🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 162 - My Stepmother Is An Alien: LIVE!

Add me to the Spy fan club. Melissa McCarthy kicks ass as usual, but I was surprised how funny Jason Statham was. He should be in more comedies!

I liked What We Do in the Shadows a lot. I think what helped me was that I went in knowing virtually nothing about it.

And Cam Bert, that's not how you spell Tay Tay.

• Like 5

And Cam Bert, that's not how you spell Tay Tay.

I am truly sorry and have corrected my mistake.

a40488715f019f9078d7cd1abc348fbe.gif

• Like 6

I am truly sorry and have corrected my mistake.

As if that will fix anything...

giphy.gif

Tay Tay's memory is long.

• Like 5

A couple months ago, HDTGM did Airborne. This was a movie that was at the top of my list of movies I've always wanted them to cover. I was wondering if you could pick one (and only one) movie for HDTGM to do, what movie would it be?

I'm at a point that I'm pretty much happy with whatever they pick, but I wouldn'y mind if they covered...

WeekendAtBerniesIIMoviePoster.preview.jpg

I love the original, but I remember hating this one.

What ONE movie would everyone like to hear them talk about? (Although, I think we all know which movie Smigg is going to pick :) )

• Like 8

I've mentioned this before because it's also a movie that I recognize is terrible but I genuinely love it with all my heart

large_wOwT5GpuMEzCIBY8b5hd9PRX0fu.jpg

There's so much to discuss when it comes to this movie.

• Like 7

Ooh! I've got one! Genuinely the most terrible movie, in so many ways, that offends my brain on so many levels that it causes me nothing but anger and disbelief. Easily Roland Emmerich's worst film (which is saying a lot, and thanks to Taylor Anne for the reminder in the above post):

I give you the stunningly ham-fisted (the Earl of Oxford wrote 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' when he was eight! DID YOU KNOW?) Anonymous.

MV5BMjAxOTA5MTMxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI4MzU0NQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR91,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

• Like 4

A couple months ago, HDTGM did Airborne. This was a movie that was at the top of my list of movies I've always wanted them to cover. I was wondering if you could pick one (and only one) movie for HDTGM to do, what movie would it be?

I'm at a point that I'm pretty much happy with whatever they pick, but I wouldn'y mind if they covered...

What ONE movie would everyone like to hear them talk about? (Although, I think we all know which movie Smigg is going to pick :) )

That's the one where he becomes animated at the sound of Calypso music because of a voodoo curse or some shit, right? I just remember it being absolutely bananas.

• Like 5

That's the one where he becomes animated at the sound of Calypso music because of a voodoo curse or some shit, right? I just remember it being absolutely bananas.

It sure is!

iSK_1s.gif

• Like 6

Long time listener & reader, created an account to be a first time commenter. Two things.. Firstly, when I was in high school we had a party which was based entirely around showing Weekend at Bernies 2 to a friend who had just previously mentioned in casual conversation that he'd never seen it. There were probably 20 to 30 people there (admittedly, at least half of them either didn't know it had anything to do with Weekend at Bernies 2 or didn't care), we planned ahead and had food and booze on hand, really the whole nine yards. I shit you not-at-all, ten minutes into the movie, dude exclaims, "Oh, I've seen this!"

Secondly, I approve of putting her in a brassiere.

• Like 8

I know I mentioned in the Sleepwalkers thread and the recommendations thread---I really want the gang to cover:

220px-Thinnerposter.jpg

Another example of a bad King adaptation, but it's a fun bad imo..

The plot alone I want to hear them go over..but also.. most of the actors are chewing the scenery and I want to hear their thoughts on the eating noises.

And I agree with everyone in the recommendation thread, Joe Mantegna is basically Fat Tony in this.

200.gif?response_id=591f277c44c34efa4eca9028#7-grid1

• Like 6

I know this movie has its fans but I thought it was a huge mess and I'd love to hear the gang break it down.

