🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
h1gzt

The Book of Henry (2017)

I just came home from from the theater and suggesting this movie was my first thought.

It is as if the universe is waiting for HDTGM to say "Challenge accepted" with this one.

e.g. https://www.vox.com/...of-henry-review

Having read that article, it seems like this movie was the Lifetime Channel's chance to make a big theatrical release and they put up a bunch of plot devices on a cork board and threw darts at it to determine what the movie would be. There's the Rear Window influence, some 13 Reasons Why mixed with PS I Love You with the tape, some whimsical Pee-Wee Herman elements, any number of know-it-all 90s kid movies mixed in for good measure. It's not surprising that a good number of known actors signed on for this as Treverrow is a huge name director and Gregg Hurwitz is an established writer. Reading the wiki for the movie is mind-boggling in how scatterbrained the movie is.

I want to see and discuss this movie sooo bad after watching this video. Warning it spoils all of it but honestly the trailer says nothing about what this movie is.

This is the Everest of HDTGM

My first thought upon seeing the trailer was, "This is a joke, right?" This cinematic abomination must be dissected for science.

Please do this for us. When I first heard of this movie it screamed HDTGM. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that it's still in theaters or that it will be streaming (legally) anytime soon.

Between this, 3 Generations and The Sea of Trees, I'm starting to feel bad for Naomi Watts.

• Like 1

Between this, 3 Generations and The Sea of Trees, I'm starting to feel bad for Naomi Watts.

Well if you look at the synopsis of those three and the people involved, they appear to be ultimate Oscar bait. Unfortunately of them were all terrible pieces of shit.

• Like 1

Well if you look at the synopsis of those three and the people involved, they appear to be ultimate Oscar bait. Unfortunately of them were all terrible pieces of shit.

Good point. I guess it's probably tough to know you're involved in cinematic diarrhea until it's over.

Couldn't be happier that Trevorrow lost his star wars movie and that this hunk of garbage was a contributing factor.

I've recently rewatched Jurassic World and really can't get over how bad that movie was. Especially when watched after the original.