🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Recently (the last mini-episode, I believe) Paul said they were going to get around to it some day. So good!

How many Oscars did this win?

I can't believe someone actually gave the green light to this POS.

By the way, it is streaming on HuluPlus.

I would to nominate the movie No Holds Barred for consideration for a future HDTGM episode. Anyone who has seen the movie knows exactly what I'm talking about. For those who haven't it stars Hulk Hogan at the height of his popularity. He plays a wrestler (quite a stretch) named Rip. When a rival network wants to have him on their channel, they will stop at nothing to get him. Including hiring a mentally handicapped and mentally unstable man to fight him. It is so amazing. It will blow your mind. It is streaming on Hulu Plus. Check it out.

It's already being done. They announced it a while back, and I think they said on Facebook that it's going to be a live show at Largo next month.

• Like 1

At the International Wrestling Cartel (ICW) show tonight in Pittsburgh, I met Gregory Iron, the Handicapped Hero and overall super funny dude. A lot of his t-shirts have been inspired by iconic 80s-90s wrestling imagery, so in honor of the gang doing "No Holds Barred" in a couple of weeks, and since I'm a fan, I thought I'd post this...

1655855_10100318417411226_2046427552_n.jpg

Follow Gregory Iron on Facebook and Twitter! He's one of the only people that does Bitstrips right and has used it to advance his storylines! He also uses Bobby Brown's theme from "Ghostbusters 2" for entrance music! That's my jam!

https://www.facebook.com/thehandicappedhero

• Like 1

Best part of this movie, "Tiny" Lister's "Zeus" character, actually became a contracted WWF wrestler

<iframe src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/media/embed/83469199" width="567" height="345" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And after his stint in the WWF, he was brought into WCW as, and I wish I was making this up, "Z-Gangsta", complete with his eyebrows painted on, and joined the group "The Alliance to End Hulamania".

On top of that, they needed a guy to play a crazy pro-wrestling bad guy in a movie, so they bring Lister in, and then cast an actual crazy, pro wrestling bad guy in the movie, the one and only, Stan Hansen, who played "Neanderthal", who the WWF were trying to sign to work heel against Hogan, but he turned down the offer and went back to Japan.

What's the only industry that can rival Hollywood in terms of, drug addiction, backstabbing, and backstage intrigue? Professional Wrestling! Combine these two and you get, well, something perfect for this podcast.

Best part of this movie, "Tiny" Lister's "Zeus" character, actually became a contracted WWF wrestler

<iframe src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/media/embed/83469199" width="567" height="345" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And after his stint in the WWF, he was brought into WCW as, and I wish I was making this up, "Z-Gangsta", complete with his eyebrows painted on, and joined the group "The Alliance to End Hulamania".

On top of that, they needed a guy to play a crazy pro-wrestling bad guy in a movie, so they bring Lister in, and then cast an actual crazy, pro wrestling bad guy in the movie, the one and only, Stan Hansen, who played "Neanderthal", who the WWF were trying to sign to work heel against Hogan, but he turned down the offer and went back to Japan.

The plans at one point, had the movie not been such a dud, and Lister not been such dead weight in the ring, was to have the payoff to the feud end at Wrestlemania VI, which ended up becoming Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior. Hogan was never a master technician in the ring, his best matches having been either worked out months ahead of time or with guys like Randy Savage that could have good matches with ANYONE, and Post-accident Christopher Reeve had more agility than Lister, so the matches between the two were pretty atrocious.

Also notable for having appeared in "No Holds Barred": Peter Dinklage. Oh man, he was barely in the thing, but I would listen to Dinklage talk about this movie all day long...

The plans at one point, had the movie not been such a dud, and Lister not been such dead weight in the ring, was to have the payoff to the feud end at Wrestlemania VI, which ended up becoming Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior. Hogan was never a master technician in the ring, his best matches having been either worked out months ahead of time or with guys like Randy Savage that could have good matches with ANYONE, and Post-accident Christopher Reeve had more agility than Lister, so the matches between the two were pretty atrocious.

Also notable for having appeared in "No Holds Barred": Peter Dinklage. Oh man, he was barely in the thing, but I would listen to Dinklage talk about this movie all day long...

Oddly enough, that's why they were trying to bring in Stan Hansen, not only was he a good worker, he had the physical size to look like a threat Hogan, as well as being one of the best heels in the business at that time, to the point where the mob put out a hit on him and Bruno Sammartino actually met with them to tell them to "Let me handle it in the ring".

What's the only industry that can rival Hollywood in terms of, drug addiction, backstabbing, and backstage intrigue? Professional Wrestling! Combine these two and you get, well, something perfect for this podcast.

That's why shoot interviews are so fascinating. Some of the stories that have come out of them are amazing.

Sign in to follow this