🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 165 - Ninja Terminator: LIVE!

sorry, missed that post. so Ho saw some elses movie, came up with his own plot and spliced his material into the original and then dubbed over the original to suit his plot ... that's amazing ... but shouldn't there be 2 sets of credits then?

I really doubt that he would add in the appropriate credits for his movies. Someone earlier said that he stole recognizable tracks from Star Wars as well.

• Like 4

So it has been established that the Ninja Statue thing makes your arms and body immune to damage, but what about the legs? If the statute grants you complete invulnerability, shouldn't it contain the whole body and not just arms and torso?

I'm glad someone was able to catch the fruit ninja reference. Looks like Godfrey Ho is owed some iOS royalties.

I really doubt that he would add in the appropriate credits for his movies. Someone earlier said that he stole recognizable tracks from Star Wars as well.

It's been years since I've seen it but did What's Up Tiger Lily include the original credits? I seem to remember the movie ending and then Woody Allen just tells some jokes about it.

Granted, Woody Allen was upfront about "I stole this movie and dubbed it with a new plot" whereas I'm not sure if Godfrey Ho was as open about it.

Ninja Terminator needed more Terminator.

HDTGM needs to do Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone- Molly Ringwald is a teenage runaway IN SPACE.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086346/

It's got a sexy android, a pirate ship on rails, and Michael Ironside as a dictator called Overdog- how has this not been done already?

Ahem... more like, 'Sweet Valley Sai'...

HIGH FIVE!

Also the talk about how much they hated the chairs and the decor made me remember that I want to go to the Now Here This festival but my roommate doesn't want to go. Is anyone going? The early bird ticket deal expires soon, I think.

I need more podcast nerd friends.

• Like 3

the ending of the movie deserved some major discussion. for those who didn't watch the movie or couldn't sit through the whole thing, here it is .. and bare in mind this is after 90 mins of one of the most confusing movies i've ever seen

4e1BrnB.gif

big fight scene. good ninja wins (at least i think he was the good guy) and gets ugly statue back so the bad ninja does the honorable thing and, with a little flick of the wrist, blows himself up. good ninja looks behind as if to say "Uh?" .. THE END ... THIS MOVIE IS NUTS!!!

This has to be the most unintentionally hilarious ending shot to a movie I have ever seen.

The thing I was really curious about was near the beginning when the Ninja Empire #1 and #2 come upon the carnage of the traitors' escape. They survey the scene briefly then move on. As they do #2 decides to step directly onto the back of one of the corpses.

What I really want to know is was he directed to do that or was that a choice that actor made in the moment? Either way it really gives some depth to a character. One that we never see again?

qtfLWBY.png

• Like 1

HIGH FIVE!

Also the talk about how much they hated the chairs and the decor made me remember that I want to go to the Now Here This festival but my roommate doesn't want to go. Is anyone going? The early bird ticket deal expires soon, I think.

I need more podcast nerd friends.

I seriously pondered going, but if I'm going to make the trip from Toronto/CNY for a festival the timing needs to be better. One of these days!

When Jason started talking about his cousins and brought up the leotard he was interrupted causing him to say "My cousins Leah and...," and leave it hanging.

Didn't anyone else start to wonder if he had a cousin named Tard before he came back to it?

Yes!

• Like 1

It took me way too long to realize the two American actors were not the same guy. What was the deal with Jaguar and the die he would roll?

I doubt he asked permission to use Pink Floyd's "Echoes" as well.

https://youtu.be/53N99Nim6WE

---

From the Godfrey Ho Wiki page:

Godfrey Ho used an American actor Richard Harrison extensively as the lead role in many of his films. Harrison, a European B movie star in the 1960s and 1970s, agreed to act in several of Ho's films in the early 1980s, although this footage was later spliced into many more of Ho's productions without his prior agreement; the damage done to his acting career by this association with Ho's films led Harrison to retire in 1990.

Ho's film making also included uncredited and apparently unauthorised use of music from Miami Vice, Fight! Iczer One, Kamen Rider Super-1, Star Trek, Star Wars and Combat Mecha Xabungle, and by Wendy Carlos, Vangelis, Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Clan of Xymox, Hideki Matsutake and Steve Hillage, among others, as background score in his movies.

• Like 3

Two minor corrections, and not really pertaining to anything they said about the movie during the show.

1) At the end of the show, Paul said the movie "Opening Night" was in theaters. He obviously meant "Rough Night".

2) If you download the show from Soundcloud you'll see that the film is mis-titled "Ninja Warrior" in the filename.

1) At the end of the show, Paul said the movie "Opening Night" was in theaters. He obviously meant "Rough Night".

I thought he was plugging his own movie, Opening Night, but maybe it's not in theaters anymore.

• Like 1

Since I watched only about 20 minutes of this turd waterfall, I'm just gonna create names for awesome sounding Ninja movies.

The Shaw-ninja Redemption

Pulp Ninja

Ninja's Day Out

Terminator 2: Judgement Day: With Ninjas

North By Northninja

Ninja as Ice

Also I am really upset that every print of the 100% Soft version of Howard the Duck is sold out at Gallery 1988, I fucking love their art and own a few pieces already and this one is amazing.

during the epic fight scene on the beach i am pretty sure the guy in the black split his pants ... pretty sure. i guess those tight pants are great for getting the attention of the ladies but they don't hold up well when tested like this

PBGiUj4.gif

• Like 2

Since I watched only about 20 minutes of this turd waterfall, I'm just gonna create names for awesome sounding Ninja movies.

i was wondering when this would start up. my contributions

raging ninja

ninja club

green street ninjas

cinderella ninja

IP ninja

house of flying ninjas

the ninja kid

i'll stop there

i was wondering when this would start up. my contributions

raging ninja

ninja club

green street ninjas

cinderella ninja

IP ninja

house of flying ninjas

the ninja kid

i'll stop there

Goodninjas

Super Ninja Bros

Get Ninjas

Batman & Ninja

Carlito's Ninja

Yeah this is gonna keep me entertained until the next episode.

Is it me or has the paywall disappeared?

It has for me! Wonder what happened. Download everything!

• Like 2

Snow White and the Seven Ninjas (1937)

Ninja Without a Cause (1955)

The Good, The Bad, and The Ninja (1966)

One Flew Over The Ninja's Nest (1975)

Taxi Ninja (1976)

Star Ninjas (1977)

The Silence Of the Ninjas (1990)

The Ninja Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain (1995)

You've Got Ninja (1998)

Wonderninja (2017)

Why do our "heroes" often use their superhero style ability to change from street clothes/no eyeliner to to ninja outfit/with eyeliner when the enemy they are fighting already knows exactly who they are? The ridiculous head cover most of them use would SEVERELY limit their peripheral vision which would be a huge detriment to their fighting ability! Perhaps the ninja outfit is more "suitable for aerobic exercise and sport" like those multi-purpose swimsuits but that still does not explain the head covering.

ninja-terminator04.jpg

Oh Shit!! Did Richard Harrison's wife's clothing company design his fashionable camouflage ninja outfit??

That would explain his unique camouflage patterned suit as well as the Fashion before Function aspect of his head covering!!!

In the image above you can see his full face but he wouldn't be able to see shit to his left or right sides. There is negative benefit from wearing that suit aside from pleasing his lady that designed it!