๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 163.5 - Minisode 163.5

ย 

Weird thing about that Punisher flick is that with minor things in the movie here and there, it's far closer to the comics at that time than the other two movies. It's surprisingly watchable.

i really enjoyed it. of it's time but fun

• Like 1

Oh man, I finally checked out the HDTGM art show page at Gallery 1988 and there's some really nice work there! I hope the show does well! I really wish I had had the nerve to contribute.

Agreed. These two are my favorite from the site...

ย 

ย 

StephenAndrade_HDTGM_Lifeforce_1024x1024.jpg?v=1496273737

ย 

RockyDavies_HDTGM_JingleAllTheWay_1024x1024.jpg?v=1496251542

(I would DEFINITELY see this movie^)

ย 

ย 

nobody told me rob huebel was in the wraith

ย 

os1LBAK.jpg

ย 

also, after just watching it, i'm fully expecting at least one inaugural masturbation story in the next mini's explanation hope line segment

ย 

So I'm not the only person who couldn't stop thinking about Hubel. How has his dramatic acting range gone unnoticed for so long?

• Like 2

I know we're moving on from the Running Man, but did anyone notice that it was weird that Yaphet Kotto's character was named Laughlin? Also, the movie seemed to be hewing to this trope but technically Weiss died first (but only a hair).

Quasar - I don't normally give a shit, but a lot of the times I'm lurking on the board at work, and well... that first image you posted is very NSFW. Do you mind putting it under a spoiler tag?

• Like 1

Quasar - I don't normally give a shit, but a lot of the times I'm lurking on the board at work, and well... that first image you posted is very NSFW. Do you mind putting it under a spoiler tag?

I took care of it.

• Like 3

Perhaps a "Plain Zero" solution!!

ย 

If it hasn't been said before (and I don't remember hearing it) I have a possible solution to the horrible sub-zero line.

ย 

I hadn't watched the Running Man prior to the episode. So when this topic came up I inferred that the line was meant to be something like "He's a zero" a.k.a. a loser. Thinking that was a more common insult in those days. Even if if true, the actually Line "Now, plain zero" is still unclear. wouldn't it be more commonplace to say something like "now, JUST plain zero" a small, but perhaps helpful, addition to the line.

ย 

Then I went and found the clip and actually listened to it and I don't think he's saying "plain zero" at all. I think our man Arnie is actually saying "now PLAYING zero". I think the attempt at insult is still similar to what I said above, but the grammatical syntax is a little bit more digestible. I often have to study and analyze VO work as part of my job and the slightest pause he gives in his breath as well as his jaw movement in between the the syllables (play-ing) makes me feel like this is the more likely word.

ย 

Did anyone else think that? Does the line make any more sense that way to anyone else?

• Like 1

Ah crap, sorry about that. I didn't mean to get all NSFW up in here. My apologies.

ย 

And thanks to Dan Engler for the edit.

• Like 4

Finally had a chance to listen to the mini episode and it got me wondering. Maybe the best way to avoid future calls from gross-o men in their forties recalling their first time jerking off we should all call into the hot line and fill it with stories about times we watched a movie and didn't masturbate.

• Like 5

Finally had a chance to listen to the mini episode and it got me wondering. Maybe the best way to avoid future calls from gross-o men in their forties recalling their first time jerking off we should all call into the hot line and fill it with stories about times we watched a movie and didn't masturbate.

Just talk about the movies that made us want to go to Church and pray?

ย 

"I'll tell you Paul, I Know Who Killed Me left me feeling like I really needed to repent and recite the Hail Mary - THREE TIMES!"

• Like 9

Just talk about the movies that made us want to go to Church and pray?

ย 

"I'll tell you Paul, I Know Who Killed Me left me feeling like I really needed to repent and recite the Hail Mary - THREE TIMES!"

ย 

"Last night I watched All About Steve and didn't feel the urge to touch myself even once. So, um..yeah. Love the show." *click*

• Like 9

"Last night I watched All About Steve and didn't feel the urge to touch myself even once. So, um..yeah. Love the show." *click*

"Paul, what's the direct opposite of horny? That's how I felt watching The Room! Thanks *click*"

• Like 7

ย 

"Paul, what's the direct opposite of horny? That's how I felt watching The Room! Thanks *click*"

ย 

"Hey, Paul, I've been a fan since Human Giant. I just wanted to say that I never knew that I could touch myself less, but Deep Blue Sea proved me wrong! Put'r in a brar!"

*click*

• Like 7

"Hey, Paul, I've been a fan since Human Giant. I just wanted to say that I never knew that I could touch myself less, but Deep Blue Sea proved me wrong! Put'r in a brar!"

*click*

"Uh uhm hi Paul. You know that part in Perfect where Travolta is - uh- swinging his junk around? Yeah that really turned me off. Big fan."

• Like 7

"Uh uhm hi Paul. You know that part in Perfect where Travolta is - uh- swinging his junk around? Yeah that really turned me off. Big fan."

ย 

"Um...hey, Paul. I've been a fan of you guys for years. I've listened to every episode (even the banned ones). Yeah. Anyway. I was watching Con Air the other night. It was a pretty fun movie. What amazed me was my complete lack of jerking it. I was as surprised as anyone. When is Aziz going to be on the show?" *click*

• Like 7

I've forgotten how to do the spoiler thing but spoilers for The Wraith:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Anybody else think they revealed Charlie Sheen as The Wraith like WAY too early? They could have drawn it out a lot longer, showed little clues like the scars on his back, but wait until at least the end of act two to confirm it?

for anyone interested ... run time of movies + minis + eps is now over the 22 full day mark.

ย 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fNUxhVbJf9FOIHnE1yorJj383JS51T0cjF6XsaE8tA4/edit?usp=sharing

ย 

ย 

and still no movie from 1981 ... something terrible must have happened in 1981. maybe that was the year the clowns terrorized jason's home town and he's refusing to do any 1981 movie so as not to relive those dark scary days

• Like 2

ย 

and still no movie from 1981 ... something terrible must have happened in 1981. maybe that was the year the clowns terrorized jason's home town and he's refusing to do any 1981 movie so as not to relive those dark scary days

That's the year I was born...

Just finished watching The Wraith. It's beautiful.

ย 

Also love all the mock anti-jerking off "calls".

• Like 8

Just finished watching The Wraith. It's beautiful.

ย 

Speaking of beautiful things...

ย 

https://www.facebook...56263239059832/

ย 

ย 

I'm SO ticked off that I saw this after it ended because they answered every question at the end...

ย 

43454093.jpg

• Like 1

It took me until the end of the movie before I realized that they intentionally made Charlie Sheen's wraith outfit look like an S&M version of the aluminum monster from Its Always Sunny.

So, with Paul eliminating Southland Tales from contention, should we assume that North is off the table? It was a long time ago, but Reiner is still influential and Marc Maron was careful to avoid discussing the movie in their WTF interview a little while back.

Sign in to follow this