🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
KayLeeMay

Guest Suggest

I know it should be suggestion but how good does Guest Suggest sound. It could catch on. You don't know!

Emily Carmichael, She's writing and directing a film for Amblin and directing the adaptation for Lumberjanes. She's really smart and funny on the podcasts I've heard her on and would be amazing!!

Demi Adejuyigbe, He's a super funny comedian and film lover. Would be perfect!

Ana Lily Amirpour, She's incredibly passionate and insightful and would be awesome!

Everyone should feel free to jump in with their suggestions but mine should be on first obviously. Since mine are the best suggest.

• Like 2

Wesley Morris - Pulitzer Prize winner, Boston Globe, Grantland

Steven Hyden - Former AV Club and Grantland, hosts Celebration Rock podcast

Jason Mantzoukas - show could use a shot of energy and Zouks would be amazing

• Like 6

I listen to Doug Loves Movies, and I agree with Demi as a suggestion. I'd add Samm Levine, who has a pretty in depth knowledge and interested in cinematic history, and of course the Leonard Maltin. I'm not sure how good of a guest Doug Benson would actually be for The Canon, but he's certainly be an interesting one.

• Like 2

I think The Canon would really benefit from some more wet blood farts.

I suggest he nominate Jacob's Ladder.

• Like 2

David Edelstein for Wonder Woman

(*ducks*)

King of the mountain episode. If Rocky Horror loses, it gets kicked out of the Canon.

I do not like Rocky Horror, and I absolutely adore The Room. I would be okay with this.

• Like 2

I'd like to suggest Robbie Collin, film critic for The Telegraph (in the UK). Robbie is a very interesting critic, and would probably choose something weird and wonderful as its suggested film. Well worth putting up with a Skype call for.

• Like 1

It just occurred to me--if you wanted the best discussion on craft, I'd try and get Tony Zhou. If ever you wanted someone who knows their shit, and who has super strong, well-informed opinions, he's your guy.

• Like 1