🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 113 - In the Green Room of a Local Morning Show (w/ Nicole Parker, Mary Sohn, Amanda Lund, Maria Blasucci)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone to this event simply known as Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special return guest is Nicole Parker of MADtv and the Broadway stage! They chat about where Nicole would go if given the choice to be anywhere else at this moment, her private school changing the lyrics to songs to make them more "appropriate", and her fond memories of her college dorm laundry room. Paul is then joined by Mary Sohn, Amanda Lund, and Maria Blasucci, to improvise a story set In the Green Room of a Local Morning Show. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

If you’d like to provide a location for the improv on a future episode, follow @Spontaneanation on Twitter so you won/t miss the prompt!

That improv was one of my favourites so far, so silly! And PFT's reaction to "Munderscore" was priceless.

Also, of course my phone's autocorrect knows the word "Munderscore."

• Like 1

And PFT's reaction to "Munderscore" was priceless.

Possibly the longest build-up and greatest pay-off of any moment in podcast history.

Paul also completely losing his shit as they stumble to keep the details of the improv straight is amazing. He was right, not eating before the show definitely worked out well.

(Also, I just listened to The Complete Woman this weekend, and it's really great.)

"I got an almond husk in my throat! I'm Ghandi".

Only 5 minutes in and i already love it.

EDIT: Really great episode. Nicole Parker brought so much energy. Munderscore is always a treat and Amanda and Mary were both amazing as well.

Well, if there was ever an episode where it was appropriate to get your own name wrong... Now I'm feeling like we should just go back to calling her Maria (Or at the very least Blasooch!) to make it clear we actually enjoy and respect her.

I considered drawing a chart to track the various names and relationships of this episode, but I came to my senses

Blasuch is priceless, she's my favorite of the ladies, you know it's gonna get EXTRA crazy whenever she's on! Such a silly, plot-twistfull ep, loved it.

Sign in to follow this