Pacific-Rim-Poster-450x666.png

• Like 5

I know this movie has its fans but I thought it was a huge mess and I'd love to hear the gang break it down.

YEAH FAN OF THIS RIGHT HERE AND I WILL PHYSICALLY FIGHT YOU

tumblr_ocqoypqFQy1s0rtgbo1_500.gif

• Like 8

OMG I love this movie unironically. I hope the sequel happens.

• Like 8

OMG I love this movie unironically. I hope the sequel happens.

YEAH FAN OF THIS RIGHT HERE AND I WILL PHYSICALLY FIGHT YOU

See this is great. The C&O boards would be on fire. It is a truly excellent pick on my part. But please, everyone, hold your thanks until after the episode happens.

• Like 6

Long time listener & reader, created an account to be a first time commenter. Two things.. Firstly, when I was in high school we had a party which was based entirely around showing Weekend at Bernies 2 to a friend who had just previously mentioned in casual conversation that he'd never seen it. There were probably 20 to 30 people there (admittedly, at least half of them either didn't know it had anything to do with Weekend at Bernies 2 or didn't care), we planned ahead and had food and booze on hand, really the whole nine yards. I shit you not-at-all, ten minutes into the movie, dude exclaims, "Oh, I've seen this!"

Secondly, I approve of putting her in a brassiere.

Welcome to the boards!

giphy.gif

...and I 100% approve of all Weekend at Bernie's themed parties!

• Like 7

Sweet, I got singled out. :D

• Like 4

Sweet, I got singled out. :D

Hey man, MK: Annihilation is bound to happen some day ;)

• Like 4

Hey man, MK: Annihilation is bound to happen some day ;)

I don't know, my threats of performing pro-wrestling moves has fallen on deaf ears.

But, should that day happen, and you hear a roar befitting a Viking in the distance, you'll know it's me.

• Like 6

I'm on #teamtaytay here. Pacific Rim is a goddamn masterpiece. As someone that grew up on kaiju and mecha movies, it's a perfect love letter to the genres. Most of the things that I've heard people say seem wonky about it are tropes of the genre (e.g., Why did they wait until they were getting flown into space to pull out their miracle sword?). I love that movie so much, and it's the best English language film Del Toro has done.

• Like 8

I'm on #teamtaytay here. Pacific Rim is a goddamn masterpiece. As someone that grew up on kaiju and mecha movies, it's a perfect love letter to the genres. Most of the things that I've heard people say seem wonky about it are tropes of the genre (e.g., Why did they wait until they were getting flown into space to pull out their miracle sword?). I love that movie so much, and it's the best English language film Del Toro has done.

I liked Pacific Rim a whole bunch but I was SO phenomenally disappointed that with all of the great Australian actors out there, WHY ON EARTH in this day and age would you cast two non-Australian actors (one American, one British) who did all of their accent prep by watching the Australia episode of the Simpsons?

And their names are HERC and CHUCK. I can't think of two less Australian names. Call them Damo and Bruce and we're on to something.

Seriously, in this day and age, there is NO excuse for people putting on shitty accents in major films.

• Like 7

I've mentioned this before because it's also a movie that I recognize is terrible but I genuinely love it with all my heart

large_wOwT5GpuMEzCIBY8b5hd9PRX0fu.jpg

There's so much to discuss when it comes to this movie.

The only *criticism I have for/thing I hate in* this movie is the "running from the eye of the storm into the library fireplace room" scene... Other than that is a pretty solid movie all around

Also... Pacific Rim RULES! Haters Drool!

• Like 8

Pacific Rim kind of left me cold. I bought it, watched it once, liked it well enough, but haven't really thought about it since. I would be more than happy to revisit it though. In fact, I may just do that soon...

• Like 5

did all of their accent prep by watching the Australia episode of the Simpsons?

One of my favorite Simpsons eps.

"I see you've played knifey spoony before."

• Like 6