearing in Adam Sandler movies.

ย 

Oh I'm so sorry, I had no idea. His poor family.

• Like 5

In other Marvel news, I went to see "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2" today and recognized Steve Agee's voice. If I hadn't gone alone I would've shouted "where does the butt start?!" Anyone else?

OMG yes! I thought I knew that voice but didn't see an actor I recognized. I literally didn't even think he was just an voice actor. I'm going again tonight so I'll double check.

ย 

...Kurt Russel's hair back where it belongs, #1 on the call sheet)?

ย 

Actual picture of me during Kurt Russel's Earth time:

giphy.gif

ย 

ย 

It gave me Jeff Bridges/Tron:Legacy flashbacks

ย 

ย 

Actual reaction of me any other time Kurt Russel was on screen:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Agee was probably my favorite part of the middle section.

I saw it again and was surprised at myself for not cluing in earlier. I enjoyed him as well.

Good pick on the Beverly Hills Cop projection booth episode. Definitely got me started on that podcast.

IMO ... GOTG VOL2 is better than GOTG VOL1 ... can't give it any higher praise than that. It's brilliant.

ย 

and i realized, as i was watching it, that my dog is groot. this made me happy

ย 

this is the second movie (first being logan) i saw this year that i'd gladly pay full price to go see again

• Like 3

ย 

ย 

Actual picture of me during Kurt Russel's Earth time:

ย 

ย 

ย 

It gave me Jeff Bridges/Tron:Legacy flashbacks

ย 

Some spoilers for Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 first scene

ย 

ย 

I was shocked to learn they used make up on Kurt for that first scene

ย 

http://www.gamesrada...ow-they-did-it/

ย 

But I think that maybe they enhanced it with cgi or maybe because the RED 4k Camera made every detail so clear so some things looked fake... For me it was Nebula's face makeup during her close up takes, specifically near the corner of her eye, it looked like crows feet plus a glob of makeup and not a part of her cyborg face... But maybe I imagined it

ย 

• Like 1

ย 

Some spoilers for Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 first scene

ย 

ย 

I was shocked to learn they used make up on Kurt for that first scene

ย 

http://www.gamesrada...ow-they-did-it/

ย 

But I think that maybe they enhanced it with cgi or maybe because the RED 4k Camera made every detail so clear so some things looked fake... For me it was Nebula's face makeup during her close up takes, specifically near the corner of her eye, it looked like crows feet plus a glob of makeup and not a part of her cyborg face... But maybe I imagined it

ย 

ย 

No, you didn't imagine it. I saw it too.

• Like 1

ย 

No, you didn't imagine it. I saw it too.

ย 

Good to know :D

So, just finished what I could endure of the movie...

ย 

All I can say is that I hope Blake got a hold of Jerico Stone for the Origin Story of this one.

• Like 1