🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 116 - Backstage at the Grand Ole Opry (w/ Alison Brie, Rebekka Johnson, Kimmy Gatewood, Jackie Tohn)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone to the valley of the great time we are about to have on Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is Alison Brie of GLOW, BoJack Horseman, and Community! They chat about what is the worst or best travel injury Alison has sustained, a stranger telling her that she avoids confrontation, and we learn about her new show. Paul is then joined by Rebekka Johnson, Kimmy Gatewood, and Jackie Tohn of GLOW, to improvise a story set Backstage at the Grand Ole Opry. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Way to go Dan Engler on picking the location! And you got a round of applause!! Well deserved my friend

• Like 5

I'm a huge Bojack fan so hearing PFT talk with Alison Brie was cool.

And then there was a talking horse in the improv. What is this, a cross-over episode?

This was one of my favorite episodes in a while. You never know how things will go with first-time Spontonians, but the GLOWers nailed this one with an elbow off the top rope.

• Like 5

Way to go Dan Engler on picking the location! And you got a round of applause!! Well deserved my friend

Aw, thanks! My thinking was that Paul & co. might jump at the chance to do silly accents, but the fact that so many of them also had a background in musical comedy was just plain luck. Even without my meddling, every second of this episode was a true delight!

• Like 4

As soon as I heard his name I thought, "Hey, I know a Dan Engler!"

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I don't know what the Grand Ole Opry is and I will not look it up, because I prefer to think it's exactly as depicted in this episode, talking horse who rides a horse and all!

• Like 3

I don't know what the Grand Ole Opry is and I will not look it up, because I prefer to think it's exactly as depicted in this episode, talking horse who rides a horse and all!

I read the wiki page after listening to the improv three times. Let me tell you, the wiki page is all lies! No mention of talking horses or people becoming convinced that singers are always singing love songs about them.

I've been a lurker since the first episode, and this fantastic episode finally got me to comment here. I feel bad that as much as I love the improv I had trouble telling the improvisors apart. They were all new to Spont and all doing crazy accents!

Sign in to follow this