🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 165.5 - Minisode 165.5

Quick forum question: last song you found yourself dancing to? Go!

Me:

"Informer" by Snow (That's normal, right?)

• Like 6

Me:

That's your Canadian roots showing! Toronto represent!

No regular of our longest thread ever will be surprised when I say

Stick to the Status Quo, High School Musical (seriously)

• Like 6

Me:

I've had the same 80s tune stuck in my head since Saturday and I got so excited to share it with y'all until I had to actually name it and now I can't even remember what song it was. I hate everything.

EDIT: I REMEMBER!

• Like 4

I've had the same 80s tune stuck in my head since Saturday and I got so excited to share it with y'all until I had to actually name it and now I can't even remember what song it was. I hate everything.

8_13.gif

I'm pretty good at figuring out songs (particularly from the 80's). Do you have some lyrics? Name of the band? What genre is it?

EDIT: is it?

• Like 3

Freak Scene (with my son!) by Dinosaur Jr.

• Like 3

I'm not really one to dance. However certain songs if they catch me at the right time you can't help but move to.

• Like 3

I'm not really one to dance. However certain songs if they catch me at the right time you can't help but move to.

Fuck yeah

• Like 1

One of my co-workers is obsessed with this show. Asked for comment on your choice they simply said "Iconic."

My roommate and I started watching it this year and binged through all the old seasons, so I think I can say I'm obsessed too. Your co-worker has good taste imho.

• Like 5

My roommate and I started watching it this year and binged through all the old seasons, so I think I can say I'm obsessed too. Your co-worker has good taste imho.

It's great. I say "donut" come for me, all the time now.

• Like 4

Me:

I might have been making dinner and singing to my dog while listening to the Baby Driver soundtrack (which is the quite possibly the best soundtrack ever)...

• Like 4

It's great. I say "donut" come for me, all the time now.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

So this happened to me this morning...

If I'm going down, I'm taking all of you with me.

• Like 3

I might have been making dinner and singing to my dog while listening to the Baby Driver soundtrack (which is the quite possibly the best soundtrack ever)...

Oh I was definitely bopping my head during the movie several times.

• Like 3

Oh I was definitely bopping my head during the movie several times.

Ahh I'm dying to see that and my brother bailed last minute for his friends. Lame. I might just go by myself Friday.

• Like 2

Paul tweeted this a few minutes ago…

AtsBRDD.png

…proving once again that I am the world's greatest visionary.

• Like 7

Paul tweeted this a few minutes ago…

…proving once again that I am the world's greatest visionary.

romg.gif

• Like 6

Hey Dan, quick question: I just noticed that the greeting message on the Explanation Hope Line welcomes you to the 'Corrections and Omissions Hotline' where you can leave corrections and omissions about the most recent movie. Isn't this a bit of cross-contamination and the reason why so many good forum posts get scooped by people who call the EHL? No big deal of course, but I thought the EHL was an entity separate from the C+Os.

• Like 1

Hey Dan, quick question: I just noticed that the greeting message on the Explanation Hope Line welcomes you to the 'Corrections and Omissions Hotline' where you can leave corrections and omissions about the most recent movie. Isn't this a bit of cross-contamination and the reason why so many good forum posts get scooped by people who call the EHL? No big deal of course, but I thought the EHL was an entity separate from the C+Os.

I don't have any visibility into how the hotline is set up, but I assume this is just a product of how its purpose has evolved over time. I recommend tweeting about it to @paulscheer, as he's active and obviously receptive to listener feedback.

• Like 5

What I had hoped when the EHL was set up was that it would be more like the Facebook Q&A section. Kind of a place where people could ask serious, semi-serious, and goofball questions for Paul to answer. I guess I don't blame people for using it as a backdoor C&O hotline, though, since some people don't have the time or inclination to write on an Internet forum. I just wish the calls were a little more...interesting? Better? It's not the callers' fault or that their points are dumb, but you can hear the nerves in their voice, because ultimately, they're talking to no one. They're trying to be coherent, and funny, and whatever, but you can tell that it's missing the natural give and take of speaking to an actual person. That's why I prefer the forums, because they are just that: a forum. I can say something, and someone will respond, and we can bounce ideas off of one another and have an honest to God conversation.

This is one of the reasons why I don't have the desire to call in. The other reasons being that I don't really have anything to ask at present, and I already post on the forums so I'm not going to post something and then call it in. And I'm also not the type of person to think, "This point I'm about to make is AMAZING! Instead of a legible, well-thought-out post that I can edit and revise if I need to, I'm going to call Paul and 'um' and 'ah' my way through a voice mail like a Goober."

ETA: Case in point, I've edited this post twice three four times already. I may need to look at it again later... ;)

• Like 3

What I had hoped when the EHL was set up was that it would be more like the Facebook Q&A section. Kind of a place where people could ask serious, semi-serious, and goofball questions for Paul to answer. I guess I don't blame people for using it as a backdoor C&O hotline, though, since some people don't have the time or inclination to write on an Internet forum. I just wish the calls were a little more...interesting? Better? It's not the callers' fault or that their points are dumb, but you can hear the nerves in their voice, because ultimately, they're talking to no one. They're trying to be coherent, and funny, and whatever, but you can tell that it's missing the natural give and take of speaking to an actual person. That's why I prefer the forums, because they are just that: a forum. I can say something, and someone will respond, and we can bounce ideas off of one another and have an honest to God conversation.

This is one of the reasons why I don't have the desire to call in. The other reasons being that I don't really have anything to ask at present, and I already post on the forums so I'm not going to post something and then call it in. And I'm also not the type of person to think, "This point I'm about to make is AMAZING! Instead of a legible, well-thought-out post that I can edit and revise if I need to, I'm going to call Paul and 'um' and 'ah' my way through a voice mail like a Goober."

ETA: Case in point, I've edited this post twice three four times already. I may need to look at it again later... ;)

Tangent: my favorite C&Os are when Paul reads our back and forths (although it's usually me disagreeing with someone and then he's like, "Oh, Fister, you got fucking told!"). I think the discussion nature of things is more interesting than one-off attempts of people trying to be funny or, say, chain-posting their stream of consciousness as they listen to the ep.

Edit: If I call the EHL and dedicate a slow jam to Cameron, will Paul play it?

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this