๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 12 (SaraK's Pick)

A few teacher's that I work with know that I have been watching a lot of musicals lately. They asked me today what the latest one I've seen is. I told them that this was the next one I was going to watch. They had seen the movie and enjoyed it and said "They should get back together. I liked their music." As we talked more I gradually came to find out that they thought the movie was a true story.

ย 

Because of the way the movie ends, for a long time as a kid I thought it was a true story. It was a few years til I realized it was all made up.

• Like 6

ย 

Because of the way the movie ends, for a long time as a kid I thought it was a true story. It was a few years til I realized it was all made up.

The hell?!?!? Next you'll tell me Sgt. Pepper didn't really have a Hearts Club Band.

• Like 6

Man, I haven't seen this movie for like 15 years but I am really looking forward to revisiting it. Tom Hanks, I am all in on his brand of All American goodness. I know that's not exactly uncommon, but I DID see both Bridge of Spies and Larry Crowne (his other directed feature) in theaters and loved both. Obviously, Bridge of Spies, being a Spielberg picture, is the superior film, but still. HANX!

ย 

giphy.gif

• Like 8

Man, I haven't seen this movie for like 15 years but I am really looking forward to revisiting it. Tom Hanks, I am all in on his brand of All American goodness. I know that's not exactly uncommon, but I DID see both Bridge of Spies and Larry Crowne (his other directed feature) in theaters and loved both. Obviously, Bridge of Spies, being a Spielberg picture, is the superior film, but still. HANX!

ย 

giphy.gif

ย 

He wrote both Larry Crowne and That Thing You Do as well, so apparently he only directs things he writes. I don't mean that as a criticism. I love him.

• Like 9

ย 

I love Tom Hanks so much. Even in "bad" movies, he never phones it in.

• Like 7

ย 

Begs to differ

sleepless-in-seattle-136387471547703901-140210155326.jpg

• Like 8

ย 

ย 

ย 

Begs to differ

sleepless-in-seattle-136387471547703901-140210155326.jpg

ย 

ย 

But at least he... he... he doesn't "e-mails" it in ;)

ย 

OH WAIT...!!!

ย 

Tom-Hanks-Youve-Got-Mail3.gif

ย 

giphy.gif

ย 

#NOT #SORRY

• Like 8

ย 

But at least he... he... he doesn't "e-mails" it in ;)

ย 

OH WAIT...!!!

ย 

ย 

#NOT #SORRY

ย 

He's great with technology.

ย 

09JrQNgLQTO3qbxhr0vr_Tom%20Hanks%20Steals%20iPad.gif

• Like 9

ย 

He's great with technology.

ย 

09JrQNgLQTO3qbxhr0vr_Tom%20Hanks%20Steals%20iPad.gif

I love that smile at the end. He clearly does this kind of shit more to entertain himself than anything else, and that's totally why I love him.

ย 

Also, if you don't follow his Twitter account, it's a strange kind of awesome. He mostly posts random clothes he finds on the street or him opening doors of random cars with the caption, "I'm so excited about my new car!"

ย 

He's a ridiculous human being.

• Like 6

My favourite fun fact about Tom Hanks is that he is an avid typewriter collector and enthusiast.

ย 

Tom-Hanks-typewriter.jpeg

• Like 8

My favourite fun fact about Tom Hanks is that he is an avid typewriter collector and enthusiast.

ย 

Do you have his typewriter app?

• Like 4

Ahh, I hope I get to watch this. I've been working all week and go straight into a mini-con this weekend, so it may not be until Monday, ugh... I feel like I've seen parts of this, but never the full thing.

• Like 5

ย 

Do you have his typewriter app?

That's a thing? Downloading now!

• Like 2

That's a thing? Downloading now!

So, downloading the app is that thing you do?

• Like 3

And that Chris Hardwick sent him a typewriter to ask him to be on the show and his response was brilliant!

ย 

TH-to-CHletter1.jpg

• Like 9

I like that the Playtone brand covers film, TV, music and typewriters.

• Like 5

And that Chris Hardwick sent him a typewriter to ask him to be on the show and his response was brilliant!

ย 

TH-to-CHletter1.jpg

I wish he had signed it like he does all his tweets: "HANX!"

• Like 3

Saw "That Thing You Do!" last night... Monday can't come soon enough!

ย 

The-Wonders.png

• Like 4

The Director's Cut was mentioned. For those of us who haven't seen the movie yet is that the recommended version for first-timers?

The Director's Cut was mentioned. For those of us who haven't seen the movie yet is that the recommended version for first-timers?

ย 

Watch the theatrical version first. If you like that, then watch the extended version. No point sitting through the extra 40 minutes if you don't care for the shorter version.

• Like 6