🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Drawn on angry eye browns, calling your dick a lizard, a limo driver crying the words dookie, and hulk hogan. This movies got it all.

• Like 2

Spins. I'd be happy to make a DVD, of my VHS copy, and mail it if required. Kinda sad how we lose some of the classic shitty movies with format upgrades. Thankfully my step dad runs a record store that also sells VHS. I got no shortage of useless shit.

• Like 2

Well, they are releasing it now. WWE is releasing a digitally remastered version and they are advertising it on their shows, calling it a "camp classic" and pointing out it wasn't originally meant to be funny.

Why hasn't this movie been done already?

I was wondering the same thign myself! I just recently watched the new WWE DVD No Holds Barred. I hadn't seen it since I was a child and had forgotten how truly bad it was! No Holds Barred stars Hulk Hogan. It was produced by Hogan and Vince McMahon. It in fact wa sMcMAhon's first foray into film production. This 1989 film was such a flop that McMahon wouldn't return to Hollywood until 2002 with the Scorpion King. The film is so corny that WWE's current marketing strtegy for the film's release on DVD was to advertise it as "so bad, it's good." The film is filled with cliches, bad acting and a poor script. It's also noteworthy fo rintroducing "Tiny" Lister to audiences. He would later have memorable appearance in the Friday films with Ice Cube and The Fifth Element with Bruce Willis and Mila Janovich.

To further illustrate the diference in marketing from the inital theatrical relase and its DVD relase here are the two trailers,

the original trailer:

the DVD release:

• Like 1

Does anyone remember that after the film, "Tiny" Lister actually wrestle as his film character Zeus for a short while in the WWE? The story was that he and Hogan had problems on the set of No Holds Barred. they would eventually settle their feud at a special PPV. The film was screened on PPV followed by a match between Hogan and Zeus.

• Like 1

Looks like the DVD came out last July. If you don't feel like paying, the whole movie is available on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAOQf91YKCY

This movie definitely deserves an episode of HDTGM. Lately our poor hosts have been reviewing unwatchable movies. This one is thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments, imo.

• Like 1

I forgot about this movie until I was flipping through the channels and found this gem. Who can resist a movie starring Hulk Hogan especially during the height of his popularity.

This movie is soooo bad and I don't think it's been done much that it's a good choice for them. However is it easy to find? I think it's relatively hard to find as I don't think it was ever released on DVD and it's not available for streaming anywhere (I'd be happy to find out that I was wrong)

I remember when I was a kid and thought wrestling was real this movie was awesome. I thought that the "teeny wangers" thing was the height of comedy. I caught it on TV about 5 years ago and enjoyed it on a whole new level.

And I was wrong, it was released on DVD last year and you can see it on vudu.

Also, if you're interested, the Old School Wrestling video podcast (they're on Facebook) did a nearly a feature-length review of this last year that was pretty good. They're a group of Irish guys that do video podcasts about the Hulkamania-Era pay per views starting with his WWF debut in 1984, and they're just about to put out their Wrestlemania VIII (1992) show. They also did an episode a little while back where they covered "Marine 3" and a brief history of every WWE Studios film. Great stuff!

I co-sign this recommendation and so do the superstars at the WWE.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 2

This is the film that defined an era, an era of shit. wow Hulk Hogan is the greatest actor ever and the fact that the checks cleared the bank proves that. all that's missing in that video Shariq Torres posted..

Forget this movie please review and do a show about the extras on the making of no holds barred, Good god.

I was actually jealous that my sister, who was nowhere near the Hulkamaniac I was, got to see this in the theater, and I was off at stupid camp or something. And then I SAW "No Holds Barred"...

I'm hoping it holds the top slot. I really want to have an excuse to rewatch this.

Fuck yes, if you get Showtime and have access to Showtime Anytime this is available for free until 8/13

Oh my god this movie is insane and terrible in all of the best ways possible.

• Like 1

3775d870aace060ab1f63d0f385837ff.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ReWhx8X3iY

Rip is the World Wrestling Federation champion who is faithful to his fans and the network he wrestles for. Brell, the new head of the World Television Network, wants Rip to wrestle for his network. Rip refuses and goes back to his normal life. Still looking for a way to raise ratings, Brell initiates a show called "The Battle of the Tough Guys", a violent brawling competition. A mysterious man, Zeus, wins the competition. This gets Brell to use him as an angle to get at Rip.http://www.imdb.com/...y?ref_=tt_ov_pl

The film was widely panned by critics[

citation needed], with a 5% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 19 reviews (though there are not enough reviews for a true consensus).[3] Film critic Brian Orndorf described the film as "tremendously crude, unapologetically manipulative, and aimed directly at easily entertained 13-year-old boys."[4] Recently, the film has developed a cult following over the years.

There's already a thread here for it, though I've noticed that if you do a search with a really short word in it, sometimes it's screwy. "No Holds Barred" turned up nothing, but if you leave out "No", that other thread pops up.

• Like 2

There's already a thread here for it, though I've noticed that if you do a search with a really short word in it, sometimes it's screwy. "No Holds Barred" turned up nothing, but if you leave out "No", that other thread pops up.

thank you, i did search before i posted, glad im not the only who has requested.

Sign in to follow this