🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 165 - Ninja Terminator: LIVE!

It has for me! Wonder what happened. Download everything!

There's odd gaps for me so I'm not getting everything, but I'm still downloading up a storm lol.

• Like 3

I haven't seen anybody mention this yet, but the music from the oral sex scene was from Pink Floyd's "Echoes." I'm pretty confident that it was not a licensed use of this material. My ears perk up whenever I hear even the slightest moment of PF music.

• Like 1

I have an existential crisis for all of you. If, per the lyrics of the theme song, the show never really does tell us "how did this get made" then are we just being haters?

• Like 5

I have an existential crisis for all of you. If, per the lyrics of the theme song, the show never really does tell us "how did this get made" then are we just being haters?

This is a question my mom asked when I told her the premise of the show. She still is waiting for me to tell her how most of these movies got made.

• Like 6

What's with the role of throwing stars in this movie? Ninja Terminator seems to posit that each Ninja has a unique throwing star, covered in Japanese characters, serving basically as a business card for ninjas. Both the Black Ninja and Richard Harrison identify each other based on throwing stars thrown by the Red Ninja and blocked by their swords. So did the Red Ninja steel their throwing stars and purposely leave them behind in an attempt to frame Harrison and the Black Ninja in some way? And when the purpose of all ninjas is to be stealthy, incognito killers, why would they use ninja stars that basically give away their identities? Every ninja in this movie sucks at being anonymous, especially Richard Harrison. The Ninja Empire not only knows that he stole part of the statue, but they know his phone number and address. These guys are just downright bad ninjas. I'm not comfortable with any of these guys possessing the supreme ninja power.

• Like 1

Has anyone discussed the fact that Machiko seems to be working at the restaurant either the same day, or the day after her brother was killed...while attending the funeral of her other brother that was just killed?

Not only that but she appears to be flirty with Jaguar?

• Like 2

There's odd gaps for me so I'm not getting everything, but I'm still downloading up a storm lol.

Does Stitcher Premium do the same thing as Howl and only let you download episodes to your phone or stream on your computer?

Did anyone else notice that they used "battle in the mutara nebula" from the wrath of khnn and "wish you where here" by pink floyd in the sound track (like 5 second clips)?

The amount of comments regarding Pink Floyd's "Echos" is borderline Performance Art. :)

• Like 6

Some thoughts on the movie:

- I always prefer my ninjas color-coded.

- I can't honestly tell what is Jaguar last name: is it Jaguar One, Jaguar Wong or Jaguar Juan?

- I do hope that both caucasian ninjas aren't right-handed, or it will suck for the one who got the left arm of the statue.

- It's really nice of them to leave their contact info on the throwing stars.

- I'm not sure I get red ninja's master plan. He wants to turn eye-liner and camo ninja against one another, but wouldn't that only make the winner more powerful, as he would have two pieces of the statue?

• Like 1

Everyone loves the Garfield phone....did anyone notice that the handset wasn't even plugged into the phone? Did they only have one phone available, so when it broke, they kept using it?

(around 50 seconds in)

The constant references to "The Golden Ninja Warrior" just made me think about the TV show.

looks like dom could be a single dad in fast 9 and 10 ... it's sad that she has to put her neck out there like this just to make a point that shouldn't have to be made in the first place. pretty sure most people who watched fast 8 wished the female characters had more to do. i kept waiting for letty to get her moment but it never happened. i'll be careful not to say this too loud in case i upset some redditors/4chaners but maybe we'll get an all female spin off???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40429481/fast--furious-star-threatens-to-quit-due-to-poor-female-representation

• Like 3

looks like dom could be a single dad in fast 9 and 10 ... it's sad that she has to put her neck out there like this just to make a point that shouldn't have to be made in the first place. pretty sure most people who watched fast 8 wished the female characters had more to do. i kept waiting for letty to get her moment but it never happened. i'll be careful not to say this too loud in case i upset some redditors/4chaners but maybe we'll get an all female spin off???

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-representation

I knew she wasn't happy with this shit!!! Clearly she's been keeping that in (probably to avoid any legal action taken) but I'm glad she's taking a stand now.

• Like 4

I wanted to get into Godfrey Ho and the whole ninja craze in general, but it looks like we're pretty well covered here. One thing that I don't think was mentioned, however, was Pink Floyd's "Echoes" which can be heard...

For those that watched on YouTube, did you happen to also watch the trailer for Golden Ninja Warrior? If so, did you love it?

MV5BNGE0NWY2MGItMmM4MC00ZDc5LWI1MjctNWY5OGJkODA4Y2M1L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

• Like 5

I knew she wasn't happy with this shit!!! Clearly she's been keeping that in (probably to avoid any legal action taken) but I'm glad she's taking a stand now.

Exactly. I'm not a fan of Michelle Rodriguez outside of this franchise, but let her do something, anything. Her filmography is almost entirely action movies. So we know she can do whatever they ask her to do. She's been a part of the franchise since the beginning and she's relegated to maybe 6th member of the team.

Godfrey Ho's cut and paste is astounding.

I'm slightly disappointed that they didn't feature, if I remember correctly, Ninja Dragon in which Richard Harrison's footage was spread thinner than the Thin Man after he'd been doing especially well at Weight Watchers. At one point the bad guys need to send a message that they want to meet Ninja Master Gordon at a location of their choice, and the footage GH uses is to have a ninja burst into Gordon's house flipping and whirling a sword at him. In mid air the hard-pressed dubbing actor has to shout "Ninja Master Gordon, the villain of this movie wants to meet you on Friday at 2pm at the following location!" at the desperate speed they use for disclaimers at the end of radio commercials. Then Ninja Master Gordon kills him. Imagine having so many ninjas, you can afford to send them on a suicide mission to arrange a meeting instead of popping a card through the letter box?

I'm sure that the golden glow in a suitcase trope is older than this movie, but I thought for a second that Tarantino had stolen his famous light in Pulp Fiction from Ninja Terminator. But then they immediately showed the stupid statue inside of it. Oh well.

• Like 1

I'm sure that the golden glow in a suitcase trope is older than this movie, but I thought for a second that Tarantino had stolen his famous light in Pulp Fiction from Ninja Terminator. But then they immediately showed the stupid statue inside of it. Oh well.

Kiss Me Deadly did it first I believe