🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 164.5 - Minisode 164.5

Even better is its wikipedia page where the description that it's being covered by the show is almost as long as the brief plot summary.[/indent]

i saw that. i was wondering who actually edits wiki pages so i clicked on the revision history and found the editor has abit of a hobby. he edits the words "comprised of," out of wikipedia. he has a whole page explaining why he does it and to be fair, it's impressive. i'm not going to go into too much detail (cause i didn't read the whole thing. i have other things to be doing with my saturday) but you gotta admire his pig pigheadedness.

i don't know if he's still doing it but if he is then best of luck to him

https://en.wikipedia...ta/comprised_of

• Like 3

Holy shit, I'm, 20 seconds in, with no sound, and I already have A LOT to say. Gonna be a good episode!

Some 'lifted' music also was taken out.

The first 8 seconds, watched with the sound on, are a revelation.

On youtube there is a 1:32:26 and a 1:26:56 version of Ninja Terminator. Does anyone know what the difference is or which is the preferred version?

the 1:26 version is the widescreen version. much lower picture quality than the 1:32 version but at least it has everyone on screen as a conversation is going on. the 1:32 version has been chopped from widescreen down to a 4:3 aspect ratio. and i mean chopped.

as i said before i was lucky enough to get the boxset (and after watching this i am now definitely going to watch the rest) and the version on the dvd is the cut down 1:32 version that's on youtube. the grave side conversation is the first time i noticed there was something wrong and it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen. it made the whole movie even more ridiculous. well worth watching the 1:32 version. but i have no idea where the extra 6 minutes comes from. anyone brave enough to watch both?

Some 'lifted' music also was taken out. This movie was magic, thank you, Paul.

There's a certain item that shows up a few times in this movie that I completly forgot the existence of, and I used to covet it as a child. Super tempted to pick one up on eBay...

I also desperately wanted this item that gets some serious screen time. You should definitely buy it: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/garfield-phone

• Like 1

the 1:26 version is the widescreen version. much lower picture quality than the 1:32 version but at least it has everyone on screen as a conversation is going on. the 1:32 version has been chopped from widescreen down to a 4:3 aspect ratio. and i mean chopped.

as i said before i was lucky enough to get the boxset (and after watching this i am now definitely going to watch the rest) and the version on the dvd is the cut down 1:32 version that's on youtube. the grave side conversation is the first time i noticed there was something wrong and it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen. it made the whole movie even more ridiculous. well worth watching the 1:32 version. but i have no idea where the extra 6 minutes comes from. anyone brave enough to watch both?

The extra 6 minutes are two movie trailers at the end, one for Golden Ninja Warrior and the other for The Ninja Squad.

• Like 1

You mean from the WideScreen one... Right???

Yep, although now that I'm playing both videos simultaneously some of the non-cleared music was left in one early scene of the fan edit but almost completely cut out later on. (I guess to avoid video deletion? Why leave the earlier audio bits in then?)

I also desperately wanted this item that gets some serious screen time. You should definitely buy it

If I could justify the purchase with anything other than nostalgia I would, but I haven't received a non-spam home phone call in over a year.

• Like 1

i saw that. i was wondering who actually edits wiki pages so i clicked on the revision history and found the editor has abit of a hobby. he edits the words "comprised of," out of wikipedia. he has a whole page explaining why he does it and to be fair, it's impressive. i'm not going to go into too much detail (cause i didn't read the whole thing. i have other things to be doing with my saturday) but you gotta admire his pig pigheadedness.

i don't know if he's still doing it but if he is then best of luck to him

https://en.wikipedia...ta/comprised_of

A couple years ago there was a guy who for some reason had a grudge against the UFC and was citing obscure and/or vague wikipedia rules to either condense or eliminate pages about the various fight cards. MMA fans and reporters got up in arms about it and if you checked the edit history for the pages it was just a battle between this one guy and every angry fight fan on wikipedia. Thing was, the guy spent most of his time editing all of these obscure pages based around roads and various highways, and then just did a sharp switch and started attacking the UFC. It just astounded me and how little life a person had to a) find it necessary to edit wiki pages for roads and alter his target to fight card information because he felt it was taking up too much space on the internet.

