🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 165.5 - Minisode 165.5

Ah, but not all Netflix is created equal. Canadian Netflix has a completely different library to American Netflix. I imagine CamB has an entirely different set of menus in Japan.

Look, I need you to be a CanadiCAN, not a CanadiCAN'T.

Is there any overlap? Does Hulu or Amazon Prime have a similar service?

• Like 8

Look, I need you to be a CanadiCAN, not a CanadiCAN'T.

Is there any overlap? Does Hulu or Amazon Prime have a similar service?

I wish I could be a CanadiCAN about this, but Hulu and Amazon Prime (and Seeso) are not available up here at all. :(:(:(

• Like 4

Ah, but not all Netflix is created equal. Canadian Netflix has a completely different library to American Netflix. I imagine CamB has an entirely different set of menus in Japan.

What a netflix party pooper!

Surely some movies overlap? Also, Japan has more Netflix movies than the US!

• Like 5

What a netflix party pooper!

Surely some movies overlap? Also, Japan has more Netflix movies than the US!

There is some overlap it depends on the movie.

• Like 3

There is some overlap it depends on the movie.

I don't care which movie. I just wanna hang with you guys; but if it's too much trouble, I'll slink back to Cootie County...:(

• Like 4

I don't care which movie. I just wanna hang with you guys; but if it's too much trouble, I'll slink back to Cootie County... :(

Well I'm game for whatever as well. Do some taste runs with the Chrome app and then we can pick the movie.

• Like 2

I don't care which movie. I just wanna hang with you guys; but if it's too much trouble, I'll slink back to Cootie County... :(

We don't have to use the Netflix Chrome extension. We can pick a movie and live post here (if it's allowed) or even on letterboxd.

• Like 2

We don't have to use the Netflix Chrome extension. We can pick a movie and live post here (if it's allowed) or even on letterboxd.

That's really all I was thinking. And, of course, this would be open to any and all.

• Like 1

That's really all I was thinking. And, of course, this would be open to any and all.

Of course.

• Like 1

In that case pick away at whatever movie. I should be able to get a hold somehow of most anything via streaming or hard disc as long as it's not too recent.

Most important thing is fine a date and time that work well for all those that want to participate. Being in Japan and working a regular job EST Friday night is my Saturday mid-morning so that works well.

• Like 2

OH MY GOD I CANNOT WAIT FOR TIMECOP! EEEEEEEE!!!! Taylor Anne we'll finally be able to compare some notes!!!

giphy.gif

Super HUGE thanks to Paul as well for listening to the concerns about those calls, and bless Dana for going through them.

I don't know if I can push myself to call in with my phone anxiety but we'll see. I feel like there's at least one thing I can harass Paul about, but I feel like I wouldn't be the only one who might call on it.

• Like 7

In that case pick away at whatever movie. I should be able to get a hold somehow of most anything via streaming or hard disc as long as it's not too recent.

Most important thing is fine a date and time that work well for all those that want to participate. Being in Japan and working a regular job EST Friday night is my Saturday mid-morning so that works well.

Yeah, I wondered how that might work for you, I'm glad it sounds feasible. We can hammer out those details if we decide to move forward on this.

I was also thinking, between HDTGM and Musical Mondays, it might be too much for some people to keep up with. I was thinking, depending on interest - and if we decide to do this as more than just a one off - maybe we do it as a monthly thing rather than a weekly/biweekly thing.

And while I don't want to put too firm a label on this (I'd like it to be any type of movie, really), but how does this sound: HDTGM Classics. We could either go through the old catalog of HDTGM movies (which might be cool for those of us trying to catch up on the movies we've missed. Plus, we might be able to co-opt the old threads for our purposes) OR this could be us discussing "classic" movies - which is something we discussed Musical Mondàys morphing into, but based on everyone's interest, I have a feeling MM's may go beyond the one year time period we had initially set. :)/>

Just food for thought. If you guys just want to watch Kong or something, I'd be happy with that, too.

• Like 5

HDTGM classics would be great! I still haven't seen a lot of the earlier movies like Mac and Me and Burlesque.

• Like 6

We can pick a movie and live post here (if it's allowed) or even on letterboxd.

You guys have my blessing if you want to create a new thread for each movie you cover. Musical Mondays is one of the best things to come out of this community in recent memory.

• Like 10

You guys have my blessing if you want to create a new thread for each movie you cover. Musical Mondays is one of the best things to come out of this community in recent memory.

Thanks, Dan! :)

• Like 6

OH MY GOD I CANNOT WAIT FOR TIMECOP! EEEEEEEE!!!! Taylor Anne we'll finally be able to compare some notes!!!

giphy.gif

FINALLY!

Track_4_10.gif

• Like 6

b2db7d6da76ab2ce966e41663649cba3.jpg

My deepest sympathies to poor Dana for having to descend into that twisted Lovecraftian cesspit every fortnight.

Super HUGE thanks to Paul as well for listening to the concerns about those calls, and bless Dana for going through them. I don't know if I can push myself to call in with my phone anxiety but we'll see. I feel like there's at least one thing I can harass Paul about, but I feel like I wouldn't be the only one who might call on it.

Thank you Dana SO MUCH for all the hard work you have done... I have called twice, I know I have to work on my accent and pronunciation and also have a quick farewell at the ready to end the call... Also, my anxiety ramps up exponentially as I speak but I have no problem dialing or making the call

giphy.gif

FINALLY!

Track_4_10.gif

Yeah times 3 (pic definitely related)

Yeah_Yeah_Yeahs.jpg

• Like 3

Of course now I'm faced with the difficult decision of: Do I want to rewatch Timecop to refresh my memory, or just work off of my notes?

Also I can'T FREAKING WAIT HURRY UP FRIDAY

• Like 3

Of course now I'm faced with the difficult decision of: Do I want to rewatch Timecop to refresh my memory, or just work off of my notes?

Also I can'T FREAKING WAIT HURRY UP FRIDAY

I was considering this same thing, because I honestly had a good time watching it the first go around and wouldn't mind purchasing it fully to watch it again.

• Like 3

I was considering this same thing, because I honestly had a good time watching it the first go around and wouldn't mind purchasing it fully to watch it again.

I watched it this morning and it was a lot of dumb fun. It goes by quick, too.

• Like 4

I have called twice, I know I have to work on my accent and pronunciation and also have a quick farewell at the ready to end the call... Also, my anxiety ramps up exponentially as I speak but I have no problem dialing or making the call

I think maybe you should lean into you accent harder. A good accent is attractive. When I met CakeBug, I didn't pay attention to a single thing he said, but I liked hearing it in an Australian accent. :)

• Like 4

I think maybe you should lean into you accent harder. A good accent is attractive. When I met CakeBug, I didn't pay attention to a single thing he said, but I liked hearing it in an Australian accent. :)

200_s.gif

• Like 7

I don't actually have an Australian accent, but Cameron had his heart set on me having one, so I got an accents tape out of the library and learned phonetically. Couldn't bear to let the little tyke down.

• Like 5

Also: I just called in. Having serious message leavers' remorse that I didn't nail it. Or my pronunciation of my awesome new word I just invented:

Timecoppelatio. It's okay, it's a grossout message, so I bet Paul will love it!

• Like 3

I don't actually have an Australian accent, but Cameron had his heart set on me having one, so I got an accents tape out of the library and learned phonetically. Couldn't bear to let the little tyke down.

The fact that you'd go to that much trouble just shows me how much you care :)/>

Although, frankly, I could not for the life of me figure out why you kept trying to work the conversation back to either barbecue shrimp, crocodiles, or knives. I guess now I know.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this