I'm trying my best to make it through Ninja Terminator, but I'm finding it extremely hard to give even a single shit about anything that's happening in it. I can see why some people might be into it, but to me, it commits the cardinal sin of bad movies by just being sort of boring and uninteresting.

Oh well...:(

• Like 2

I'm trying my best to make it through Ninja Terminator, but I'm finding it extremely hard to give even a single shit about anything that's happening in it. I can see why some people might be into it, but to me, it commits the cardinal sin of bad movies by just being sort of boring and uninteresting.

Oh well... :(

The Garfield phone isn't helping?

• Like 3

The Garfield phone isn't helping?

While the Garfield phone is both exciting and fascinating, I personally found that it wasn't quite enough to hold my attention. I guess I'm just a high maintenance movie watcher ;)

• Like 3

To my knowledge, the Austin show has nothing on Chopping Mall, which has been waiting longer. But I think Paul & co. would tell us if a show was scrapped because of audio problems, so it's just likely the "stocking up on episodes" theorem is more valid.

I'd be 100% okay with Chopping Mall coming out before Timecop because it's been so long, but the guest from Timecop has something to promote for this month, which lead me to believe that it would be released these past two times.

• Like 2

Oh well... :(

I punched out about 15 minutes in, as it wasn't grabbing me. While I love horrible movies that have bad fight scenes, like in Deadly Prey or Undefeatable, this one just came off as unenthusiastic like many of the Iron Fist fight scenes. What's interesting is in some of the reviews of this movie most seem to think that if the movie just stuck to the main plot of the ninjas fighting over the statue, it would be a decent film, but it gets so muddled down in worthless side stories and non sequiturs, don't know if that's true but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

• Like 2

I punched out about 15 minutes in, as it wasn't grabbing me. While I love horrible movies that have bad fight scenes, like in Deadly Prey or Undefeatable, this one just came off as unenthusiastic like many of the Iron Fist fight scenes. What's interesting is in some of the reviews of this movie most seem to think that if the movie just stuck to the main plot of the ninjas fighting over the statue, it would be a decent film, but it gets so muddled down in worthless side stories and non sequiturs, don't know if that's true but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

I agree. I was about 30 mins (around the time homeboy skewers a crab) when I gave up all pretense at paying attention to what was going on. At one point, (this was after 30 mins or whatever it was, mind you) I realized that I had no clue which character was the good guy or the bad guy. It was just guys...doing martial arts stuff - dully.

• Like 1

Oh fuck, they have to do Undefeatable, just for the "something for free" scene. It's on Youtube in full as well.

Just so many hilarious lines in this one scene alone, it's a must watch.

I've made it 44 minutes into Ninja Terminator and I think I'm going to have to call it quits. This movie is rough. I think it would have been better had I just played it in the background and not paid any close attention to it. It's just too boring to actually watch.

• Like 2

I've made it 44 minutes into Ninja Terminator and I think I'm going to have to call it quits. This movie is rough. I think it would have been better had I just played it in the background and not paid any close attention to it. It's just too boring to actually watch.

That's what I did. It was the soundtrack to my "dicking around on my phone" morning. Even my infant son didn't like it, and he has notoriously shitty taste.

• Like 2

I stopped watching after 15 min. There are an endless array of movies that are infinitely more enjoyable that they haven't covered yet.

I just don't understand the point of covering a movie like this.

• Like 2

I stopped watching after 15 min. There are an endless array of movies that are infinitely more enjoyable that they haven't covered yet.

Exactly! If I'm going to watch a movie this bad Crow, Servo, and either Joel, Mike, or Jonah better be there in silhouette to make it somewhat bearable.

• Like 3

According to our dear friends over at HDTGM Reddit, apparently the live show was pretty good for Ninja Terminator, so maybe we have something to look forward to. Plenty of people over there are just as bemused about the choice as they are here, it seems. Here's the link, but don't click if you want to be surprised about who the guests are.

• Like 2